• Suns in 5
    • Suns in 6
    • Suns in 7
    • Nuggets in 4
    • Nuggets in 5
    • Nuggets in 6
    • Nuggets in 7

3 hours ago, lomaxgrUK said:

Jokic had his way Offensively in the 1st half. For some reason, his shot selection went awful in the 3rd. The lack of 3 point shooting really hurt us in the end, especially with Bridges and Crowder cooking.

You can't go into a 4th quarter trailing like we were when Chris Paul is playing. He might be the best player I have ever seen at controlling a lead. 

As I have said numerous times, we aren't winning this series with MPJ going nuclear across a FULL game. Malone is trying to play him with the 2nd unit but he just isn't good enough at creating his own Offense right now. 

Really like the Suns roster. Really well balanced, and they are going to be a tough out for anyone.

Yeah, poor game from Joker. Obviously he needs to be exceptional to win playoff games with this roster. He had a poor game and then Monte and Austin also no-showed offensively ... that's tough. Didn't think Ayton as a matchup really did much, but the Suns are a much much better team defensively than POR and their schemes are more advanced as well. Both ends of the floor. I thought the Nuggets looked like the better team before the crucial run so I'm not really panicked. Crowd made a huge impact. Solid home whistle. Suns played really well. Nuggets can win game 2 

• Like 3

17 minutes ago, champ11 said:

Yeah, poor game from Joker. Obviously he needs to be exceptional to win playoff games with this roster. He had a poor game and then Monte and Austin also no-showed offensively ... that's tough. Didn't think Ayton as a matchup really did much, but the Suns are a much much better team defensively than POR and their schemes are more advanced as well. Both ends of the floor. I thought the Nuggets looked like the better team before the crucial run so I'm not really panicked. Crowd made a huge impact. Solid home whistle. Suns played really well. Nuggets can win game 2 

Only caught the first half and thought the Nuggets did some nice things. Morris needs to be better going forward as he had a very rough stint in the first half. 

If CP3 is back to his regular season form? That's a complete game changer. Then the mismatch the Suns have at the guard play will be too much to overcome, despite how good Jo

3 minutes ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

Only caught the first half and thought the Nuggets did some nice things. Morris needs to be better going forward as he had a very rough stint in the first half. 

If CP3 is back to his regular season form? That's a complete game changer. Then the mismatch the Suns have at the guard play will be too much to overcome, despite how good Jo

I thought Campazzo really defended CP3 well (the two guys that had good games for Denver were Campazzo and Gordon...not exactly who you want lol) .... but CP3 did his elite CP3 thing and hit 3 or 4 nice shots during a bench run to start the 4th to essentially ice the game. He def looked healthy to me 

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, champ11 said:

I thought Campazzo really defended CP3 well (the two guys that had good games for Denver were Campazzo and Gordon...not exactly who you want lol) .... but CP3 did his elite CP3 thing and hit 3 or 4 nice shots during a bench run to start the 4th to essentially ice the game. He def looked healthy to me 

In the first half, CP3 was mainly just in facilitator mode but when he knocked his first three down, that's when I knew he was starting to feel healthier. He wasn't even taking those shots against the Lakers and when he did, it often times missed badly. 

Suns are definitely a problem. Nuggets can compete though. 

10 minutes ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

In the first half, CP3 was mainly just in facilitator mode but when he knocked his first three down, that's when I knew he was starting to feel healthier. He wasn't even taking those shots against the Lakers and when he did, it often times missed badly. 

Suns are definitely a problem. Nuggets can compete though. 

I'm very impressed with the Suns. They move the ball super well. Defense is good. Just a complete team. Fun to watch 

Jokic looked a bit gassed yesterday. That's a concern....obviously he has played every game and carries a massive load on both ends. NO possessions off in the postseason with the personnel we have. If he's out of gas you tip your cap and call it a great season. But if he can play his best and the role players find some juice like they did last series the Nuggets can win the series. Will be a fun one for all neutrals, I think. 

1 minute ago, champ11 said:

I'm very impressed with the Suns. They move the ball super well. Defense is good. Just a complete team. Fun to watch 

Jokic looked a bit gassed yesterday. That's a concern....obviously he has played every game and carries a massive load on both ends. NO possessions off in the postseason with the personnel we have. If he's out of gas you tip your cap and call it a great season. But if he can play his best and the role players find some juice like they did last series the Nuggets can win the series. Will be a fun one for all neutrals, I think. 

Suns also push the crap out of the ball with Payne and the bench unit. REALLY well put team.

Jokic will be better, I'm sure of that. I know Ayton guarded him fairly well in the regular season but he will get his. MPJ needs to be a legit #2 game in and game out though. He needs to get more assertive and score at least 20-25 a game. The rest of the roster will be inconsistent but MPJ has to be better.

2 minutes ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

Suns also push the crap out of the ball with Payne and the bench unit. REALLY well put team.

Jokic will be better, I'm sure of that. I know Ayton guarded him fairly well in the regular season but he will get his. MPJ needs to be a legit #2 game in and game out though. He needs to get more assertive and score at least 20-25 a game. The rest of the roster will be inconsistent but MPJ has to be better.

Jok will be better for sure. Matchup stats are so goofy, i don't take any of them seriously lol. Jokic is unguardable, period. He missed shots and had a bad game last night. 

MPJ is not there yet. he goes in and out of games because I don't think he's got the individual creation ability yet and he hasn't quite figured out the offball playoff stuff to get open. he's already and ELITE ELITE 3rd option. breaks my heart what happened with Murray. think this team could win the title / come out of the west if he was healthy. 

33 minutes ago, 11sanchez11 said:

good stuff. i think the adjustment needs to be to ease back on the trapping of Book. PHX punished way too much with the passes in a way that Portland couldn't. I feel less good about this series after g1 than I did after the Portland one, for sure. 

I think Ayton had a good defensive game, but there's no need to exaggerate. Jokic got whatever he wanted early on, then he started chucking one-legged fadeaways. Of course Ayton did a very good job, but no one was cutting or getting open & Jokic got impatient. 

I don't expect the same to happen two games in a row.

• Like 1

17 hours ago, Joe_is_the_best said:

I think Ayton had a good defensive game, but there's no need to exaggerate. Jokic got whatever he wanted early on, then he started chucking one-legged fadeaways. Of course Ayton did a very good job, but no one was cutting or getting open & Jokic got impatient. 

I don't expect the same to happen two games in a row.

Ayton had Jokic in the torture chamber in their regular season meetings too.