Madden 22

I like the UI change, the main concern I have is if certain features aren't ready for launch and will be added later (like the scouting update) I worry that there will be a lot of potential bugs. Dunno if I'll get this one or not... We'll see.. definitely won't be on launch but maybe at a later time.

• Like 1

I just watched that franchise video, looks great! I will be getting it early again this year. Happy to see it moving forward again. I will have to wait until September at least to do another league on here to make sure the new scouting is in it. 

If they are adding scouting as a September feature, what are you supposed to do before they add it?

2 minutes ago, Outpost31 said:

Okay I guess I will call all of this a step in the right direction.

Yeah, it's still short but it's a step in the right direction. I didn't buy Madden last year for the first time in a while (got it with EA Play when it came out, so still paying EA). I used to get it at launch because I do leagues with friends. 

• Like 1

On 6/19/2021 at 11:55 AM, JohnChimpo said:

I’ve been playing Madden 07 on PS2 lately. It was the last Madden I ever bought, and I bought it almost every year up to that point. From the looks of this thread, it hasn’t improved much in 15 years. Lol

Looking like Kyle Orton.  😂 

• Like 2

6 hours ago, JBURGE said:

I just watched that franchise video, looks great! I will be getting it early again this year. Happy to see it moving forward again. I will have to wait until September at least to do another league on here to make sure the new scouting is in it. 

If they are adding scouting as a September feature, what are you supposed to do before they add it?

It’s my impression that there will be scouting at launch but the update will expand on it. On the podcast they promoted, it was discussed that a lot of changes they wanted to make for Madden 21 couldn’t be added to existing franchises or, for some, until an existing franchise advanced to another season. So they set up the updates to add to existing franchises. 

1 hour ago, Blackstar12 said:

Looking like Kyle Orton.  😂 

In Madden 20 there was a months long discussion about Greg Olson’s face until they got a chance to get players in for updated face scans. Last year they couldn’t do it at all so who knows how much it gets fixed. 

14 hours ago, Outpost31 said:

Okay I guess I will call all of this a step in the right direction.

I want to see how it actually impacts the game before I get excited.

And IMO, different coaches should have different development traits and potential.   Have some be the same for all...but much like players, coaches should develop differently based on potential and success.

And Im still not thrilled about scouting.   Based on what Im seeing, it still looks like it might be way too easy.   

9 hours ago, 43M said:

I want to see how it actually impacts the game before I get excited.

And IMO, different coaches should have different development traits and potential.   Have some be the same for all...but much like players, coaches should develop differently based on potential and success.

And Im still not thrilled about scouting.   Based on what Im seeing, it still looks like it might be way too easy.   

I prefer this style of scouting than doing individual players, in theory at least. We'll see of course how it's implemented. 

I am more lenient on Madden than others because I don't actually play games that much. The gameplay is *** but I stopped playing online like 10 years ago. I just do franchise building so these changes are nice

On 6/18/2021 at 12:15 PM, August4th said:

EA said they have 3-4 yr plan on revamping this game by listening to fans. its gonna be interesting to see if they keep adding stuff for 23,24, 25 etc... because their is so much more they should be doing by now

This is often referred to as a lie. In four years they'll be halfway to the features they had in Madden 2007.

Some pretty good info.  Doesn't seem like there is any form of carousel with the coordinators/head coaches, which is a little disappointing, but I'm still intrigued by the changes.  At the least, this is most attention franchise has received since they went to the CFM style mode vs stand alone franchise in the 360/PS3 era.