Madden 22

45 minutes ago, MKnight82 said:

Preordered the game last night.  You guys saying to boycott are being ridiculous. 

I mean its very clear that EA has been sitting on their laurels with Madden for about a decade now since they have exclusive rights. Fans of the franchise have every right to be upset, but Im not going to tell somebody to not spend their money on it.

Its mind boggling how you release a new game every year and the gameplay rarely ever changes all you do is screw with the menus and game modes year after year.

They also ruined the best thing the game ever had going for it (MUT) by making it pay to win.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, AFlaccoSeagulls said:

If you don't want to give $70 for the game, just use EA Origin or EA Play or whatever you have and play it on there. That's what I do. $15/Month for lots of other games (primarily Battlefield for me) also gets me Madden without me shelling out $70 each year for a game I play for maybe 2 months.

Also, from what I've seen of this game so far it's just a re-hash of last year's game. Nothing looks different at all. Not to mention PC players don't even get access to the game until it comes out, while everyone else gets early release, and PC doesn't have next-gen features either. 

Shocking. You could copy/paste that every year since 2010.

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, MKnight82 said:

Because its still the best sports game on the market and they have made a significant effort to improve franchise mode this year.

That doesn't mean it's a good game or a good thing (I don't think it's a consensus that the bolded is true either). As to your latter comment, we'll see what they actually did to "improve" it.

I am curious, especially because I would love to try football out on PS5, but it would probably be how a lot of others are saying they are doing it - secondary market. That said, I haven't really played it since Madden 19. My guess is that I do take the plunge this year. 

2 minutes ago, MikeT14 said:

That doesn't mean it's a good game or a good thing

It is a good game though (at least 21 was, I haven't played 22).

3 minutes ago, MikeT14 said:

I don't think it's a consensus that the bolded is true either

There isn't a better sports franchise out there. NCAA is gone. NBA 2k has WAY more problems than Madden. NHL is boring. Soccer is boring. There are in depth sports simulators out there but none of them let you play the games in the way Madden does so it isn't comparable. Also for most Americans playing Football is just more enjoyable than other sports. 

5 minutes ago, MikeT14 said:

I am curious, especially because I would love to try football out on PS5, but it would probably be how a lot of others are saying they are doing it - secondary market. That said, I haven't really played it since Madden 19. My guess is that I do take the plunge this year. 

I understand people who say they aren't going to buy the game every year because there isn't enough difference year to year to justify the cost.  But people who are saying the game is garbage are just flat out overreacting.  It is not a garbage game.  It has the best franchise mode in all sports games out there and supposedly there are significant improvements coming for that mode as well.  

18 minutes ago, MKnight82 said:

Because its still the best sports game on the market and they have made a significant effort to improve franchise mode this year.

This is why I am planning on buying.  It's the first year, since the dreaded move to CFM, that they have seemingly put effort into franchise mode.  That's exactly what I want, moving forward, so I'm going to support it now.  It'll be my first time buying directly since '15/'16 (whichever one had Odell on the cover.) 

Trial is out on EA Play, right now.  I have it downloading, but haven't gotten to play yet.

35 minutes ago, MKnight82 said:

Depends on who you ask, I suppose.

There isn't a better sports franchise out there.

Again, maybe. I actually like FIFA and The Show more than I have Madden recently a decent amount even though they suffer from the same types of issues. 

NCAA is gone.

Hopefully this is the last year you say that. 

NBA 2k has WAY more problems than Madden.

Yes.

NHL is boring.

Yes.

Soccer is boring.

Lost me there. 

There are in depth sports simulators out there but none of them let you play the games in the way Madden does so it isn't comparable. Also for most Americans playing Football is just more enjoyable than other sports. 

I agree.

I understand people who say they aren't going to buy the game every year because there isn't enough difference year to year to justify the cost.  But people who are saying the game is garbage are just flat out overreacting.  It is not a garbage game.  It has the best franchise mode in all sports games out there and supposedly there are significant improvements coming for that mode as well.  

It's not garbage. It's just EA. And that can be a problem sometimes. 

