Will Mac Jones be the Week 1 starter for the Patriots?

DoleINGout

Week 1 QB Poll  

22 members have voted

1. 1. Will rookie Mac Jones be named the starting QB for the first regular season game in 2021?

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 08/06/2021 at 11:59 PM

So NE beat writers and media are coming down much harder on Cam then I thought they would. Seems I’ve underestimated this.

a lot of them are convinced this means Mac is now starter and that BB will be furious with Cam. They’re bringing Cam’s behaviour into question and also mentioning how he had to be dragged away from playing grab *** with the fans at the Eagles game.

seems harsh to me? It’s not ideal and it was avoidable but I can’t see how this completely reverses the original order of QBs

3 hours ago, Hunter2_1 said:

So NE beat writers and media are coming down much harder on Cam then I thought they would. Seems I’ve underestimated this.

a lot of them are convinced this means Mac is now starter and that BB will be furious with Cam. They’re bringing Cam’s behaviour into question and also mentioning how he had to be dragged away from playing grab *** with the fans at the Eagles game.

seems harsh to me? It’s not ideal and it was avoidable but I can’t see how this completely reverses the original order of QBs

yeah, I think Cam still starts. He definitely has looked better than last year so far plus Belichick doesn't really want to play rookies that much.

13 hours ago, Hunter2_1 said:

Frankly I think Cam should’ve been cut the second he turned down the vaccine and won’t be supporting the team while he’s the starter

9 hours ago, mission27 said:

Frankly I think Cam should’ve been cut the second he turned down the vaccine and won’t be supporting the team while he’s the starter

While I think he has a right to decide what does or does not go into his body, that he did not fully understand the protocols and thus missed crucial practice time is inexcusable. That makes me think he’s unreliable. It’s part of the quarterback’s job to understand all the rules and procedures. If he can’t grasp COVID protocol, then how could he be trusted to lead a drive with 2 minutes left in a playoff game? Time to move on. 

1 hour ago, rfournier103 said:

While I think he has a right to decide what does or does not go into his body, that he did not fully understand the protocols and thus missed crucial practice time is inexcusable. That makes me think he’s unreliable. It’s part of the quarterback’s job to understand all the rules and procedures. If he can’t grasp COVID protocol, then how could he be trusted to lead a drive with 2 minutes left in a playoff game? Time to move on. 

He 100% has that right but it puts the team in a bad spot and sets a really bad example.  Maybe if he was a special teamer whatever.  But he’s the QB.  If he’s the starter then he’s the face of the team, do we want that face in a mask because he won’t get vaccinated when the league is running pro vaccination campaigns every commercial break?  Do we want him infecting the entire QB room (even if they don’t develop symptoms) and we have to forfeit a game? 

But yeah, if there was any doubt, this should be the final nail in the coffin.

I like Cam and I think he could have a successful season here but he’s putting the team in a really bad spot here and not taking this seriously enough.

I like Cam, I really do, but I think he is going to lose his job at some point. He looked amazing last preseason game but he also looked good at the beginning of last season too. I don't think his body can take a full NFL season campaign anymore (which is now longer) and with a young, very talented, aspiring QB waiting on the wings it's just but a matter of time till the switch happens. At this point, all Cam has to do is get into another covid protocol disaster and its over for him, the guy has that kind of luck. 

Didn't get to see the game, but just stats browsing, looks like Cam crapped the bed a bit compared to MJ.  I'm starting to lean to an MJ start, or if Cam gets the nod the leash is extremely short, especially with 2 division games to lead off the season.

1 hour ago, SBLIII said:

Cam got the starter treatment but if we are 2-2 or 1-3 after Tampa, I see a change.

He definitely got the starter treatment. Its also important to note just how long Mac played last night. This is Cam's job week 1 for sure.