Hypothetical: Julio Jones

Hypothetical: Julio Jones  

11 members have voted

1. 1. If the Falcons take on at least half of Julio Jones salary and ask a 3rd, do you jump on it?

• Heck yeah, why not?
    • Very tempting
    • Aw hell naw

Posted (edited)

Since it's slow, why not? If the Falcons were to eat half of Julio's salary and the asking price is a 3rd rounder, do you take it? I'm genuinely just curious where you guys stand on this. He's up in age, rarely plays a full season healthy, but still has juice. We're competing with the Chiefs and the more fire power the better. Is he worthy of that price to us?

I'm of the belief that this is a push year for us. Everything is in place to try to take it all down. Is Julio the piece that pushes us over the top?

Edited by TeHDruiD
Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, JDD said:

For that deal yes, but no way do they eat the contract if they are taking a mid round pick.

No one is going to take his contract, they have no cap or leverage. They're a sinking ship with no talent and soon no QB, next year is basically the start of a big rebuild, they need picks and not an aging WR who wants out. It's actually a big possibility that's how it turns out. Could be a performance based stipulation, x amount of yards/tds it becomes a 2nd type deal

Edited by TeHDruiD
3 hours ago, sdrawkcab321 said:

I don’t think you can do that on the nfl but if so I’d do it in a heartbeat 

I'm not sure but you could restructure and move some to a signing bonus which they would eat so it would work the same way. They won't though unless it's an overpay so not happening in reality. At least not to us. Maybe N.E.

I guess I get to be the bad guy here but there’s more to a team than acquiring firepower. There’s still just one ball at the end of the day and dumping one of our young guys or glue guys is going to have a ripple effect. I love the madden hypotheticals but this is real life. Julio is a Brown only if you’ve got a time machine and a resistance to future 1st round picks. 

7 minutes ago, Reginaldm9 said:

I guess I get to be the bad guy here but there’s more to a team than acquiring firepower. There’s still just one ball at the end of the day and dumping one of our young guys or glue guys is going to have a ripple effect. I love the madden hypotheticals but this is real life. Julio is a Brown only if you’ve got a time machine and a resistance to future 1st round picks. 

Counterpoint

Boundary receivers: Julio/Odell (/DPJ/Higgins/Schwartz)

Slot: Jarvis (/Higgins/Schwartz/Felton)

I mean...it's not a bad depth thing if it's a 3rd rounder. 

Counter-Counterpoint: 

Boundary receivers: Odell/DPJ (/Higgins/Schwartz)

I would give a 2nd (it will be pick 64). No need for salary considerations.

You are talking about a sure fire HOF WR for 3 years on a reasonable salary. Even at his age, pick 64 is worth it.  

6 hours ago, NudeTayne said:

Counterpoint

Boundary receivers: Julio/Odell (/DPJ/Higgins/Schwartz)

I mean...it's not a bad depth thing if it's a 3rd rounder. 

Counter-Counterpoint: 

Boundary receivers: Odell/DPJ (/Higgins/Schwartz)

3rd counterpoint 

Trade Jarvis for a 3rd to recoup the pick lost in the Julio trade and give Schwartz the slot.

23 hours ago, TeHDruiD said:

Since it's slow, why not? If the Falcons were to eat half of Julio's salary and the asking price is a 3rd rounder, do you take it? I'm genuinely just curious where you guys stand on this. He's up in age, rarely plays a full season healthy, but still has juice. We're competing with the Chiefs and the more fire power the better. Is he worthy of that price to us?

I'm of the belief that this is a push year for us. Everything is in place to try to take it all down. Is Julio the piece that pushes us over the top?

My biggest objection to Julio

He is not a big play receiver anymore.

2nd I do not want him at expense of are young developing players.

22 hours ago, TeHDruiD said:

No one is going to take his contract, they have no cap or leverage. They're a sinking ship with no talent and soon no QB, next year is basically the start of a big rebuild, they need picks and not an aging WR who wants out. It's actually a big possibility that's how it turns out. Could be a performance based stipulation, x amount of yards/tds it becomes a 2nd type deal

The irony of the team owner's name.....

As that's what they'll be shooting here very soon.

rob dyrdek ridiculousness GIF by mtv

planned parenthood florida GIF