Top-10 Coaches in the NFL

WizeGuy

2 hours ago, Mr Bad Example said:

The thing about losing important games is that his team is getting to important games. And I would also point out that with 221 wins and 8 CCG appearances, he's got more of those than any 2 (or possibly 3) coaches on that list not named Belicheck. 

But again, my argument was it depends what your goal is. If you’re an owner that just wants a few extra $$$ from playoff appearances, then great, he’s perfect. But if your goal is championships, at this point he just doesn’t look like the guy. At least not in any top 2 capacity. 

He’s lucky Mahomes finally got him one. I’d just be very curious where he’d rank for everybody without that single championship, everything else remaining equal.

The thing about championships is that you need to GET to a couple big games and win them before you even get to the SB. Reid has his team knocking on the door on a regular basis. It's stupid to think "oh, all he does is generate dollars from playoff experiences" - GETTING TO THE PLAYOFFS REGULARLY is how you win titles. 

NE going 6-3 in SB has really skewed everyone's perspective on this. 

35 minutes ago, Mr Bad Example said:

The thing about championships is that you need to GET to a couple big games and win them before you even get to the SB. Reid has his team knocking on the door on a regular basis. It's stupid to think "oh, all he does is generate dollars from playoff experiences" - GETTING TO THE PLAYOFFS REGULARLY is how you win titles. 

NE going 6-3 in SB has really skewed everyone's perspective on this. 

Not exactly true. 
Winning big games is how you win titles. Outsmarting your opponent is how you win titles. Making the playoffs is step one. 

I’m wondering why guys like Reid can beat these opponents in the regular season (hence your W-L records), but can’t pull it off when it matters. In fairness, half the time it’s been Bill that outsmarted him. 

Anyways, difference of opinion. If I’m hiring for my new team today Reid isn’t top 3 on my interview list. I would interview Bienemy ahead of him. Sean Payton. But again, my goal is titles. 

At least we’re all on the same page with Bill.

38 minutes ago, Mr Bad Example said:

Payton isn't particularly all that more accomplished in the playoffs than Reid is. 

Harbaugh’s playoff resume is clearly above Sean Payton’s imo...we’ll see how Payton does post-Brees but i’m taking Harbaugh over Payton without much deliberation tbh

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Mr Bad Example said:

Payton isn't particularly all that more accomplished in the playoffs than Reid is. 

You definitely have me there. But I would still argue he has won games with a weaker roster. And unlike Reid, he has lost in some pretty epic fashion, most notably the worst missed call in NFL history that started PI reviews.

Also that ridiculous late game flop against Minnesota with the famous Diggs play