Madden 22

5 hours ago, BayRaider said:

Are you kidding me...? NBA 2K gives you complete customization and they implement it VERY well. Even when EA was "allowed" to do this, they have always been 10000% hot garbage at customization. This goes for ALL their sports games. 

As for The Show, I don't care about Online Franchise. Just Offline.

No I’m not kidding.  Nba 2ks franchise mode has major issues. Player progression is a major issue.  A lot of times you’ll see 23 years regressing randomly. There are serious glitches regarding contracts that they haven’t fixed for years. You cannot extend your own players that you drafted once they hit free agency. Also the sim logic is terrible.  You can sim one year and get 16 playoff teams then sim the next and probably 12 of those teams the next year won’t make the playoffs.  Look I play a ton in franchise mode on both madden and 2k.  For as much crap Madden gets it is still the best franchise mode available right now.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, MKnight82 said:

No I’m not kidding.  Nba 2ks franchise mode has major issues. Player progression is a major issue.  A lot of times you’ll see 23 years regressing randomly. There are serious glitches regarding contracts that they haven’t fixed for years. You cannot extend your own players that you drafted once they hit free agency. Also the sim logic is terrible.  You can sim one year and get 16 playoff teams then sim the next and probably 12 of those teams the next year won’t make the playoffs.  Look I play a ton in franchise mode on both madden and 2k.  For as much crap Madden gets it is still the best franchise mode available right now.

Facts. You can tell when someone doesn't really play 2K that much.

Like for example, online franchise in 2K is better in theory because there's so many more options for the commissioner of the league. The problem? The damn thing will randomly corrupt or stop working and the entire league is gone. I've played countless Madden online franchises.... NEVER had that issue one time.

Most of the people who post in here don't actually play Madden or 2K that much. They either don't play at all, or they're super casual with the game, so they don't understand the massive flaws 2K has. If you just look at it from a distance, 2K seems way better, but if you actually really get into the game it has SO MANY issues.

• Like 1

2K is living on reputation at this point, for so long they were considered superior putting out great sports titles that people think that's still the case and the fact is it's not...2K started going downhill years ago and at this point NBA2K is just as bad as Madden and in some ways much worse.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, rob_shadows said:

2K is living on reputation at this point, for so long they were considered superior putting out great sports titles that people think that's still the case and the fact is it's not...2K started going downhill years ago and at this point NBA2K is just as bad as Madden and in some ways much worse.

2K seems to be more predatory than Madden, tbh. Most people who play 2K online mostly play MyTeam and MyPlayer. Those two modes exploit money from the user, like MUT does in Madden.

Also, when you play MyPlayer online, you need to buy boost. If you don't know, boost are something that directly impacts game play by providing you boost for your jumpshot, rebounding, steals, dunking, etc. You can also buy Gatorade, which gives you more stamina while you're playing. These two things direct impact game play.

^ Imagine if Call of Duty sold boost that could be purchased with real money that made your SMG do more damage for a game or made your assault rifle have better aim for 10 games.

2K is an absolutely garbage game and the fact some people put it on some type of pedestal above Madden is straight up laughable.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, MKnight82 said:

Madden has never been good at customization. No EA Sports game has been. Full customization is what makes Franchise modes great. Even when they were allowed to do so, they largely ignored customization, and when they did try to implement it, failed miserably. Also, their presentation has ALWAYS been miles behind 2K and The Show games, which is a huge aspect of running a Simulation Franchise. EA has always been arcade down to their very core, which is quite annoying for people wanting to play a simulation style football game. It's amazing that a game 16 years old on PS2 had better presentation than Madden. 2K's Weekly Franchise Show was legendary stuff. 

9 hours ago, BayRaider said:

Madden has never been good at customization. No EA Sports game has been. Full customization is what makes Franchise modes great. Even when they were allowed to do so, they largely ignored customization, and when they did try to implement it, failed miserably. Also, their presentation has ALWAYS been miles behind 2K and The Show games, which is a huge aspect of running a Simulation Franchise. EA has always been arcade down to their very core, which is quite annoying for people wanting to play a simulation style football game. It's amazing that a game 16 years old on PS2 had better presentation than Madden. 2K's Weekly Franchise Show was legendary stuff. 

No the game actually working is what makes a franchise mode great.  2ks doesn’t work right.

4 hours ago, MKnight82 said:

No the game actually working is what makes a franchise mode great.  2ks doesn’t work right.

2K Football worked just fine. Competition is everything, every company suffers without it 2K. Although, EA went out of their way to make sure they don’t have competition so they can be as lazy as possible. There is zero effort that goes into these games. 

Acting like 2k can still be the savior of the NFL in 2021 is pretty funny.

They're just as bad if not worse than EA at this point.

Competition would be great, but I doubt they would bring it back like everyone "remembers." That's just not the same company with the same goals and merits anymore. Too much money in the bull**** anymore

• Like 2

6 hours ago, Norm said:

Acting like 2k can still be the savior of the NFL in 2021 is pretty funny.

They're just as bad if not worse than EA at this point.

Competition would be great, but I doubt they would bring it back like everyone "remembers." That's just not the same company with the same goals and merits anymore. Too much money in the bull**** anymore

I agree 2K wouldnt come back with what we would hope for....but Id take any competition for EA at this point....even a non NFL game.

34 minutes ago, 43M said:

I agree 2K wouldnt come back with what we would hope for....but Id take any competition for EA at this point....even a non NFL game.

I'm with you. Just don't expect 2k to come back killing it and bringing us everything we've wanted or anything. It'd likely be just as half assed but the comp couldn't hurt

Curious to see how bad/decent the ea NCAA game will be...

8 minutes ago, sdrawkcab321 said:

Are they going to have real coordinators or fake ones?

I think fake ones

I read somewhere that one of the reasons coordinators left the game is because EA lost the rights to use real life coordinators( I guess they're separate from head coaches). hopefully they get those rights back or let us edit them in like NCAA games did with coaches