Madden 22

4 hours ago, 43M said:

I thought I heard that somewhere.

Problem is, he doesn't have any say of what goes into the game.   Numerous people over the years such as Ian Cummings have stated that they left EA because they basically handcuffed them from improving the game much.   I feel like we would hear alot more stories like this if not for all the NDAs EA makes their employees sign.

Andre Weingarten aka Moonlight Swami was hired by EA and hidden on the ratings team until the #FixFranchise debacle happened and now they made him the face of the “new franchise mode” team.  I don’t doubt that Swami is aware of who DeuceDouglas is but does he have the pull to get anything done or is he a figurehead with no say. I’m not holding my breath that they do the right thing though. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Wyld Stallyns said:

Andre Weingarten aka Moonlight Swami was hired by EA and hidden on the ratings team until the #FixFranchise debacle happened and now they made him the face of the “new franchise mode” team.  I don’t doubt that Swami is aware of who DeuceDouglas is but does he have the pull to get anything done or is he a figurehead with no say. I’m not holding my breath that they do the right thing though. 

Deuce was involved in the pre release podcasts they were doing around franchise mode.  He made some comments about how it is much harder to implement his changes, and make them work as intended, than he had anticipated.  The player retiring mid season and the coach fire bug that people are complaining about are part of his influence.  I'd imagine he has pretty decent pull if they're willing to put him out front and center like that, and let him talk on a mic for a few hours.

Idk if I heard before and forgot but I read about 2K’s deal with the nfl to make arcade style games. I vaguely understand what this means but don’t understand what it looks like on current gen systems. I’m familiar with all old school arcade games, side scrollers, what have you but what is this going to be? I don’t actually get what the approach looks like and what differentiates their arcade game from a traditional simulation style. 

Regardless of if it is a waste of time or not, it gets their foot in the door in maybe eventually ending simulation exclusivity bs by EA and we see a real competition. 

11 hours ago, Ty21 said:

Idk if I heard before and forgot but I read about 2K’s deal with the nfl to make arcade style games. I vaguely understand what this means but don’t understand what it looks like on current gen systems. I’m familiar with all old school arcade games, side scrollers, what have you but what is this going to be? I don’t actually get what the approach looks like and what differentiates their arcade game from a traditional simulation style. 

Regardless of if it is a waste of time or not, it gets their foot in the door in maybe eventually ending simulation exclusivity bs by EA and we see a real competition. 

There hasn’t been a ton of information released about it, since the initial reports of the agreement.  I always kind of pictured it as a NFL Blitz/NFL Street style game.  That’s what I would consider arcade football, at least.   Like their NFL version of NBA Playgrounds.  I also kind of thought that’s why Madden rushed out The Yard, without much marketing.  They wanted an established pseudo competitor out, before 2k could get something on the shelves.  

I honestly wouldn’t be surprised to see Madden go the CoD Warzone method, in the future, and offer The Yard, and maybe MUT as F2P, just to get more users into their ecosystem.  They wouldn’t need to buy the full game, as an entry point, and they’d have outrageous numbers to compare to 2k from it.   

15 minutes ago, OkeyDoke21 said:

There hasn’t been a ton of information released about it, since the initial reports of the agreement.  I always kind of pictured it as a NFL Blitz/NFL Street style game.  That’s what I would consider arcade football, at least.   Like their NFL version of NBA Playgrounds.  I also kind of thought that’s why Madden rushed out The Yard, without much marketing.  They wanted an established pseudo competitor out, before 2k could get something on the shelves.  

I honestly wouldn’t be surprised to see Madden go the CoD Warzone method, in the future, and offer The Yard, and maybe MUT as F2P, just to get more users into their ecosystem.  They wouldn’t need to buy the full game, as an entry point, and they’d have outrageous numbers to compare to 2k from it.   

The Yard was what made me question if it was a new Street iteration, because the yard is incomprehensibly bad. 

I have been hoping MUT becomes standalone for a long time and gets dealt w by a different facet of their team so franchise, superstar, etc stop sucking *** and everything gets overhauled. 

1 hour ago, Ty21 said:

The Yard was what made me question if it was a new Street iteration, because the yard is incomprehensibly bad. 

I have been hoping MUT becomes standalone for a long time and gets dealt w by a different facet of their team so franchise, superstar, etc stop sucking *** and everything gets overhauled. 

Since Ive been playing Ive noticed they have completely pumped MUT with pay-to-win crap lol Like if you go to the marketplace to buy packs, all of the good packs you can get can ONLY be purchased with real money. You can only spend your hard earned coins on crappy packs. 

Thats why I also believe the only real way to build a team in that mode you like is by saving coins and buying individual players 1 by 1 from the auction house.

I will say the gameplay is a lot better than the last time I played--though its still flawed. I have Randy Moss at WR and I cannot catch a 1v1 jumpball to save my life. Your player will only catch the ball if you are wide open with no defender to even attempt to contest the catch. Contested catches are f'n impossible. Im like 0/12 on deep balls to Moss. How is that even possible.

22 hours ago, AkronsWitness said:

I will say the gameplay is a lot better than the last time I played--though its still flawed. I have Randy Moss at WR and I cannot catch a 1v1 jumpball to save my life. Your player will only catch the ball if you are wide open with no defender to even attempt to contest the catch. Contested catches are f'n impossible. Im like 0/12 on deep balls to Moss. How is that even possible.

Update:

Also, Im playing my first game of MUT online and this dude has a team already of

Calvin Johnson, Reggie Bush, Travis Kelce, Darren Waller, Joey Galloway, Michael Strahan, Sean Taylor, John Lynch, Tom Brady and 4 of his OL players had Superstar abilities so I assume they were all HOFers.

This is why I hate this game lol I contacted EA support and chatted with a support agent and told them this needed to be fixed

Edited by AkronsWitness

20 hours ago, RedGold said:

I clicked on it all 3 times and still got fired.  Albeit I will admit I did blow it up 

Don't click on it, at all, next time.  If you never open the first scenario about it, it won't trigger the scenario that is causing it to override your setting, and getting you fired.  Kind of lame, but it's a current workaround.  Same with the high overall vet retiring mid season, no matter what you do.  The scenario will still be there for a week or two, but then it will disappear.

• Like 1