Madden 22

2 hours ago, BayRaider said:

All sports games should be a subscription service with updated rosters and access to online play. With an actual new installment every 3-4 years. 

However, I don’t think that’s EA’s primary problem. The two problems are no competition and Ultimate Team. IMO the game went downhill about 2-3 years after exclusive rights. And went massively downhill after Ultimate Team was introduced I think in M13 was it? The last “ok” franchise mode was M12 and last great franchise mode was PS2 days like Madden 08. The last “ok” gameplay was also M12. The frostbyte engine is just utterly horrible. Why they have stuck with it this long, I just have no idea. 

I was about to say the same thing. Their movement mechanics are beyond old and broken. Its their subborness in refusing to go away from a pre-determined animation based game thats holding them back. They could put a few developers on a truly 'next gen' mechanics experience for 2023, while the majority focus on this years game if time is really of the essence. 

Its ridiculous that in 8 years they have never altered the actual gameplay experience from the frostbite engine. Thats just lazy. Ive never designed a game before but you cant tell me updating the rosters and tweaking a few game modes takes longer than a few months.

They do so little to the game on a yearly basis I have a hard time beliving it took them a full calander year to put together. 

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, AkronsWitness said:

I was about to say the same thing. Their movement mechanics are beyond old and broken. Its their subborness in refusing to go away from a pre-determined animation based game thats holding them back. They could put a few developers on a truly 'next gen' mechanics experience for 2023, while the majority focus on this years game if time is really of the essence. 

Its ridiculous that in 8 years they have never altered the actual gameplay experience from the frostbite engine. Thats just lazy. Ive never designed a game before but you cant tell me updating the rosters and tweaking a few game modes takes longer than a few months.

They do so little to the game on a yearly basis I have a hard time beliving it took them a full calander year to put together. 

Pre determined animation engine just screams Mobile Game. 

12 minutes ago, BayRaider said:

Pre determined animation engine just screams Mobile Game. 

Yeah, which is why Maddens gameplay menchanics have aged horribly. The current mechanics of Madden was designed for the Frostbite engine which is 13 years old. They are trying to run gameplay mechanics for a sports game using the same template they introduced with the 'next gen' Xbox1/PS4 in 2012!

Edited by AkronsWitness

On 9/9/2021 at 6:37 PM, hornbybrown said:

I meant did it get the same features as the ps5 version?

From my understanding the main difference between current gen and next gen is the “next gen stats” in game (yards after contact on a running play, total yards traveled on a pass etc.) Mostly online franchises will have more bells and whistles compared to off line franchises regardless of system. 

Has there not been a roster update? Usually it’s every Wednesday every year but I haven’t gotten anything and can’t find anything online. 

It’s nice to see everyone here is tired of this game too. I have it for ps5 and it’s a small improvement but.. a long way to go after playing 2k22 The other day. Really hope they get it together now that other football games are coming out. 

11 minutes ago, Outpost31 said:

You can see SOME improvements to franchise mode at least.

Not in gameplay, but in overall Franchise experience.

Progress is better than regression at least.

Hows the MUT mode? Somebody told me that 2k did something to help the 'pay to win' players not get in the way of the grinders. Wonder if EA did anything similar?

I am extremely on the fence right now about getting it. I want it, but I know its going to be bad......but I still want it.

Its fooball season, I just want to play a football game but I know the one thats out there sucks. So what do I do lol

Edited by AkronsWitness