Madden 22

I like the idea behind the scouting update, but I don't like the implementation and UI right now.  They need a way to sort prospects, or put more information on their prospect screen card.  Having to go in and out of the cards, while getting kicked back to the top of the screen is a chore.  

1 hour ago, OkeyDoke21 said:

I like the idea behind the scouting update, but I don't like the implementation and UI right now.  They need a way to sort prospects, or put more information on their prospect screen card.  Having to go in and out of the cards, while getting kicked back to the top of the screen is a chore.  

Ya I agree its pretty tedious.  I also think the scouting is too broad stroke right now, with very limited opportunities to focus on individual players you'd like to target.  If they kept everything the same but gave you like 3 more scouts you could assign to individual players every week and gain like 5% on them per week or something that would be more interesting IMO. 

54 minutes ago, MKnight82 said:

Ya I agree its pretty tedious.  I also think the scouting is too broad stroke right now, with very limited opportunities to focus on individual players you'd like to target.  If they kept everything the same but gave you like 3 more scouts you could assign to individual players every week and gain like 5% on them per week or something that would be more interesting IMO. 

Yeah, I agree with that, too.  I like that you know a little less, as it adds more smoke.  You almost couldn't draft a bust before.  Maybe you'd get a normal dev trait where you thought a guy was hidden, but you could always hit on the overalls being a competent player, but it needs a little tuning, as is.   Scouts could maybe have specialties in DL or OL instead of LE/RE or RG/LG, like they do now.   Or make their specialties a little more effective than a few percent, if you're going to keep it so specified on positions.  It's a little too blind, across the board.

I did a draft last night, and felt like I was drafting almost solely off of the combine/pro day.  Going in and out of the player cards of every prospect got some tiresome, I just started shooting from the hip a little bit.  I missed a part of the mid season more in depth scouting, because I couldn't open the player card from the screen, so I went back out to see what guys I wanted to focus on, and the scenario just disappeared.  Make sure you know the three guys you just by their name, before entering that screen.  I think it was like week 7.

5 hours ago, Outpost31 said:

Anything good come out of the update? I’m 6 years deep into my franchise and I don’t want to start a new one. I found a superstar DB who currently has 40 career interceptions. 

I would suggest, if you’re interested, doing two concurring. One with the new scouting and continue with the one with the old scouting. That way if you don’t like the new scouting enough to start over you don’t ruin your old one. Also allows you to go back to the old one from time to time even if you like the new scouting.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, 43M said:

Cut it down another $43 and maybe....

Yeah. I want to want it but I think they’ll have to change the franchise menu interface dramatically for me to want the game. The Franchise main screen has looked essentially the exact same for years. 

11 hours ago, Ty21 said:

Haven’t bought a madden since 2019 

Last Madden I bought full price was Madden 12.

Bought M25 for $7 and regretted it.

Bought M17 for $5 (part of 4 used games for $20 at GameStop)

Last Madden I bought was M18 for $20 because of MrHurricane.   I tried to enjoy it.    

11 hours ago, Ty21 said:

I signed up for a free GameFly trial to try out madden. 

I didn't even know GameFly was still around.