Madden 22

Interesting couple of tweets and this video from Eric Rayweather 

Something is going to drop on Tuesday August 31. Eric points out in the video that over the last couple of years EA has dropped a couple new game modes right when the season starts to try to bump up interest in the game, The Yard, for example  was one of those modes. 

So I bought this game on my PS5.  I know, I know, I suck.

With that said, having played this game on the Xbox One (trial), PC ("free" through EA Play Pro), and PS5, you 100% can't even compare the games.  The PS5/next-gen version feels sooooo much better.  The momentum and home-field advantage stuff isn't perfect but it adds an entirely new element to gameplay that hasn't been there in a long-time.  Players movement feels a lot smoother too.  I'm actually really enjoying playing online and MUT.  I haven't went into franchise mode yet or really tested out how the game plays when you are going up against computer, but I've always kind of preferred Madden for the head-to-head play anyway.

5-2 so far.  I kind of want to test myself and see how good of a record I can finish this Madden with, its been awhile since I really went hard in online play (on Madden).

So Sports Gamers Online YT posted a video that is currently streaming live. In it they mention, a now deleted tweet from Reggie Bush, where he discussed a new Campus Mode. Apparently you can play with former NFL players in their college uniforms (ie Bush and Leinert with USC)

More new modes to distract from the lack of improvements to current game modes 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Wyld Stallyns said:

So Sports Gamers Online YT posted a video that is currently streaming live. In it they mention, a now deleted tweet from Reggie Bush, where he discussed a new Campus Mode. Apparently you can play with former NFL players in their college uniforms (ie Bush and Leinert with USC)

More new modes to distract from the lack of improvements to current game modes 

This sounds like the worst mode ever and purely added because of bad sales and bad reviews. 

20 hours ago, BayRaider said:

This sounds like the worst mode ever and purely added because of bad sales and bad reviews. 

I played longshot the first year they did it and wasn’t impressed. I haven’t played yard, or face of the franchise and I only really get into MUT for a little bit every year. Probably not going to try this one either 

On 8/30/2021 at 12:46 AM, iknowcool said:

So I bought this game on my PS5.  I know, I know, I suck.

With that said, having played this game on the Xbox One (trial), PC ("free" through EA Play Pro), and PS5, you 100% can't even compare the games.  The PS5/next-gen version feels sooooo much better.  The momentum and home-field advantage stuff isn't perfect but it adds an entirely new element to gameplay that hasn't been there in a long-time.  Players movement feels a lot smoother too.  I'm actually really enjoying playing online and MUT.  I haven't went into franchise mode yet or really tested out how the game plays when you are going up against computer, but I've always kind of preferred Madden for the head-to-head play anyway.

5-2 so far.  I kind of want to test myself and see how good of a record I can finish this Madden with, its been awhile since I really went hard in online play (on Madden).

Since your playing online--is there still that little tiny bit of lag or is it smoothed out? In previous versions (depending on internet speed) there was a bit of a delay in everything online and it was crazy annoying.

6 hours ago, Wyld Stallyns said:

I played longshot the first year they did it and wasn’t impressed. I haven’t played yard, or face of the franchise and I only really get into MUT for a little bit every year. Probably not going to try this one either 

Thats because MUT and online h2h are the only 2 games modes worth a ****

I might spend the $60 on this just so I can play MUT for 2 weeks lol

Edited by AkronsWitness

2 hours ago, AkronsWitness said:

Since your playing online--is there still that little tiny bit of lag or is it smoothed out? In previous versions (depending on internet speed) there was a bit of a delay in everything online and it was crazy annoying.

Kinda hard to say.  I haven't been experiencing any lag on my PS5, but I also have Google Fiber.  However on my Xbox One I did experience some lag during the trial, but my Xbox is also old and beat up and kind of runs everything slow/laggy.  

10 hours ago, MikeT14 said:

lol Offline Franchise is broken. There's a glitch that gives you an L after the game even if you win. 

Yep, Offline Franchise is completely unplayable. 

EA won’t fix it and says use the cloud, yet you can’t do 32 Team Control on the cloud. One max character per account. No point in Franchise without control of all teams for me. 

EA didn’t fix franchise mode this year. They spit in everyone’s face and you can’t even play it. 

2 hours ago, BayRaider said:

EA won’t fix it and says use the cloud, yet you can’t do 32 Team Control on the cloud. One max character per account. No point in Franchise without control of all teams for me. 

EA didn’t fix franchise mode this year. They spit in everyone’s face and you can’t even play it. 

Cloud Franchise isn’t any better.

My custom coach was fired after loss #9 for the Broncos where I set a goal of 4 wins. Cloud Franchise with Coach firing turned off.

Also YouTuber Bengal had his custom coach fired after his 9th loss for the Lions. He also had coach firing turned off.  

• Like 1

11 hours ago, BayRaider said:

Why the **** do you control every team lol. You have attention now.