2021 Titans OTA/TC/Preseason Thread

7 hours ago, TitanRedd said:

When we speak of NT we speak of someone that can either play all 3 downs as a NT or 1 that can clog run lanes. The NT position isn’t overblown we’re mediocre at stopping the run & our LB’s are finesse & undersized, that don’t get off blocks not thumpers. I’m rooting for the kid though 

Rice is a thumper though. If he gets reps right away, that should help in out obvious run downs.

I think the strength of the defensive roster is the DB position. We have a deep group of high end prospects and quality vets. It’s helped by the fact that our linebackers, as far as coverage goes, are quality. Brown should be great again, Long looks like he’s developing into a good cover lb too. Rashaan and Rice not as much, but neither is useless.

Edge is still the big weakness, and DL is passable unless Tart or Murchison really blow up way past reasonable expectations.

16 hours ago, TitanRedd said:

When we speak of NT we speak of someone that can either play all 3 downs as a NT or 1 that can clog run lanes. The NT position isn’t overblown we’re mediocre at stopping the run & our LB’s are finesse & undersized, that don’t get off blocks not thumpers. I’m rooting for the kid though 

NT's dont play all three downs. they primarily play the first two. you arent gonna be in a pass rush situation with a NT on the field. makes no sense.  it IS overblown because again, we are only in a 3-4 alignment with a true NT 30% of the time. the titans are technically a 3-4 team but dont get caught up in that. they are a multiple front that runs a lot of 4 more fronts MOST of the time. Truth be told, there are only gonna be two DT's on the field the majority of the time. Autry and simmons. dont get so caught up in pidgeon holing Tart as just a NT.. he really doesnt even fit the profile for that. he's barely over 300 pounds. he's just an overall good DT thats likely to be high in the rotation off the bench. 

1 hour ago, Airness McNairness said:

NT's dont play all three downs. they primarily play the first two. you arent gonna be in a pass rush situation with a NT on the field. makes no sense.  it IS overblown because again, we are only in a 3-4 alignment with a true NT 30% of the time. the titans are technically a 3-4 team but dont get caught up in that. they are a multiple front that runs a lot of 4 more fronts MOST of the time. Truth be told, there are only gonna be two DT's on the field the majority of the time. Autry and simmons. dont get so caught up in pidgeon holing Tart as just a NT.. he really doesnt even fit the profile for that. he's barely over 300 pounds. he's just an overall good DT thats likely to be high in the rotation off the bench. 

You know everything I see 😄 my guy do your research certain NT play all 3 downs see Vince Wilflork Haloti Ngata they played all 3 downs better yet go look at Albert Haynesworth elite yrs in TN believe it or not Albert played NT, Tony brown played the 3 tech & our DE’s played a wide 9. We don’t run a traditional 3-4 with 1 NT & 2 5 tech DE’s. It depends what kind of guy you have at NT that determines how you use him. 

Edited by TitanRedd
  • Like 1

10 hours ago, Daniel said:

Rice is a thumper though. If he gets reps right away, that should help in out obvious run downs.

I think the strength of the defensive roster is the DB position. We have a deep group of high end prospects and quality vets. It’s helped by the fact that our linebackers, as far as coverage goes, are quality. Brown should be great again, Long looks like he’s developing into a good cover lb too. Rashaan and Rice not as much, but neither is useless.

Edge is still the big weakness, and DL is passable unless Tart or Murchison really blow up way past reasonable expectations.

I really like Rice I think he’s a gem, he gives me Randall Godfrey vibes 

6 hours ago, TitanRedd said:

You know everything I see 😄 my guy do your research certain NT play all 3 downs see Vince Wilflork Haloti Ngata they played all 3 downs better yet go look at Albert Haynesworth elite yrs in TN believe it or not Albert played NT, Tony brown played the 3 tech & our DE’s played a wide 9. We don’t run a traditional 3-4 with 1 NT & 2 5 tech DE’s. It depends what kind of guy you have at NT that determines how you use him. 

Yeah, just because there’s not a zero on all three downs doesn’t mean that there’s no nose tackle. Most schemes like one interior DL to be further inside than the other or to focus on plugging a couple of gaps in a likely passing scenario.

9 hours ago, Daniel said:

Yeah, just because there’s not a zero on all three downs doesn’t mean that there’s no nose tackle. Most schemes like one interior DL to be further inside than the other or to focus on plugging a couple of gaps in a likely passing scenario.

Thank you my guy 💪🏽💯

12 minutes ago, TitanLegend said:

If only we could have kept that young stud QB who went like an entire training camp without throwing an INT. 😔

Wonder whatever became of him...

don’t you talk about our sweet perfect boy like that!