1 hour ago, MKnight82 said:

I'd definitely put the show above it but obviously that does require that you enjoy baseball games, you'll never catch me watching baseball but I like playing the video games (same with golf and soccer)

3 minutes ago, rob_shadows said:

I'd definitely put the show above it but obviously that does require that you enjoy baseball games, you'll never catch me watching baseball but I like playing the video games (same with golf and soccer)

The Show doesn’t have online franchise mode.

I agree Madden isn't garbage but MyLeague is wayyyy better than Franchise Mode (at least for the Maddens before 22, haven't tried it out yet).  While 2K doesn't have the best sim stats, they are much better than Madden's.  Madden's poor stats alone take the immersion out of franchise mode for me. 

• Like 3

18 minutes ago, iknowcool said:

I agree Madden isn't garbage but MyLeague is wayyyy better than Franchise Mode (at least for the Maddens before 22, haven't tried it out yet).  While 2K doesn't have the best sim stats, they are much better than Madden's.  Madden's poor stats alone take the immersion out of franchise mode for me. 

Its not the modes, its the gameplay. They really could use a shakeup in the gameplay because it has all looked the same over the course of 10 years. They change game modes for the better and make for a lot of different ways to play, but the end result is still playing the same system over and over and over.

Remember how big it changed the actual gameplay when they put the Hitstick and Truckstick into the game? It added a completely different dimension. Or maybe back in the 2000s where each player had a icon below them on the field if they were a big hitter,smart player, had good hands, ect. They brought that back in 2020 to a degree so that was nice. Back in 2006 they even had the QB Vision is you remember that? Nearly everything that made the gameplay unique from the 2000s is gone.

Maybe changing the way you catch the ball instead of just pressing a button. Maybe on contested catches the game goes in slow mo and you have to hit a button combo to haul it in.

Something, anything. The possibilities to change the gameplay are endless they just have to do it.

Edited by AkronsWitness

7 hours ago, AFlaccoSeagulls said:

If you don't want to give $70 for the game, just use EA Origin or EA Play or whatever you have and play it on there. That's what I do. $15/Month for lots of other games (primarily Battlefield for me) also gets me Madden without me shelling out $70 each year for a game I play for maybe 2 months.

Also, from what I've seen of this game so far it's just a re-hash of last year's game. Nothing looks different at all. Not to mention PC players don't even get access to the game until it comes out, while everyone else gets early release, and PC doesn't have next-gen features either. 

It is a pure rehash of last year. As always. That is why EA stopped showing ANY gameplay footage until game is released. They started that like four years ago. 

7 hours ago, MKnight82 said:

There isn't a better sports franchise out there. NCAA is gone. NBA 2k has WAY more problems than Madden. NHL is boring. Soccer is boring. There are in depth sports simulators out there but none of them let you play the games in the way Madden does so it isn't comparable. Also for most Americans playing Football is just more enjoyable than other sports. 

Stating this as a fact is pretty ridiculous. This is an extremely unpopular take, whether you go on Social Media, Forums, or any online community. Madden's Franchise Mode is pure trash. MyLeague and The Show's Franchise are miles better (although also not good). MyLeague may have bad sim stats but the customizations options are phenomenal. And Madden's Sim Stats are even worse, and have been horrendous for a very long time. Not to mention it BY FAR has the worst Presentation inside Franchise of any sports game by a country mile. You would think in a Franchise Mode, they would work on Presentation. The sad thing is, EA has never been Presentation heavy in ANY of their sports games in their 30+ years. They don't care for presentation like other sports games do. 

- Madden offers zero customization like NBA 2K and The Show do

- Madden's Presentation inside their Franchise Mode has always been the worst of any sports game. Takes all realism and immersion completely out of it. 

- Madden's Sim Stats are also horrendous, just like NBA 2K. You will never get a good experience, even with sliders. 

- Progression/Regression system has been broken for years. 

- The Menus and Overall Immersion Experience on the Franchise Homepage are extremely lackluster and make the entire mode feel boring, flat, and lifeless. 

Edited by BayRaider
  • Like 1