Madden 22

10 hours ago, 43M said:

I just had to post this video since Ive been essentially say the same thing for years....

Yeah M13 was the downfall. M10 to M12 on PS3 were alright and heading in the right direction (although 11 was full of crazy bugs and glitches, had one guy in my league do the same hail marry glitch until I booted him, not to mention tons of other glitches. M11 is basically M10 broken). 

I enjoyed all the PS1 games. Enjoyed all the PS2 games. Enjoyed most of the PS3 games. (although a step down from PS2 for sure). 

Sucks what it has become. I’m not even a video game person but Madden use to be one of my main hobby’s when it was a fun game. 

• Like 2

On 7/12/2021 at 3:25 AM, BayRaider said:

Yeah M13 was the downfall. M10 to M12 on PS3 were alright and heading in the right direction (although 11 was full of crazy bugs and glitches, had one guy in my league do the same hail marry glitch until I booted him, not to mention tons of other glitches. M11 is basically M10 broken). 

I enjoyed all the PS1 games. Enjoyed all the PS2 games. Enjoyed most of the PS3 games. (although a step down from PS2 for sure). 

Sucks what it has become. I’m not even a video game person but Madden use to be one of my main hobby’s when it was a fun game. 

Totally agree. My first Madden was only 10, and I noticed the downward spiral starting with 13. CFM came so barebones and barely improved upon itself. 

4 hours ago, JBURGE said:

Totally agree. My first Madden was only 10, and I noticed the downward spiral starting with 13. CFM came so barebones and barely improved upon itself. 

And they have been building on 13 ever since. It’s still the same dumb RPG engine for Franchise. I don’t like the RPG stuff in a sports game. It’s dumb. 

On 7/13/2021 at 11:28 AM, BayRaider said:

And they have been building on 13 ever since. It’s still the same dumb RPG engine for Franchise.

Strong agree. I can manipulate every franchise loophole the same way I could five years ago. They change (almost) literally nothing in franchise mode from year to year 

I don’t like the RPG stuff in a sports game. It’s dumb. 

Strong disagree. If they fixed it, which would be easy to do, the franchise mode could be epic.

Just on the basic level:

(1) Salary cap is all messed up. QB contracts are so high they ruin the entire team. This is easy to manipulate by lowballing in free agency, though the same QB (or other top player) makes impossible salary demands when on the team.

(2) Trades are stupidly easy and the computer are idiots. One can sign free agents to no bonus and then trade for high picks. It's stupidly easy.

(3) Scouting and the draft are so easy to game. You can draft damn-near half the great players to one team every off-season.

(4) The weekly goals are boring. The media question stuff is dumb/boring. Did I mention it's the same every year?

(5) Weekly training is meh. They could do so much better. Most sim it, which says something.

(6) Getting coach achievements is boring and forgettable.

(7) There are no cool random storylines/events. This would be easy to do, but they just don't.

(8) The generic animations of faces have been the same for years. It's clear they are putting in no effort. Rookies look dumb and feel unimportant.

That's just off the top of my head. Franchise mode could be so much fun. Heck...I honestly believe I alone

could fix it if I had programmers following my directions. This game has no excuse for being so bad in franchise mode.

Fans love the draft, scouting, combine, intrigue/drama, holdouts, team chemistry and system working beautifully, interesting coaches, watching players break out and getting developed into stars etc. Franchise mode creates the ability to do all this, to have a continuity experience.

tl;dr Franchise mode is amazing; Madden franchise mode is balls.

Edited by NudeTayne
  • Like 2

13 hours ago, NudeTayne said:

Strong agree. I can manipulate every franchise loophole the same way I could five years ago. They change (almost) literally nothing in franchise mode from year to year 

Strong disagree. If they fixed it, which would be easy to do, the franchise mode could be epic.

Just on the basic level:

(1) Salary cap is all messed up. QB contracts are so high they ruin the entire team. This is easy to manipulate by lowballing in free agency, though the same QB (or other top player) makes impossible salary demands when on the team.

