OTA Talk

RaidersAreOne

On 7/8/2021 at 12:17 AM, Oregon Ducks said:

I mean, if Winston can’t beat out a guy who can barely complete a forward pass I don’t know what to say.

I don't think Winston couldn't beat out Brees or Taysom Hill so much as he was there to learn and develop and see the game from the coach / reserve QB spot. The entire year was dedicated to learning the playbook and focusing on the other than physical side of the game. This keeps his value lower into free agency to resign him and then is the best version for the Saints now that Brees and his legacy have concluded. If Taysom is hot and it works it works, but this was the path that works for Jameis. Now they have a few games worth of Taysom and what he offers and a best version of Jameis to compete against it. The fact an NFL team developed two legit not bottom 5 NFL QBs behind a HOF QB in his final year is awesome. Sean Payton and Mickey Loomis deserve a lot of credit for developing options for 2021 instead of going like the FA route of emergency sign Ryan Fitzpatrick/Josh McCown/Case Keenum route most teams seem to have gone. Like the Saints actually invested, developed plans, and executed the plan to have competition and succession featuring experience in the system.

Edited by Trojan

On 7/8/2021 at 2:17 AM, Oregon Ducks said:

I mean, if Winston can’t beat out a guy who can barely complete a forward pass I don’t know what to say.

I don't think it was a competetive situation - I think it was a Redshirt year for Jameis. Learn the system, terminology, study habits, get rid of bad habits picked up in Tampa Bay, etc. New Orleans must have been satisfied with his progression to keep him around to compete for that starting gig...

We'll see this year.

• 2 weeks later...
14 hours ago, Matts4313 said:

Regarding the convo I had last page - Cowboys have 5 out of 90 that have refused vaccinations so far. 

Interested to hear how that fares amongst other teams - specifically the NFCE

Washington is one of two teams under 50% vaccinated last I heard. Ridiculous. 

2 hours ago, HTTRDynasty said:

Not great, Bob.

So it sounds like they will still try to reschedule games if there is a outbreak like they did with the BAL/PIT game last year so nothing has really changed from last years rules has it?

Or are they saying if there is a outbreak in your team then its a automatic Loss?

5 minutes ago, AkronsWitness said:

So it sounds like they will still try to reschedule games if there is a outbreak like they did with the BAL/PIT game last year so nothing has really changed from last years rules has it?

Or are they saying if there is a outbreak in your team then its a automatic Loss?

It's changed because if there is an outbreak, and they are unable to reschedule, the team with the outbreak will have to forfeit.  The chances of that happening increase the more unvaccinated players you have.

In a separate part of the memo, they made it clear they will try harder to accommodate for players who are vaccinated.

• Like 1