OTA Talk

RaidersAreOne

1 hour ago, AkronsWitness said:

Sounds like they are trying to eliminate the hyper focus on Jackson's development. You know, the same media treatment that Tua is going through now from a bad throwing practice.

Its crazy, but it's also smart. Eliminate distracting questions that would otherwise be the highlight of every post practice interview.

What they really should eliminate is the FEAR. Fear of criticism. Outside noise. Jackson is inundated with it, his favorite slogan his MVP season was “pretty good for a running back, am I right?”

If Jackson can’t get over that fear he has, he’s never going to stand a chance against Mahomes or even a Baker Mayfield who is on his way to becoming bulletproof. I saw Mahomes mentally above that nonsense when he came into this league with his head down and said nah don’t print my name or face on anything this is Alex Smiths team. He already knew he was a top 10 QB from the day he walked into camp so he just had to relax and put in his work. Thats real confidence and you can't fake that with slogans and hiding information about your progress. We had the exact same story with him throwing a bunch of picks like Tua in his 2nd offseason. It was a non-issue.

What Tua is doing is the same thing Mahomes did and it's the same path Tom Brady walked and it’s what separates winners from losers. Us and them. The chiefs and the ravens. Mahomes and Jackson. Kirill and you. LeVeon and Tyrann. You might not make the most friends walking this path, you might not appease the herd. But the dividends you reap for yourself are astronomical brothers...

Another example… LeBron used to read Twitter before his playoff games for motivation until he said ENOUGH and started reading sections from The Godfather before each game in the playoffs. This was the year he finally won his first championship. It was about the monk mindset. It’s really a moot point however because Lamar Jackson can't throw the football outside the hash marks.

Edited by Kirill

12 hours ago, Trentwannabe said:

Is this legit? Or does Baltimore have their own ESPN troll like Buffalo did for years with Mike Rodak?

Ravens are putting in a new passing scheme and trying to eliminate leaks. Our stupid media team already uploaded videos that gave away new concepts we are installing (Receivers running route combinations we didn’t run last year, players in different slots, etc. ) so Harbaugh is just going for the tv blackout on that. 

At least that’s how I understand the situation. You don’t want your own beat team already giving away your new tricks in mini camp.

Edited by ThatJaxxenGuy

31 minutes ago, ThatJaxxenGuy said:

Ravens are putting in a new passing scheme and trying to eliminate leaks. Our stupid media team already uploaded videos that gave away new concepts we are installing (Receivers running route combinations we didn’t run last year, players in different slots, etc. ) so Harbaugh is just going for the tv blackout on that. 

At least that’s how I understand the situation. You don’t want your own beat team already giving away your new tricks in mini camp.

Thats a silly stance. First of all, media is only allowed at certain practices. Secondly, chances are the team is going to run their new offense in preseason, so its going to be shown no matter what. Thirdly, this is something all teams have to deal with. And lastly, its not like teams couldnt send scouts to any practices open to the public.

10 minutes ago, Matts4313 said:

Thats a silly stance. First of all, media is only allowed at certain practices. Secondly, chances are the team is going to run their new offense in preseason, so its going to be shown no matter what. Thirdly, this is something all teams have to deal with. And lastly, its not like teams couldnt send scouts to any practices open to the public.

Yeah you’re right it’s actually “widdle Lamaw got his feewings huwt by a 5 second clip 2 weeks ago so we’re acting on this now and you can’t video him”.

Stay nuanced, FF

Edited by ThatJaxxenGuy

4 minutes ago, ThatJaxxenGuy said:

Yeah you’re right it’s actually “widdle Lamaw got his feewings huwt so you can’t video him based on a 5 second clip released 12 days ago”.

Stay nuanced, FF

Did you just strawman me for no apparent reason? I didnt say anything about Lamars feelings or a previous clip released.

5 minutes ago, Matts4313 said:

Did you just strawman me for no apparent reason? I didnt say anything about Lamars feelings or a previous clip released.

I was addressing the weird overwhelming response to this topic I keep seeing and assumed you were in that same camp, if it’s not the direction you were going that’s a misunderstanding on my end.

So what’s your theory then if mine is so silly? I’d love to hear it

Edited by ThatJaxxenGuy

2 minutes ago, ThatJaxxenGuy said:

So what’s your theory then if mine is so silly? I’d love to hear it

I didnt realize that was your theory, I thought you were regurgitating something a beat writer said. I dont know why a team wouldnt allow media to record passes; to my knowledge its never happened before. I do think "keeping it from other teams" is bad logic though. The information will still be readily available for other teams whether its recorded and uploaded to twitter or not.

2 minutes ago, Matts4313 said:

I didnt realize that was your theory, I thought you were regurgitating something a beat writer said. I dont know why a team wouldnt allow media to record passes; to my knowledge its never happened before. I do think "keeping it from other teams" is bad logic though. The information will still be readily available for other teams whether its recorded and uploaded to twitter or not.

Yeah man I saw the Ravens videos from mini camp and was thinking “oh cool we don’t usually run that kind of play” in one of the clips, and realizing that when they were new plays to new players we’ve brought in, I do get it.

This just seems like a total Harbaugh move to me. It might be overkill but it’s definitely a move that’s well within something he would do. Guy runs a super tight ship, and that has to include some paranoia in a league with the media giant like this 

On 6/10/2021 at 8:13 AM, ET80 said:

This whole post reminded me of this...

I mean, there IS a way... Lattimer put on 35lbs over the summer... and Sonny Corleone doesn't think it's a problem.

It's not that hard to gain 35 pounds over the summer if you hit the pizza real hard either.  I've done it!  xD 

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, TheRealMcCoy said:

FWIW, the Raiders used this pick from the Mack trade with the Bears.

I personally don't believe everything I read, so I'll take this tweet with a grain of salt, but he if this is true then this is bad look for Arnette and the organization.

Bears received:
  • Khalil Mack
  • 2020 second-round pick (tight end Cole Kmet at No. 43)
  • 2020 seventh-round pick (offensive lineman Arlington Hambright at No. 226)
Raiders received:
  • 2019 first round (running back Josh Jacobs at No. 24 by Raiders)
  • 2019 sixth round (cornerback Blessuan Austin at No. 196 by Jets)
  • 2020 first round (cornerback Damon Arnette at No. 19 by Raiders)
  • 2020 third round (receiver Bryan Edwards at No. 81 by Raiders)

Edited by JAF-N72EX
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, Flounch said:

Mike Mayock draft has been horrible....it's one thing to be a good analyst in TV, it's another to be a GM....

For the most part I agree, with one caveat. I really do think that Gruden is calling the shots with their first round picks. It reeks of Gruden watching the CFP and falling in love with players based on those 1-2 games and calling the shot. Even then, Mayock should probably have more hits with later picks where Gruden likely doesn't care.