OTA Talk

RaidersAreOne

I wasn't sure where to post this and not sure it deserves its own thread yet but I read the Bills are planning on building a new stadium in the future and might look to play at Penn State's Beaver Stadium or even up in Toronto as temporary locations until the new stadium is finished. I think them playing at Beaver stadium would be pretty cool

• Like 2

9 hours ago, Flounch said:

Mike Mayock draft has been horrible....it's one thing to be a good analyst in TV, it's another to be a GM....

He's falling for the big school trap. Clemson/Alabama/tOSU have led the charge for their core of FRP under Mayock. 

6 1's in 3 years and 5 from those schools. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, TakeTheBallDeep said:

I wasn't sure where to post this and not sure it deserves its own thread yet but I read the Bills are planning on building a new stadium in the future and might look to play at Penn State's Beaver Stadium or even up in Toronto as temporary locations until the new stadium is finished. I think them playing at Beaver stadium would be pretty cool

I'll never understand why the NFL didn't expand into Canada before playing London games. Bills aren't my team, but I'd vote Toronto.

• Like 2

Just now, kingseanjohn said:

I'll never understand why the NFL didn't expand into Canada before playing London games. Bills aren't my team, but I'd vote Toronto.

My guess would be because anyone in Canada that wants to come down for a game can already do it.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, kingseanjohn said:

Maybe. But they'd likely get more Canadian fans if they had a local or national team to root for.

This is just my assumption, but with Bills/Vikes/Lions/Seahawks/etc already close-ish to the border, they probably have some roots. Where as all of Europe is more open to fandom. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Matts4313 said:

This is just my assumption, but with Bills/Vikes/Lions/Seahawks/etc already close-ish to the border, they probably have some roots. Where as all of Europe is more open to fandom. 

Pretty much this.

I can’t speak for every Canadian but I know amongst my group of friends, none of us would change our fandom of our teams even if one moved to Canada. And I wouldn’t consider half my group to be “die hards”

23 hours ago, kingseanjohn said:

Maybe. But they'd likely get more Canadian fans if they had a local or national team to root for.

Montreal failed in baseball and Vancouver failed in basketball. Toronto is the only Canadien city to succeed outside of the NHL and they are so close to Buffalo that they likely won’t get the owner’s votes of approval as long as the Bills ownership wants to control that area.