2021 Titans OTA/TC/Preseason Thread

12 hours ago, Mesa_Titan said:

40%? Wut? He had one game under 70% last season and had 9 games over 80%.

My memory sucks, and you're right, I was way off.  75% last year.  Still, he was our DL on the field the most.  Jones was only on for 60%, and he was our second.  My point (regardless of how off base my numbers were) is that that's a quarter of the snaps our best DL isn't on the field, and nearly half that our second best isn't, if we only run two down linemen.  Thirds and fourths spend a lot of time on the field, especially in a three man rotation.

We're gonna have one of two unproven guys on the field as our DLs more than half the time, and then whoever is fifth will see time as well.  And right now, that's a camp body.  Overall, that does not make a strong rotation, unless one of them just improves way more than any person watching them last season would think.

And it's definitely not strong enough to make up for how bad our Edge situation is.

25 minutes ago, Daniel said:

My memory sucks, and you're right, I was way off.  75% last year.  Still, he was our DL on the field the most.  Jones was only on for 60%, and he was our second.  My point (regardless of how off base my numbers were) is that that's a quarter of the snaps our best DL isn't on the field, and nearly half that our second best isn't, if we only run two down linemen.  Thirds and fourths spend a lot of time on the field, especially in a three man rotation.

We're gonna have one of two unproven guys on the field as our DLs more than half the time, and then whoever is fifth will see time as well.  And right now, that's a camp body.  Overall, that does not make a strong rotation, unless one of them just improves way more than any person watching them last season would think.

And it's definitely not strong enough to make up for how bad our Edge situation is.

Meh, I’m actually pretty confident in Tart, Simmons, and Autry. I think they’re going to ball out. 

17 minutes ago, Mesa_Titan said:

Meh, I’m actually pretty confident in Tart, Simmons, and Autry. I think they’re going to ball out. 

I have full confidence in two of those.  Tart looked good last year as a rookie, but he didn't look like a world beater or anything, so until I see him actually ball out, I'm skeptical.  Same with Murchison.  Liked him as a prospect, but would have liked to see more from his rookie season.

But who knows?  Lack of an offseason may mean we see way more growth from second years than usual.