Jump to content

Recommended Posts

15 minutes ago, Matts4313 said:

This is a Texans/Dolphins trade. Its more like: 

Dolphins 2nd

Texans Watson and Tunsil 

More likely than not... Even with BoB in Tuscaloosa.

Link to post
Share on other sites
39 minutes ago, RaidersAreOne said:

What's the deal with Watson anyways? Any chance he actually plays this year?

i have a better chance at marrying Tyra Banks than Watson playing another down for the Texans. If he plays its 100 percent going to be for another team assuming his case gets settled. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, Texansfan713 said:

i have a better chance at marrying Tyra Banks than Watson playing another down for the Texans. If he plays its 100 percent going to be for another team assuming his case gets settled. 

I guess what I am asking is where the case is at. I haven't heard too much about it recently.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, RaidersAreOne said:

I guess what I am asking is where the case is at. I haven't heard too much about it recently.

The civil case won't pick up much steam umtil after season. 

Any potential criminal proceedings are highly unlikely until after that, but not entirely out of the realm of possibility of happening sooner.

I'd trade a 7th for him right now, but no more until the picture clears up. Someone might give up multiple firsts for someone who doesn't play another snap. Houston should've moved him once he demanded a trade with how murky the entire thing is. Dude's stock is practically nonexistent in some circles. He "won't" play for Houston anymore, and nobody in their right mind would give up what it would take to get him (in terms of picks, players, and potential negative press). 

I have a better chance of replacing Mayock by tweeting my posts about what I would've done in the draft than Watson has of playing football in 2021. 

Edited by ronjon1990
Link to post
Share on other sites

Anyone notice how every year in the spring when a team or fan base wants to convince themselves this upcoming season will be different they run around saying "there's a different energy in the building, in the locker room this year"

 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, Texansfan713 said:

i have a better chance at marrying Tyra Banks than Watson playing another down for the Texans. If he plays its 100 percent going to be for another team assuming his case gets settled. 

You chose Tyra? 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
17 hours ago, ronjon1990 said:

I'd trade a 7th for him right now, but no more until the picture clears up. Someone might give up multiple firsts for someone who doesn't play another snap.

I think this is ghoulish overkill, Watson is going to play again within the next two seasons - people have actually killed other people and still played in the NFL (Leonard Little and Donte Stallworth, both killed someone in the middle of a DUI). Michael Vick spent two years in prison for tax evasion (was NOT sent to jail for animal cruelty, which is now a federal offense) and had a career resurgence as the Eagles QB. Greg Hardy nearly killed his girlfriend, Dallas still brought him in, Hardy left once he decided he'd prefer a career in MMA. Tyreek Hill and Adrian Peterson were both under investigation for child abuse (hell, Tyreek signed a very lucrative extension following his investigation). Ben Roethlensberger was under GBI investigation for sexual assault. 

All of the infractions above are equal or worse than what Watson is alleged of doing - and it was mere speed bumps to these respective careers.

Talent wins out 100 times out of 100. If you have elite talent, someone is going to give you a second chance. (And a 3rd... and a 4th... and a 5th...)

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, ET80 said:

I think this is ghoulish overkill, Watson is going to play again within the next two seasons - people have actually killed other people and still played in the NFL (Leonard Little and Donte Stallworth, both killed someone in the middle of a DUI). Michael Vick spent two years in prison for tax evasion (was NOT sent to jail for animal cruelty, which is now a federal offense) and had a career resurgence as the Eagles QB. Greg Hardy nearly killed his girlfriend, Dallas still brought him in, Hardy left once he decided he'd prefer a career in MMA. Tyreek Hill and Adrian Peterson were both under investigation for child abuse (hell, Tyreek signed a very lucrative extension following his investigation). Ben Roethlensberger was under GBI investigation for sexual assault. 

All of the infractions above are equal or worse than what Watson is alleged of doing - and it was mere speed bumps to these respective careers.

Talent wins out 100 times out of 100. If you have elite talent, someone is going to give you a second chance. (And a 3rd... and a 4th... and a 5th...)

I mean, ok? I'm glad you're able to cite a bunch of cases from largely different times as context? 

My professional opinion is inclined to disagree with your assertion, but to each their own. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, ET80 said:

I think this is ghoulish overkill, Watson is going to play again within the next two seasons - people have actually killed other people and still played in the NFL (Leonard Little and Donte Stallworth, both killed someone in the middle of a DUI). Michael Vick spent two years in prison for tax evasion (was NOT sent to jail for animal cruelty, which is now a federal offense) and had a career resurgence as the Eagles QB. Greg Hardy nearly killed his girlfriend, Dallas still brought him in, Hardy left once he decided he'd prefer a career in MMA. Tyreek Hill and Adrian Peterson were both under investigation for child abuse (hell, Tyreek signed a very lucrative extension following his investigation). Ben Roethlensberger was under GBI investigation for sexual assault. 

All of the infractions above are equal or worse than what Watson is alleged of doing - and it was mere speed bumps to these respective careers.

Talent wins out 100 times out of 100. If you have elite talent, someone is going to give you a second chance. (And a 3rd... and a 4th... and a 5th...)

How much are we allowed to talk about this? Because I disagree with you pretty strongly - specifically if Watson ends up getting prosecuted criminally. Accidental Manslaughter =/= intentional sexual assault 22 times. Obviously I could point out some other flaws in this argument, such as Ben/Hardy having the cases dropped, the different response from the league lately (Ray Rice, Zeke), the media pushback in our "cancel culture", etc.

Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, ronjon1990 said:

I mean, ok? I'm glad you're able to cite a bunch of cases from largely different times as context? 

Was Tyreek really THAT long ago? I'll concede on Leonard Little, but the rest were under the watchful eye of Roger Goodell, all had significant blowback from the general population (I think PETA still dislikes Vick) but all sort of floated into the background once said player did what they did best.

Will there be blowback? Sure. Is Watson going to be traded for a significant amount? Not as much as we originally thought (Matt Stafford is now a more considerable comparison, IMO). But to assume he's going to get a lifetime ban? I mean, where's your context to validate this opinion? I honestly don't think there's been a lifetime ban by Goodell (Josh Gordon and Aldon Smith get repeat chances despite falling into the same traps) and I doubt there isn't an owner who would look past anything for a chance to bring in one of the rarest commodities in sports, a franchise QB.

I'll admit it's not 2021. 2022, once there's clarity to the situation, I don't see how Watson isn't starting.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...