Will Mac Jones be the Week 1 starter for the Patriots?

DoleINGout

Week 1 QB Poll  

22 members have voted

1. 1. Will rookie Mac Jones be named the starting QB for the first regular season game in 2021?

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 08/06/2021 at 11:59 PM

45 minutes ago, DoleINGout said:

Are we discounting Stid the kid?

Is there any reason to believe in him? He has never done anything... He is just someone people put blind faith in just because there was nobody else with a future sitting on the bench. He couldn't even beat out Brian Hoyer. :/

4 hours ago, The Third Rider said:

Is there any reason to believe in him? He has never done anything... He is just someone people put blind faith in just because there was nobody else with a future sitting on the bench. He couldn't even beat out Brian Hoyer. :/

He beat out Hoyer his rookie year and was hurt early in camp last year.

I would pretty astounded if Cam wasn't the starter week 1, barring injury. That said, I'd be equally astounded if Cam makes it the whole year without playing badly enough to get benched, or getting hurt. So even money for me says Jones gets at least some starting time this year. Reports out of practices say he's looking very sharp, but rookies are always praised in their first camp, so who knows. 

On 6/7/2021 at 1:59 AM, Starless said:

The decision not to make a move for Fields was Belichick's and Belichick's alone. The Bears simply capitalized on his error. 

Damn didn't realize both Fields and Mac Jones have played games yet. 

• Like 1

On 6/5/2021 at 2:03 PM, DoleINGout said:

He has done plenty.

I mean, not sure what to make of what I have seen. So far a career 22/48 attempts, for 270 yards with 2 TDs and 4 interceptions with a 46.4 QB rating is super underwhelming. Most of that came last year in 5 games, with a pretty terrible supporting cast but he didn't show me anything to think there is untapped talent there.

Edited by The Third Rider

12 hours ago, 1ForTheThumb said:

Damn didn't realize both Fields and Mac Jones have played games yet. 

No it was clearly an error to pass on Fields, who needs to see actual NFL experience to make that determination? 🙄

No, Cam will start. If Cam is injured, then even then Stid will probably start. 

I don't want to see Mac until at least half way through season. I think it would indicate a desperate situation if he's called upon early