Will Mac Jones be the Week 1 starter for the Patriots?

DoleINGout

Week 1 QB Poll  

22 members have voted

1. 1. Will rookie Mac Jones be named the starting QB for the first regular season game in 2021?

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 08/06/2021 at 11:59 PM

33 minutes ago, Hunter2_1 said:

What are we going to look like a couple years on D?

.........Phillips.........Dugger/Bledsoe.......

Mills.....Jones.......................................Jackson...

.................Bentley......McGrone................

Judon......Barmore.......Godchaux.......Davis

?! 

Presumably we start getting in new talent at S/CB/LB

Biggest thing I would say about this is I feel Bentley is gone this offseason. He seems like a prime candidate for Miami to overpay given the amount of cap space they have. 

I think they try to mold Bryant into the 3rd safety and focus on getting a corner and LB in the draft. Uche could very well be given the opportunity for a year to be inside. He noted previously he wanted to be like Hightower, and the team has invested heavily at OLB so it could make sense. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Crimmage said:

Biggest thing I would say about this is I feel Bentley is gone this offseason. He seems like a prime candidate for Miami to overpay given the amount of cap space they have. 

Bentley isn't going anywhere. He's been a team captain and Belichick goes the extra mile to keep those in the fold.

Plus, with Hightower also likely gone, I doubt the team will be eager to need to fully rebuild the LB corps AGAIN. 

• Like 1

I agree there to an extent.. but I wouldnt be surprised if Miami offers him 10M a season. Do you think BB loves him THAT much?! I am not so sure.. not many teams in the league want a LB like him anymore.. but Miami is def one of them. 

1 hour ago, Crimmage said:

I agree there to an extent.. but I wouldnt be surprised if Miami offers him 10M a season. Do you think BB loves him THAT much?! I am not so sure.. not many teams in the league want a LB like him anymore.. but Miami is def one of them. 

He's gonna get a new deal from the Pats before the start of free agency is my prediction. 

On 1/5/2022 at 7:16 PM, m haynes said:

That's much better than what Mac is throwing to now. 

So that tell me that the Pats need to upgrade their WR's. Also Brady's arm was stronger (than) which give him advantage throwing to smaller windows. Mac needs WRs that will give him bigger windows.

I think you’re overrating the 2001 team because they won a SB, but offensively, in terms of pure physical talent, I think the teams are pretty even, in fact I’d give the edge to this team. 

Meyers/Bourne/Agholor is at least on par with Brown/Patten, Hunter Henry is probably the best weapon on both teams, and I would take Harris and Stevenson over Smith (Faulk is a better 3DB, but if White were healthy that would be a wash too).

2 minutes ago, ChazStandard said:

I think you’re overrating the 2001 team because they won a SB, but offensively, in terms of pure physical talent, I think the teams are pretty even, in fact I’d give the edge to this team. 

It has nothing to do with the SB but if you think that than what has this team accomplished. They made the playoffs and  there a good chance their one and done.  This team beat just two good teams, three if you want to count the Titans minus Henry.  I still consider the team a work in progress with many holes still need to be filled.

10 minutes ago, ChazStandard said:

I think the teams are pretty even, in fact I’d give the edge to this team. 

That's your opinion and i disagree. I don't consider Meyers and Agholor anything other than average/good players however when you at them and compared to the garbage the Pats had the last couple of years you would see them as All Pros.

18 minutes ago, ChazStandard said:

Faulk is a better 3DB

I love White but I would never put him on par with KF. KF was not just a 3DB he was a complete back. He ran just as well as catching the ball.

Last, there is not anyone on this 2021 team close to Troy Brown talent. I have a hard time finding anyone saying otherwise.

You have you opinion I have mind, lets just leave it at that.