Will Mac Jones be the Week 1 starter for the Patriots?

DoleINGout

Week 1 QB Poll  

22 members have voted

1. 1. Will rookie Mac Jones be named the starting QB for the first regular season game in 2021?

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 08/06/2021 at 11:59 PM

57 minutes ago, 1ForTheThumb said:

When has he ever drafted a QB this early? Since when does every first round pick he draft not start? 

Depends on how depth looks, like Mike Onwenu started all 16 games but N'Keal Harry for example started just 5 games (Sony started 8 games and Issah Wynn was just injured in his rookie season and going back to Malcom Brown didn't start any games in his rookie season). The thing is, there is no reason to rush Jones out there unless Cam just plain sucks or is injured. 

Edited by The Third Rider

1 hour ago, 1ForTheThumb said:

When has he ever drafted a QB this early? Since when does every first round pick he draft not start? 

QBs have a much steeper learning curve than any other position. His reluctance to start rookies in general suggests that a rookie QB will be unlikely to get playing time. 

I think whomever gives the Patriots the best chance to win week one will be the starting QB. I don't think it will be Jones. I don't think looking at the number of starts by Harry, Michel, Dugger, or any players that were injured as rookies as an indication as to whether or not Jones will start is pointless. But I don't think Jones will be ready week one. However, with that said with all the extra attention McDaniels is giving Jones there is a chance but I think it is a very slim one.

Bold prediction time.

Cam starts week 1

Cam comes out guns blazing and has an amazing rebound season - throws for 4000, 30/10 TD/INT, 500 rushing yards 8 rushing TDS

Divisional Round exit in the playoffs vs the Chiefs

Patriots slap franchise tag on him

Bears trade 2nd and 6th round pick for him because Fields wasn't ready or got hurt

Mac starts 2022 while Fields is on the bench behind Cam in Chicago. 

16 minutes ago, Deadpulse said:

Bold prediction time.

Cam starts week 1

Cam comes out guns blazing and has an amazing rebound season - throws for 4000, 30/10 TD/INT, 500 rushing yards 8 rushing TDS

Divisional Round exit in the playoffs vs the Chiefs

Patriots slap franchise tag on him

Bears trade 2nd and 6th round pick for him because Fields wasn't ready or got hurt

Mac starts 2022 while Fields is on the bench behind Cam in Chicago. 

Did the city of Chicago run over your dog or something?