2021 Titans OTA/TC/Preseason Thread

On 6/3/2021 at 1:04 PM, ttitansfan4life said:

Yep. It’s horrible to watch any offense carve up the defense like it’s nothing. Sit back 5-10 yards every damn play, any QB can beat that. How many times was it 3rd and short and the DBs were lined up 5 yards off the receiver? Should be in there damn face every play. Assuming health this year, no reason why we shouldn’t be able to match up with big receivers and even fast receivers. You have good size with Fulton and Farley. You have speed with Farley, Fulton, and I still think Jenkins has some good speed(has to at least be as fast as Butler). Molden doesn’t have the size and isn’t a speedy guy but he’s the only natural nickel CB on the team. Love the way he plays.

This plus.  I also thought the QB had "too easy" of a read on just what kind of D we were playing making it much easier to not make mistakes. This is why I thought we were even lit up half the time by QB's with little experience. 

Anyone buying the Zach Ertz rumors?

Titans seem to be mentioned a lot when it comes to him but there are other suitors for him as well

Part or me just wants to role with Firkser 

But we really don’t have a 3rd reliable TE on the roster so Ertz does make sense 

Don’t know what the Titans would have to give up and what is contract status is 

2 minutes ago, Titans fan 617 said:

Anyone buying the Zach Ertz rumors?

Titans seem to be mentioned a lot when it comes to him but there are other suitors for him as well

Part or me just wants to role with Firkser 

But we really don’t have a 3rd reliable TE on the roster so Ertz does make sense 

Don’t know what the Titans would have to give up and what is contract status is 

Nope. Highly doubt they’re trading anymore picks. If he’s released, then yes.

39 minutes ago, ttitansfan4life said:

Nope. Highly doubt they’re trading anymore picks. If he’s released, then yes.

If released I would be interested as well

Im curious what we would want to do

Bills were in the AFC Championship game last year

Colts have his former QB

Titans have superstars all over the offense and would have a much easier time making plays because of the attention to Henry Jones and Brown

1 minute ago, titans0021 said:

Yeah, I see no path to trading for Ertz. Can’t see us trading another pick and adding $7.5 million for another pass-catcher after the Julio trade. If he’s released, I’m sure we’d put a call in, but I doubt we’d win a bidding war.

only way i could see this happening is if they eat at least half his salary and we give up a 5th/6th..

Trading for another pick would put us in a pretty precarious draft position. Especially for someone on offense, where we’re already stacked.

If anything, adding a playable guy at Edge should be the first, second, and third priority. Having a defense that can occasionally stop someone would do more than adding another passcatcher when we have Julio.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Airness McNairness said:

i wonder how many they will keep this year. I can get to 5 easy before any of the "unknown Guys".  Aj, Julio, Reynolds, Dez, Mcmath are all but locks to make the roster. Having 6 on gameday would be new..

I don’t know if McMath is a lock but he may have a leg up with his special team play.  Special teams will most likely be what separates the guys at the bottom of the WR depth chart.