(2) Trades are stupidly easy and the computer are idiots. One can sign free agents to no bonus and then trade for high picks. It's stupidly easy.

(3) Scouting and the draft are so easy to game. You can draft damn-near half the great players to one team every off-season.

(4) The weekly goals are boring. The media question stuff is dumb/boring. Did I mention it's the same every year?

(5) Weekly training is meh. They could do so much better. Most sim it, which says something.

(6) Getting coach achievements is boring and forgettable.

(7) There are no cool random storylines/events. This would be easy to do, but they just don't.

(8) The generic animations of faces have been the same for years. It's clear they are putting in no effort. Rookies look dumb and feel unimportant.

That's just off the top of my head. Franchise mode could be so much fun. Heck...I honestly believe I alone

could fix it if I had programmers following my directions. This game has no excuse for being so bad in franchise mode.

Fans love the draft, scouting, combine, intrigue/drama, holdouts, team chemistry and system working beautifully, interesting coaches, watching players break out and getting developed into stars etc. Franchise mode creates the ability to do all this, to have a continuity experience.

tl;dr Franchise mode is amazing; Madden franchise mode is balls.

I think my issue with the scouting, which I hope is changed this year, is what you mentioned - you know by scouting them what their overall is going to be. I love the idea of having the projection of where they will be drafted, but I also love the idea of giving players ONE GRADE. This is difficult for the casual fans to understand, because they have had combine grades.

I think a decent solution is to have the projection on where they will go, and then instead of the Talent projection, having an arrow up or down based on where the talent related to that. That way you benefit from scouting and can pass on players that grade down, but if they grade up you don't know if they are grading from Mid 3rd to Mid 1st, you just know it's up. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, JBURGE said:

I think my issue with the scouting, which I hope is changed this year, is what you mentioned - you know by scouting them what their overall is going to be. I love the idea of having the projection of where they will be drafted, but I also love the idea of giving players ONE GRADE. This is difficult for the casual fans to understand, because they have had combine grades.

I think a decent solution is to have the projection on where they will go, and then instead of the Talent projection, having an arrow up or down based on where the talent related to that. That way you benefit from scouting and can pass on players that grade down, but if they grade up you don't know if they are grading from Mid 3rd to Mid 1st, you just know it's up. 

I'll bring you on to my team when I am given the reigns for Madden. There are so many cool things that could make that game better. That's what happens when a game is mostly mediocre.

3 hours ago, JBURGE said:

If they did scouting right, it would be nearly impossible to get an exact read on any given player.     Coaches and scouts should have a scouting accuracy grade that determines how efficient they are at scouting certain positions.  And it should be very difficult to become say...a master scout at any position.    

The draft is such a crapshoot....but they make it so easy to scout.  

IMO, franchise management itself should have difficulty settings.     Like, if you have it on easy, you can easily trade for almost any player, sign any FA with not much competition, and scouting is as easy as it is NOW.  

On normal, trades require realistic value and some players are untradeable, healthy competition in free agency BASED ON MORE THAN JUST MONEY, and scouting is largely dependent on how good your coaches and scouts are at certain positions.

They have a lot of work to do to improve draft logic.... not having a team draft a QB #1 when they already have a good QB isn't enough. Where are the trade ups for QBs? Where are the draft day trades PERIOD? 2k has had this for ages, even if some of them are terrible. 

Plus they said they fixed it last year and it was still a mess. Top QB lasting until the 2nd round? Ridiculous

Edited by JBURGE

4 hours ago, JBURGE said:

They have a lot of work to do to improve draft logic.... not having a team draft a QB #1 when they already have a good QB isn't enough. Where are the trade ups for QBs? Where are the draft day trades PERIOD? 2k has had this for ages, even if some of them are terrible. 

Plus they said they fixed it last year and it was still a mess. Top QB lasting until the 2nd round? Ridiculous

5 QBs with 1st round grades, first QB went off the board at #7. Second at #11 and I traded up for the 3rd at 20. They didn’t fix it because this draft class was a week ago.