Madden 22

3 hours ago, BayRaider said:

Because CPU logic is still horrendous in the draft and free agency. So I do it for all teams. Plus I like to watch every playoff game as CPU vs CPU. 

You have 10x the patience that I do. Watching sims is a riot though. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, BayRaider said:

Because CPU logic is still horrendous in the draft and free agency. So I do it for all teams. Plus I like to watch every playoff game as CPU vs CPU. 

I do this in 2K. Except every team and draft class is created by me. It makes it way more fun.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Norm said:

You have 10x the patience that I do. Watching sims is a riot though. 

This is where I am too.

I USED to do the same thing @BayRaider does....but eventually I found myself way too annoyed with the fact that I had to put SOOOOO much extra work into making the game feel somewhat realistic.    Simulating and resimulating games dozens of times to get semi realistic results.  Resigning every teams free agents so they didnt make stupid moves.  Doing every teams first 3 rounds of a draft so a team that drafted a QB in the top 5 the PREVIOUS year didnt draft a QB in the top 5 again.....and maybe another in the 3rd round...

Ugh...yeah, couldn't do that anymore.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, 43M said:

This is where I am too.

I USED to do the same thing @BayRaider does....but eventually I found myself way too annoyed with the fact that I had to put SOOOOO much extra work into making the game feel somewhat realistic.    Simulating and resimulating games dozens of times to get semi realistic results.  Resigning every teams free agents so they didnt make stupid moves.  Doing every teams first 3 rounds of a draft so a team that drafted a QB in the top 5 the PREVIOUS year didnt draft a QB in the top 5 again.....and maybe another in the 3rd round...

Ugh...yeah, couldn't do that anymore.

Well now you don't have to worry about it cause EA basically told Offline Franchise Players to f off and play cloud. 

2 minutes ago, BayRaider said:

Well now you don't have to worry about it cause EA basically told Offline Franchise Players to f off and play cloud. 

Ehh....doesn't affect me.    I have zero intention of ever spending another penny on Madden.

If I need a quick football fix Ill play either M12 or 18, get sick of it before I get through one season, and move on.

Its sad I actually get more enjoyment WATCHING someone play Madden than actually playing it.    Mr Hurriicane on YouTube makes it looks so fun sometimes, but I know its all a facade.  😡

Got the game today.  Some impressions:

- Started an offline franchise (ps4) and immediately after starting it my franchise menu didn’t load.  Had to restart my system and then it loaded fine.

- They don’t even have the draft picks correct.  The bears traded their ‘22 first round pick and some change to move up for fields.  However, Madden still has them with their ‘22 first.  That’s just some laziness there.

-  The lack of rookie pictures is killing me.  I get in the past later round guys wouldn’t always have pictures, but ALL of them?  I know, COVID and all.  But they couldn’t use the photos their team takes of them?  Hell, I’d be fine if they just had the rookies take a selfie and send it in to EA at this point.

-  Haven’t gotten to play an actual game yet because it’s taking FOREVER to load.  Wtf??

- I like that i can hire/fire coordinators.  Cool.

- I like the option to create/edit uniforms, but i haven’t actually tried that yet so idk if that’s actually worthwhile or not. But i saw the option so that’s cool that they at least thought of it.

- I REALLY miss the soundtrack of Madden 04.  It would be nice if they got the rights to a wide array of artists/genres and then let the user choose which genre they want their soundtrack to be/customize a playlist.   But of course, $$$$, so that’ll never happen.  For all the rap songs they have when you’re not playing a game, i do recall hearing  “high hopes” by PATD in the stadium during some games.

-  Haven’t gotten to play an actual game yet because it’s taking FOREVER to load.  I realize this was my third bullet point on this post, but it still hasn’t completed since I’ve written this post.  Probably gonna have to restart my system (ps4).

• Like 1

14 hours ago, CBears019 said:

Got the game today.  Some impressions:

- Started an offline franchise (ps4) and immediately after starting it my franchise menu didn’t load.  Had to restart my system and then it loaded fine.

- They don’t even have the draft picks correct.  The bears traded their ‘22 first round pick and some change to move up for fields.  However, Madden still has them with their ‘22 first.  That’s just some laziness there.

-  The lack of rookie pictures is killing me.  I get in the past later round guys wouldn’t always have pictures, but ALL of them?  I know, COVID and all.  But they couldn’t use the photos their team takes of them?  Hell, I’d be fine if they just had the rookies take a selfie and send it in to EA at this point.

-  Haven’t gotten to play an actual game yet because it’s taking FOREVER to load.  Wtf??

- I like that i can hire/fire coordinators.  Cool.

- I like the option to create/edit uniforms, but i haven’t actually tried that yet so idk if that’s actually worthwhile or not. But i saw the option so that’s cool that they at least thought of it.

- I REALLY miss the soundtrack of Madden 04.  It would be nice if they got the rights to a wide array of artists/genres and then let the user choose which genre they want their soundtrack to be/customize a playlist.   But of course, $$$$, so that’ll never happen.  For all the rap songs they have when you’re not playing a game, i do recall hearing  “high hopes” by PATD in the stadium during some games.

-  Haven’t gotten to play an actual game yet because it’s taking FOREVER to load.  I realize this was my third bullet point on this post, but it still hasn’t completed since I’ve written this post.  Probably gonna have to restart my system (ps4).

I remember last year seeing draft picks messed up (Madden 21 PS4) before the initial roster update following the final 53 cut down. After that when I started franchises they were correct.

The only thing I can say for the soundtrack is you can go through the soundtrack and uncheck the most annoying songs so you only have to listen to the least annoying songs. (Will be less variety then you started with, if possible) 

4 hours ago, Wyld Stallyns said:

The only thing I can say for the soundtrack is you can go through the soundtrack and uncheck the most annoying songs so you only have to listen to the least annoying songs. (Will be less variety then you started with, if possible) 

I generally mute the music and play spotify in the background. 

• Like 3

I ultimately decided not to buy this. It's not because it's a bad game, but when I played the 10 hour trail through EA Play, I just don't have fun playing Madden anymore. I used to be really into online ranked matches, but I tried that in the trail and just couldn't get into it. I just find myself playing sports games in general less and less as the years go on. I'll still keep up with the game and the NCAA limited time stuff looks cool.

• Like 1