Madden 22

2 hours ago, RJ_11 said:

Haha that's what I'm worried about too. Am I really keen to play some Madden? Or am I just really in to Hurriicane's latest series? Good thing is I've got like three months to see how I feel. 

I am kind of in the mood for a sports game this year, but I'll check out both FIFA and Madden to see which (if any) make significant changes on next gen.

Hurriicane is actually the one who made me buy Madden 25 several years ago.   He made the game look so much better than it was.

The gameplay is what it is, but franchise is where he makes it seem less broken.   He does acknowledge on a pretty regular basis how flawed franchise mode is, but for the sake of his channel, he does a great job of highlighting the good things.   When he plays it, Im not as aware of how little coaches matter or how broken trade and free agent logic is.      When I play it....it only takes one season for me to get annoyed to the point where I cant play it anymore.     

He has made me jump back into Madden more times than I can remember, but I think Ive finally gotten to a point where it doesnt work anymore.      

Unless Madden gets a complete overhaul or we get a new NFL or NCAA college game....I might be done with videogame football.       Such a shame how much EA has destroyed my love for the genre.  

• Like 1

On 6/6/2021 at 10:12 AM, 43M said:

Haha....yeah, there is a reason why you barely market the game until a month before it comes out....because you want as little time as possible for it to sink in how little the game has changed.   

I remember when they used to drop tidbits about production as early as March, and then we would start getting blogs right after the draft.

Now?   E3 we will likely get a pre rendered video they claim is actual gameplay, and a list of "upgrades" listed that arent really expanded upon...and when they finally are a month before release, you realize how shallow the "upgrades" are.

I remember that one Madden that had a super realistic game of Philly vs New England and McNabb is about to go in to score and win the Superbowl.

The game was nothing like it was advertised.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, SteelKing728 said:

I remember that one Madden that had a super realistic game of Philly vs New England and McNabb is about to go in to score and win the Superbowl.

The game was nothing like it was advertised.

That was the first video for next gen PS3/360.   

It just annoys me how they arent held accountable because they have a steady fanbase of people who buy the game no matter what, regardless of how little the game has changed.    No one gets away with this **** like EA.

• Like 1

I successfully never bought madden 21, first madden I held out from (in my defense I’ve been absolutely smashing gash since madden 21 came out so who gives af) since madden 05 lol and I’m wondering if 22 will be the same story. Idc about football games anymore which kinda sucks. It would have to take a lot or just me being drunk one night for me to buy it. I’m actually very impulsive with everything so I don’t quite trust myself. I trust myself not to buy 21 but idk if I’ll last two years. Maybe I’m done with sports games altogether. Idk. I really dk 

• Like 4

I bought Madden 21 around the time when the PS5 version came out, so I think that was sometime in December. I got it for around $29, and that was a good deal. Outside of that, I haven't bought Madden since 18 or 19, I believe.

I'm probably going to end up getting this at launch. I'm hoping for some fresh game play stuff. I only play the game online, so I personally don't care about franchise mode or any offline game modes. Might even try MUT this year, but I probably won't play it for very long.

15 hours ago, Ty21 said:

Maybe I’m done with sports games altogether. Idk. I really dk 

This is close to how I feel.

Sports games in general have tanked, in large part due to online modes like MUT and microtransactions.    Not that there is anything necessarily with Ultimate Team type modes, per se, but they have basically allowed developers like EA and 2K to phone it in because they know they have a steady base of customers who will buy the game no matter what, just because it has the major sports leagues to pull in sales for them.

I really really miss the days where we used to see several NFL and MLB games every year.    Now, not only does EA and 2K have a monopoly on NFL and NBA games, they essentially have a monopoly on football and basketball games.

So barring something crazy (like EA losing the exclusive SIM license or actually creating a fun franchise mode), I dont know if I will ever return to sports games.

• Like 1

I'm happy that days of Madden being the ONLY football game on market are ending with NCAA coming back and the games 2K plan on making. I doubt it will reach the glory days on the late 90s to mid-00's, but at least we'll have some options for the 1st time since 2012? that's nearly a decade of just madden..ew

Edited by August4th

The odds of me buying Madden 22 correlate with my ability to purchase a PS5 from my local Target/Walmart/GameStop in store. I’ve attempted to get in on these chases when restocks pop up and have literally been turned away because they aren’t available to ship to my local store. I’m done with that crap. Approx. two months away. 

• Like 1

On 6/8/2021 at 10:12 PM, Ty21 said:

I successfully never bought madden 21, first madden I held out from (in my defense I’ve been absolutely smashing gash since madden 21 came out so who gives af) since madden 05 lol and I’m wondering if 22 will be the same story. Idc about football games anymore which kinda sucks. It would have to take a lot or just me being drunk one night for me to buy it. I’m actually very impulsive with everything so I don’t quite trust myself. I trust myself not to buy 21 but idk if I’ll last two years. Maybe I’m done with sports games altogether. Idk. I really dk 

Less gash-smashing, more Tank-Bawsing!

• Like 2

8 hours ago, Wyld Stallyns said:

The odds of me buying Madden 22 correlate with my ability to purchase a PS5 from my local Target/Walmart/GameStop in store. I’ve attempted to get in on these chases when restocks pop up and have literally been turned away because they aren’t available to ship to my local store. I’m done with that crap. Approx. two months away. 

I just went the route of having a buddy who works at a best buy hold one to the side for me for $50. Total spent was $600 after taxes and everything. I'd recommend trying the same.

1 hour ago, scar988 said:

I just went the route of having a buddy who works at a best buy hold one to the side for me for $50. Total spent was $600 after taxes and everything. I'd recommend trying the same.

This route requires having friends

• Like 6

4 hours ago, scar988 said:

I know a guy who works at a Best Buy but it would be awkward reaching out after not talking for a couple years and asking this favor