OTA Talk

RaidersAreOne

2 hours ago, HTTRDynasty said:

DL still dominating.

Beat reporters are losing their minds over how well the rookie Benjamin St-Juste has been playing.  If he's the real deal, this defense is beginning to look #1 in the league on paper.

Washington's D is already the type that can carry a team to around 8 wins, imo. 

Decent QB play (I loved Alex Smith, but his play wasn't good) and a competent offense on the whole, Washington looks like a legit 10-11 win squad. 

I've said before that their playoff performance against Tampa doesn't get enough love. To me, they're as close to the definition of "A player away" as it gets. 

• Like 1

So...

- 4-12 team

- New coaching staff

- New defensive formation and system (34 Man to Cover 2 43).

- New QB 

- New roster (roughly 60% of roster is new to the team).

And they're saying "Nah, we're good" to OTAs.

I'm going to go ahead and double down on my season prediction. Not only are the Texans going 0-17, but they're going to have the biggest scoring differential in NFL History, worse than the 1974 Expansion Tampa Bay Buccaneers (0-14).

This Texans team is going to be historically bad. '74 Bucs, 08 Lions and '17 Browns need to make room, because the '21 Texans will go down as the worst team in NFL History.

(And I'm fairly certain Spencer Rattler is going to return for his RS Jr year - he's going to say something about Heismans or National Titles or something, but he's really avoiding Cal's Clown Car on Kirby).

• Like 6

On 6/4/2021 at 9:31 PM, minutemancl said:

12 pounds of lean muscle in 1 offseason (like 4 months) is impossible. The 'gained x pounds of muscle' line is always actually that the player gained x pounds, and some/most of it is muscle, but he did not gain x pounds of lean muscle mass in 4 months.

It's hardly doable in 12 months when you have been lifting for years. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, SBLIII said:

It's hardly doable in 12 months when you have been lifting for years. 

If Ruggs never touched a single weight at Alabama, maybe he could get there in a year. But also, I don't think you could stay on Saban's team for longer than a day if you refused to touch a weight.

On 6/4/2021 at 2:31 PM, minutemancl said:

12 pounds of lean muscle in 1 offseason (like 4 months) is impossible. The 'gained x pounds of muscle' line is always actually that the player gained x pounds, and some/most of it is muscle, but he did not gain x pounds of lean muscle mass in 4 months.

This whole post reminded me of this...

I mean, there IS a way... Lattimer put on 35lbs over the summer... and Sonny Corleone doesn't think it's a problem.

• Like 3

7 minutes ago, Rrrrrrrams said:

so the next big thing out of the rams camp is jacob harris. everybody talks about him.

This kid is someone to watch. Has ELITE physical traits and is somehow getting reps with Stafford early on. College WR transitioned to TE for us. 6'5 221lbs 4.39 40 time.