Madden 22

Not sure if this was posted, but "The EA Play Trial will only be available to EA Play subscribers, and it will be released on August 12, 2021."

I have EA Play right now because I was trying out FIFA and NHL, so I'll give this a try on August 12th.

Michael Pierce signed with a different team last year, who run a different system than the Ravens, then sat out a full year for COVID and is still a 91 OVR, which is a higher OVR than the 87 OVR he finished 2019 with the Ravens.

So if you're looking for the ratings to make any sense, look elsewhere.

• Like 1

50 minutes ago, AFlaccoSeagulls said:

Michael Pierce signed with a different team last year, who run a different system than the Ravens, then sat out a full year for COVID and is still a 91 OVR, which is a higher OVR than the 87 OVR he finished 2019 with the Ravens.

So if you're looking for the ratings to make any sense, look elsewhere.

Donny Moore working behind the scenes still. 

21 minutes ago, BayRaider said:

Donny Moore working behind the scenes still. 

loathe that guy. Fun story: I actually got the chance to play him 1v1 back in like 2011 or something and the guy was horrible at the game. I put up like 50 points on him by halftime and he quit. We were in voice chat together and everything. Felt pretty good to take years' worth of frustration out on him with every cheese play I could think of.

2 hours ago, Heimdallr said:
21 hours ago, biggio7 said:

Best rating system was when the best player overall was only like a 95 with only a handful in the 90s. But, overalls really are meaningless now.

I love how FIFA does it. The best player in the world (also the GOAT) is a 93, and there are only 10 players 90+. Anyone above 85 is a world class superstar. 

See this is too far. What is the point of a 1-99 system if the GOAT in his prime isn't 99 (or 98 leaving room for improvement). 

Madden ratings suck but they should find some solid middlegroud. It's different with so many positions. I think Rodgers, Brady, Donald, etc in their prime can be 99, I have no issue with that. But the amount of players in the 90s is crazy. 

36 minutes ago, JBURGE said:

See this is too far. What is the point of a 1-99 system if the GOAT in his prime isn't 99 (or 98 leaving room for improvement). 

Madden ratings suck but they should find some solid middlegroud. It's different with so many positions. I think Rodgers, Brady, Donald, etc in their prime can be 99, I have no issue with that. But the amount of players in the 90s is crazy. 

Having any player at 99 means that NO player EVER will be better, which is just nonsensical. Athletes always improve across the board every generation. 

Sure Messi is the GOAT, but there is a decent chance that someone like Mbappe, Haaland, Fati, or Pedri could end up being even better. In another 10 years I'm sure there will be someone even better than them all.

Having Rodgers at 99 means that it is literally impossible that someone like Trevor Lawrence could ever be better, which is silly.

6 minutes ago, Heimdallr said:

Having any player at 99 means that NO player EVER will be better, which is just nonsensical. Athletes always improve across the board every generation. 

Sure Messi is the GOAT, but there is a decent chance that someone like Mbappe, Haaland, Fati, or Pedri could end up being even better. In another 10 years I'm sure there will be someone even better than them all.

Having Rodgers at 99 means that it is literally impossible that someone like Trevor Lawrence could ever be better, which is silly.

Says who, you? I disagree. If they are the best ever to this point, I think 99 is appropriate. See: Aaron Donald, NOT Travis Kelce or Davante Adams. It is expected that over time as technology increases that the skill level will increase.

With that logic, if we assume the NFL will be around for another 100 years (it won't of course) we may as well cap players at 75 now. 

I don't agree with their current rating system either I just think 93 for Messi is ridiculous

Edited by JBURGE

1 minute ago, JBURGE said:

Says who, you? I disagree. If they are the best ever to this point, I think 99 is appropriate. See: Aaron Donald, NOT Travis Kelce or Davante Adams. It is expected that over time as technology increases that the skill level will increase.

With that logic, if we assume the NFL will be around for another 100 years (it won't of course) we may as well cap players at 75 now. 

I don't agree with their current rating system either I just think 93 for Messi is ridiculous

A 99 player makes sense for standard rosters for playing single games, or for something like Ultimate Team, but I was just looking at it from a franchise perspective where players progress over time. 

If Donald is a 99, that means he can't improve. Or that nobody else can emerge and be better. Neither of those things make sense to me. 

15 minutes ago, Heimdallr said:

A 99 player makes sense for standard rosters for playing single games, or for something like Ultimate Team, but I was just looking at it from a franchise perspective where players progress over time. 

If Donald is a 99, that means he can't improve. Or that nobody else can emerge and be better. Neither of those things make sense to me. 

I don't disagree man. It is all subjective. I don't think Donald will improve, but I still think a 97ish is appropriate for him in dynasty format. 

4 hours ago, Heimdallr said:

Someone can emerge and be better, Donald would just drop from that 99 rating when it does.

6 hours ago, JBURGE said:

It also kinda wastes the whole 1-70ish.

I'd rather they use more than just the highest 30ish ratings for players.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, bucsfan333 said:

It also kinda wastes the whole 1-70ish.

I'd rather they use more than just the highest 30ish ratings for players.

Yeah but we know they will never do this. I'm sure there is verbiage in all the games contracts with their respective leagues in the range players can be. Like the nfl doesn't go under 50 basically (there are players in the 40s but they're irrelevant). 

11 hours ago, JBURGE said:

Yeah but we know they will never do this. I'm sure there is verbiage in all the games contracts with their respective leagues in the range players can be. Like the nfl doesn't go under 50 basically (there are players in the 40s but they're irrelevant). 

Certainly. I don't expect them to ever do it. But I think they should.

Would make playing against a QB like Mahomes considerably different than playing against Sam Darnold. Which is something I think everyone wants; make each game feel different.