2021 Titans OTA/TC/Preseason Thread

17 hours ago, -Hope- said:

tbf, i don't think radunz was a reach. pretty solid pick at the time and thought to be relatively pro-ready. i suspect he's just having issues getting up to nfl speed from NDSU

That's my take.  They were gushing about him before pads came on.  He was a good prospect, and bottom of the second is good value for an OL that projects to be a good pro.  Growing pains from NDSU to NFL are to be expected.

As for what JRob is doing with drafting OTs, I think he trusts his ability to draft good OL prospects (mental stability/character not included), and you can generally get a lot of bang for your buck by spending early but not too early draft picks on OLs then letting them walk.

2 hours ago, ttitansfan4life said:

Reynolds went from WR2 to potentially not even making the team…. Woah

I think projecting him not making the team is waaaaaaaay overboard.  Especially since it was speculation coming from Kuharsky.

The WRs that are ahead of him in rotation, as of right now, are probably just AJ and Julio.  Fitzpatrick and McMath are surefire roster makers.  That leaves probably two spots, so he has to lose out to two of Marcus Johnson, Westbrook, Batson, Fred Brown, Lipscomb, Kinsey, and Chester Rogers.

Even Johnson, who's got probably the best resume of that group and has been praised in camp, has been just-a-guy for his NFL career.  The rest aren't even there, and they're not rookies who are untested either.

No way Reynolds is cut for one of them.  No matter how unexplosive PK thinks he looks.

No way we’d do it but based off what I’m hearing (or what little), Dez Fitzpatrick should start the season on the practice squad.

I’m sure he’d get scooped up quickly if we did, so the chances are very low we’d do it. However, it sounds like he’s really struggling/not standing out so far. We’ll see how he does once the games start.

1 hour ago, Daniel said:

I think projecting him not making the team is waaaaaaaay overboard.  Especially since it was speculation coming from Kuharsky.

The WRs that are ahead of him in rotation, as of right now, are probably just AJ and Julio.  Fitzpatrick and McMath are surefire roster makers.  That leaves probably two spots, so he has to lose out to two of Marcus Johnson, Westbrook, Batson, Fred Brown, Lipscomb, Kinsey, and Chester Rogers.

Even Johnson, who's got probably the best resume of that group and has been praised in camp, has been just-a-guy for his NFL career.  The rest aren't even there, and they're not rookies who are untested either.

No way Reynolds is cut for one of them.  No matter how unexplosive PK thinks he looks.

I’m not projecting him not making the roster but I don’t think it’s that far of a stretch either. Guy hasn’t been healthy and Johnson has clearly stepped up. If Fitzpatrick wasn’t a 4th round pick(yuck), he probably wouldn’t even make it. McMath and Rogers provide special teams(Rogers as a returner) and both have flashed at receiver during camp. Kuharsky definitely isn’t the only one picking on Reynolds. It’s not like they have a bunch invested in Reynolds….

Edited by ttitansfan4life

I think Johnson is threatening to play over Reynolds, especially if he is hurt.

But PK gets no attention from me. He doesn't break news, he just gives his opinions which are very annoying. Even if he is right, I don't like the way it is packaged. I can find too many other outlets that can give it straight without being a jerk about it. 

I unfollowed him months ago. 

But someone thinking Fitzpatrick isn't going to make the team?  Naw, I can't see that. 

I don’t mind PK

Im from Boston so the media up here for the most part is pretty tough on the teams and PK is one of the few guys down there that will ask tough questions

I listen to more Nashville radio now than I ever did and I do get the sense especially from a lot of the 104.5 the zone guys that there is a lot of @ss grabbing when they talk to Vrabel or who ever 

There are definitely times PK goes to far and mostly over small things 

But I do appreciate him asking tough questions 

Say what you want about PK, he does seem to have good relationships with JRob Vrabel and other people in that building 

The one time I was really not on PKs side was when he chased Logan Ryan off of the Logan Ryan show

There are times you have to kiss a little @ss and it should of been with Logan especially since he’s doing them the solid and doing the show for them 

But overall I don’t mind PK

Yes he is a little bit of a hot head and I understand why some don’t like him but he’s fine with me 

Edited by Titans fan 617

He’s fine, but he seems to blur the lines between his opinions and “insider information.”

So you kind of have to take his stuff with a grain of salt.

And I think speculating that Reynolds won’t make the roster is patently ridiculous.

2 hours ago, Daniel said:

He’s fine, but he seems to blur the lines between his opinions and “insider information.”

So you kind of have to take his stuff with a grain of salt.

And I think speculating that Reynolds won’t make the roster is patently ridiculous.

I could be wrong but I don’t think it was PK saying he might not make the roster 

All PK said was Reynolds doesn’t look explosive