Madden 22

Anyone wanna talk about the new Madden coming out? No, didn't think so. Regardless of how annoyed I am regarding certain aspects of this game, I'll still be buying it and will enjoy an online franchise with my buddies. 

Here's some tidbits from EA CEO regarding the Madden cover:

EA Sports will reveal Madden NFL 22 "soon enough," and the cover might not be what you expect. EA CEO Andrew Wilson said the team at EA Sports is planning something "a little different" for the cover for Madden 22, but he wouldn't say more.

Asked directly by Bloomberg who would be on the cover for Madden 22, Wilson said, "Well, we're going to know soon enough. I reviewed it with the team just a few days ago. I can tell you they have more surprises afoot."

He added: "We're going to do something a little different with the cover this year. I won't say any more than that. Other than to say, I'm really proud of the work the team has done--both with the game, with the cover, and with the marketing that we're going to build around Madden."

42 minutes ago, bucsfan333 said:

So the big "upgrade" for Madden this year is... the cover?

z2CvR6.gif

Not sure where you are gathering that from. They've talked a lot of talk about franchise being a focus of theirs, one the majority of Madden fans hope they follow through on. I am cautiously optimistic but EA doesn't deserve the benefit of the doubt.  

37 minutes ago, RaidersAreOne said:

Not sure where you are gathering that from. They've talked a lot of talk about franchise being a focus of theirs, one the majority of Madden fans hope they follow through on. I am cautiously optimistic but EA doesn't deserve the benefit of the doubt.  

Talking a good game, but yeah gotta wait and see. I don’t buy them outright anymore…just wait for them to hit Play/GamepassUlt. So they’d really need to bring it for franchise mode to make me want to buy it at all.

No matter what they do this can’t be a one year thing. 

I'm like 45 episodes in to MrHurriicane's Texans rebuild series on YouTube at the minute (well worth a watch if you like that sort of thing), so I'm so keen for Madden now. 

Not a chance I'll be buying Madden 22 day one, but I am really intrigued to see what they do with franchise mode. It's next gen, we've had some big talk about franchise mode over the past year, show me something EA.

Also maybe I'm getting old, but the cover can be a blank sheet of A4 for all I care

• Like 2

16 hours ago, RaidersAreOne said:

I posted some stuff a few months back, but yes Franchise will reportedly receive core updates this year. Coordinators are coming to this game, not much else was shared

Edited by JBURGE

7 hours ago, JBURGE said:

I posted some stuff a few months back, but yes Franchise will reportedly receive core updates this year. Coordinators are coming to this game, not much else was shared

The coordinators looks like pure fluff from the screenshots they showed. Looks like just the scheme set up but with coordinators added to the screen. 

They need to make massive improvements to franchise mode for this to be a buyable game for a lot of people. 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, BayRaider said:

The coordinators looks like pure fluff from the screenshots they showed. Looks like just the scheme set up but with coordinators added to the screen. 

They need to make massive improvements to franchise mode for this to be a buyable game for a lot of people. 

I don't disagree. But it will still sell regardless

On 6/3/2021 at 5:57 PM, RaidersAreOne said:

They talked about franchise being a supposed focus several times over the years, most recently 2 years ago, and all they added of value was customizable draft classes.

This year we are probably getting expanded coaching staffs....but if the coaches still have zero impact on the game, its nothing more than window dressing.

Edited by 43M
  • Like 1

marketing that we're going to build around Madden."

Haha....yeah, there is a reason why you barely market the game until a month before it comes out....because you want as little time as possible for it to sink in how little the game has changed.   

I remember when they used to drop tidbits about production as early as March, and then we would start getting blogs right after the draft.

Now?   E3 we will likely get a pre rendered video they claim is actual gameplay, and a list of "upgrades" listed that arent really expanded upon...and when they finally are a month before release, you realize how shallow the "upgrades" are.

On 6/4/2021 at 5:49 AM, RJ_11 said:

I'm like 45 episodes in to MrHurriicane's Texans rebuild series on YouTube at the minute (well worth a watch if you like that sort of thing), so I'm so keen for Madden now. 

Not a chance I'll be buying Madden 22 day one, but I am really intrigued to see what they do with franchise mode. It's next gen, we've had some big talk about franchise mode over the past year, show me something EA.

Also maybe I'm getting old, but the cover can be a blank sheet of A4 for all I care

Hurriicane makes Madden seem more fun than it actually is.   Dont fall for it.

17 hours ago, 43M said:

Hurriicane makes Madden seem more fun than it actually is.   Dont fall for it.

Haha that's what I'm worried about too. Am I really keen to play some Madden? Or am I just really in to Hurriicane's latest series? Good thing is I've got like three months to see how I feel. 

I am kind of in the mood for a sports game this year, but I'll check out both FIFA and Madden to see which (if any) make significant changes on next gen.