Madden 22

13 minutes ago, MKnight82 said:

Lol 2k is not better.

Name 5 things Madden does better then NBA 2K?

For 2K:

Relocation customization is literally not remotely close

The player customization is light years better

The ability for any player to play any of their games at any time rather then having to wait for advances of weeks

The menus - there is a vast amount of detail in the franchise menus

Slider customization is far more detailed, you could get realistic stats if you tinkered slightly

Again though, do I like football more, absolutely.  But, I have fun on 2K as well and it'd be nice if Maddens franchise had some of the above.  I mean we've had the same relocation cities/names/uniforms for what 5 years?  Seems like such a easily fixable issue, since TONS of users make uniforms and what not to add to 2K games.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, OkeyDoke21 said:

You can work around the resigning of your rookie deal players in 2k by just not offering them a long term contract, and matching whatever they get.  Not ideal, but not game breaking.  You can always add that extra year, if you want.  They should have the option to resign them during/after the free agency period, as soon as you pick up their second option, just before you advance to the new season, but they don't for some reason.   That's how they had in the 16-19 window of games.

And honestly, there is a work around for all this as well.  As commissioner, you can go in and edit their contract to have an market valued extension.   You can see the amount they are expecting in the resign screen and edit that into their current contract.  So, honestly, this is a non issue.  Saying that though, they should have just included it in the game as an option.

24 minutes ago, Flatlyner said:

Name 5 things Madden does better then NBA 2K?

1. Football is better than basketball. 

2. Madden's servers are way better than 2ks. 

3. Player progression in Madden actually makes sense.  Player progression in 2k is random and often makes no sense. 

4. 2k draft classes do not add enough talent into the league to keep the league running 10 years deep.  Once the current players retire the whole league suffers from lack of talent. Madden's isn't perfect but its much better at keeping talent up than 2k. 

5. You can actually sign your rookies to contract extensions in Madden. 

6. Bayless is better than Fuller. 

3 hours ago, MKnight82 said:

3. Player progression in Madden actually makes sense.  Player progression in 2k is random and often makes no sense. 

4. 2k draft classes do not add enough talent into the league to keep the league running 10 years deep.  Once the current players retire the whole league suffers from lack of talent. Madden's isn't perfect but its much better at keeping talent up than 2k. 

1. Agree, as stated

2. I guess I'd agree?  This might pertain to you more though, since your still using dial up.  I don't have issues.

3. I suppose this is correct.

4. I haven't seen this first hand yet, but, some of the drafted guys in our league are legit superstars, so they have progressed.

5. Undeniable.  However, with the work around, its essentially the same but more steps.  Also, sometimes the madden players will refuse to sign with you.

6. Bayless was the top rated player in the class.  He should be better.  Vipers better then Express however.  How many rings does the great Bayless have?

Edited by Flatlyner

59 minutes ago, Flatlyner said:

1. Agree, as stated

2. I guess I'd agree?  This might pertain to you more though, since your still using dial up.  I don't have issues.

3. I suppose this is correct.

4. I haven't seen this first hand yet, but, some of the drafted guys in our league are legit superstars, so they have progressed.

5. Undeniable.  However, with the work around, its essentially the same but more steps.  Also, sometimes the madden players will refuse to sign with you.

6. Bayless was the top rated player in the class.  He should be better.  Vipers better then Express however.  How many rings does the great Bayless have?

How dare thee besmirch Bayless name!

• Like 1

Play selection screen on PS5 is going to take some getting used to 

basically instead of begin: 

Triangle play on top 

Square play in middle 

X play on bottom 

or up, left, down 

As it was for Madden 21 

it’s now 

Square play is on the left , X play is on the center , Triangle play is on the right 

left is left side , down is center and up is right side 

For Madden 22 

also my brain is immediately pressing square for the middle play and I need to unlearn that 

On 8/13/2021 at 2:33 PM, MKnight82 said:

No offense MK, you are obviously free to enjoy Madden as much as you possibly can...but I find it funny how so much of your defense of Madden often boils down to how much 2K and other sports games suck, rather than the actual "quality" of Madden.

In fact, that should be EAs new slogan....

"E...A...SPORTS...it could be worse."

• Like 1

4 hours ago, showtime said:

How's everyone liking the early access? I watched a video on face/hair scans and it looks insane how much improved they are. I'm downloading the early access right now.

Kind of irritated because I was supposed to get 10 hours early access and I settled for 45 min, 

I can't get early access because I'm on PC, and we were exclusively left out of early access.

But from what I've watched so far from a top madden competitive player, the game is just as stupid as previous years. Dudes just running the same plays over and over without any thought or scheme or game plan.

It actually makes me want to invest time into becoming a Madden streamer and actually playing the damn game, because this stuff is boring AF to watch when guys keep running cover 4 and the adjustment is "Well maybe if I run 4 verts again it will work this time!"

48 minutes ago, AFlaccoSeagulls said:

I can't get early access because I'm on PC, and we were exclusively left out of early access.

But from what I've watched so far from a top madden competitive player, the game is just as stupid as previous years. Dudes just running the same plays over and over without any thought or scheme or game plan.

It actually makes me want to invest time into becoming a Madden streamer and actually playing the damn game, because this stuff is boring AF to watch when guys keep running cover 4 and the adjustment is "Well maybe if I run 4 verts again it will work this time!"

This is an issue in all types of games. Top competitive players quickly figure out the best stuff in the game, it gets posted on Twitch/YouTube and everyone does the same stuff because it's the most efficient way to play the game.

For example: New expansion comes out in Hearthstone. Pros figure out the best 30 card deck and play on Twitch/YouTube. Everyone sees the best deck. Everyone makes that same exact 30 card deck.