Walking Dead season 8 (no comic stuff)

Malfatron

41 minutes ago, squire12 said:

That is a great possibility.  Would cast some serious issues for Dwight.

https://www.forbes.com/sites/erikkain/2018/04/02/who-got-into-negans-car-in-last-nights-episode-of-the-walking-dead/#2e6d40a01208

The articles 4 mentions

Laura

Gregory

Heath (went with Tara to the oceanside community and was never seen again after the dumptruck of sand scene)

Carl (fakes his illness and death to re-unite with Negan to try and stop the war)

does negan even know heath,

i think negan would be a little more surprised if it was carl.

27 minutes ago, cddolphin said:
1 hour ago, squire12 said:

Carl (fakes his illness and death to re-unite with Negan to try and stop the war)

no

Its not my theory, that is from the article I posted.  That was their theory.  I agree that it would be very unrealistic.  

I think it is either.....Gregory, Laura or Sherry (Dwight's wife/1 of Negan's wives)

28 minutes ago, cddolphin said:

I barely know who Heath is. Same thing with Laura.

It's probably Gregory (he wasn't with the other Savior group).

Not originally, but he was with the POW (that were saviors) at the Hillside.  

This is Laura.  She knows what Dwight was doing.  Dwight asked if anyone had seen her when Dwight came out of the bushes when Tara was about to kill him.  He "saved" her there and that is what Tara is advocating for with Darryl.

https%3A%2F%2Fblogs-images.forbes.com%2Ferikkain%2Ffiles%2F2018%2F04%2Flaura.jpg

6 minutes ago, squire12 said:

This is Laura.  She knows what Dwight was doing.  Dwight asked if anyone had seen her when Dwight came out of the bushes when Tara was about to kill him.  He "saved" her there and that is what Tara is advocating for with Darryl.

Right I know he was with the POWs, but he wasn't with that group Rick slaughtered. Meaning he is likely in the area somewhere.

Gotcha. I barely remember her but she would definitely throw a wrench in things.

I think 90% of the reason TWD still ends with these dumb cliffhangers is to force us to talk about the show. Otherwise, the episode was largely forgettable, with the exception of Rick going further down the road of Shane.

12 minutes ago, squire12 said:

https%3A%2F%2Fblogs-images.forbes.com%2Ferikkain%2Ffiles%2F2018%2F04%2Flaura.jpg

Thanks for clearing this up. I hadn't known what he name was either.

19 minutes ago, JTagg7754 said:

Thanks for clearing this up. I hadn't known what he name was either.

Neither did I .  Part of the issue with some of the ancillary characters.  Some of them could play "key" roles in developing the plot and storyline, but it can be hard to keep track of them as they often do not appear in sequential episodes..

26 minutes ago, cddolphin said:

I think 90% of the reason TWD still ends with these dumb cliffhangers is to force us to talk about the show. Otherwise, the episode was largely forgettable, with the exception of Rick going further down the road of Shane.

Couple of mini cliffhangers from this episode

1.  Who did  Negan pick up along the way...assuming he did in fact pick them up

2.  The helicopter

3.  We saw a potentially "human side" of Negan.  Assuming his story about his wife and the baseball bat was true.  Offers some element of vulnerability to his character that Jadis knows

4.  At some point, Morgan is going to leave and  venture out.

Not sure how Morgan will connect with FtWD group.  Will that be after he leaves Hilltop, or will that be sometime between when Rick encountered him in Season 1 and when he returns later?  Will be interesting to see how the "timelines" mesh.

How would a helicopter being part of the FtWD group that forces the 2 groups to clash over a gigantic struggle of East vs West?

3 hours ago, MookieMonster said:

What are the chances he found a dead Laura? I feel like anyone alive would hide when they see headlights, not just continue walking. Is it possible Negan put zombie Laura in the trunk to bring her back?

A bit of a stretch but...

That is a distinct possibility, as it didn’t appear as though anyone was in the passenger seat of the car when Negan drove back to the Sanctuary.

1 hour ago, squire12 said:

Couple of mini cliffhangers from this episode

1.  Who did  Negan pick up along the way...assuming he did in fact pick them up

2.  The helicopter

3.  We saw a potentially "human side" of Negan.  Assuming his story about his wife and the baseball bat was true.  Offers some element of vulnerability to his character that Jadis knows

4.  At some point, Morgan is going to leave and  venture out.

Not sure how Morgan will connect with FtWD group.  Will that be after he leaves Hilltop, or will that be sometime between when Rick encountered him in Season 1 and when he returns later?  Will be interesting to see how the "timelines" mesh.

How would a helicopter being part of the FtWD group that forces the 2 groups to clash over a gigantic struggle of East vs West?

i dont have an issue with the helicopter 'cliffhanger' because none of the existing characters know about it either. that effectively sets up intrigue.

however, the negan 'get in' cliffhanger is manipulative because its hiding infomation from the audience from something that is happening right in front of us. same thing with the "who did negan kill" cliffhanger a few seasons ago.

1 hour ago, MathMan said:

however, the negan 'get in' cliffhanger is manipulative because its hiding infomation from the audience from something that is happening right in front of us. same thing with the "who did negan kill" cliffhanger a few seasons ago.

Who got into Negan's car?

Who did Negan kill?

Did Glenn die?

Whose boot was that?

Was Daryl mortally shot?

TWD has turned into the Boy Who Cried Wolf - and now nobody cares.

4 hours ago, squire12 said:

This is something I'm most interested in. When Morgan was stable, at the beginning, he was great. As he's become more unstable, he's gotten worse. I'm assuming it'll be between when he was talking about the dead talking among themselves in "Clear". I'm not furthering that discussion b/c it is comic book related but I do not feel Kim is a part of that group, she maybe just ran into them also.

Well that and the fact I feel, at this moment in time, FtWD is far better than tWD. It started out so slow but just got so good. Rare to say the first season of any show is easily the worst thus far.

Archived