What team that is expected to be great will be terrible this year?

CP3MVP

QB play is the biggest factor, as usual.

• Colts, if Wentz can't get it together.
  • Dolphins, if Tua can't show more.
  • Browns, if Mayfield gets careless with the football (like 2019).
  • Bills, if Allen's INT rate ramps up.
  • Packers, if Rodgers bails or pouts.
  • Niners, if Jimmy G can't cope and/or Lance isn't ready.
  • Even Tampa, if Brady shows that he is, in fact, a middle-aged man.

55 minutes ago, RTTRUTH said:

Bit surprised Pittsburgh wasn’t on that 10 win list.

If they qualify that’s my pick.

Colts are too obvious. A lot depends how well our scheme protects Wentz. 

Rams might be my next choice. Their roster is just paper thin. One injury could make winning tough for them. Had a strange draft. 

Steelers was 9 or 9.5 if I recall

I think overwhelmingly the sentiment on the Steelers is such that a 7 win season wouldn't shock the world

4 hours ago, Yin-Yang said:

Browns have to be a candidate, much as I like their roster. Only playoff team with a negative point differential (including the 7-9 WFT), 8-1 in one score games, new team on the block, etc. That’s just looking at what history tells us in the NFL, not them contextually as a team. The W/L record in close games is a big one. 

Stats and all that aside, have to think Green Bay - even if Rodgers plays. Seattle too, IMO. 

Agree on all of these.

7 minutes ago, Blackstar12 said:

I don't get why the Colts are getting mentioned here. They were not a great team last year and most people are skeptical of them for obvious reasons.

I think the word "great" was used somewhat liberally here, but Indy is certainly a team that is expected to be in the mix and stir stuff up. 

2 hours ago, TitanSlim said:

Hate to say it but if Tannehill regresses without Arthur Smith, Henry  begins to slow down and our defense is as bad as last season, the Titans could be a candidate.

i think we're a realistic candidate for regression, but barring a brutal rash of injuries i'd be really shocked if we're terrible.

i will say though that it's funny that the last few years titans fans had been expecting to be a contender only to have other fans, analysts, etc expect us to be bad. now it seems that opinion around the league has finally shifted on the titans such that not a lot of people are expecting them to take too much of a step back, but i think a lot of titans fans are much more worried about regression going into this year than last year, lol. go figure.

Edited by -Hope-

4 hours ago, TitanSlim said:

Hate to say it but if Tannehill regresses without Arthur Smith, Henry  begins to slow down and our defense is as bad as last season, the Titans could be a candidate.

I wasn't expecting to have to get to halfway down page two for someone to mention them, but I'm kinda on Titans here too. But the word terrible is throwing me off. I don't expect terrible, but could have a losing 8-9 record. 

6 hours ago, -Hope- said:

i think we're a realistic candidate for regression, but barring a brutal rash of injuries i'd be really shocked if we're terrible.

i will say though that it's funny that the last few years titans fans had been expecting to be a contender only to have other fans, analysts, etc expect us to be bad. now it seems that opinion around the league has finally shifted on the titans such that not a lot of people are expecting them to take too much of a step back, but i think a lot of titans fans are much more worried about regression going into this year than last year, lol. go figure.

3 hours ago, MikeT14 said:

I wasn't expecting to have to get to halfway down page two for someone to mention them, but I'm kinda on Titans here too. But the word terrible is throwing me off. I don't expect terrible, but could have a losing 8-9 record. 

Yeah, I’m not expecting us to be top 5 pick terrible or even necessarily bad. I do however see where things could go  a little off the rails if things fall a certain way. 

Thinking over the question at hand though, I honestly don’t even know if the Titans fit the bill. Feels like at the moment most have them behind the Chiefs, Bills, Browns, Ravens and maybe a few others in the AFC so how much hype can the “5th” (at) best team have. They clearly don’t have the hype of a 2019 Browns or “Dream Team” Eagles. Now if Julio joins the team...👀

Losing Arthur Smith could definitely impact the Titans offense. 

I think the bigger concern for Titans fans should be the health of Derrick Henry. I know he hasn’t shown much vulnerability to injury. But he’s been used A LOT the last couple years. And at some point that is going to take it’s toll. Perhaps like last year with Christian McCaffrey.  

And if he goes down, that could drastically effect everything the Titans do on offense. Losing him for more than 2 or 3 games is the path to “horrible” for them 

18 minutes ago, RTTRUTH said:

Losing Arthur Smith could definitely impact the Titans offense. 

I think the bigger concern for Titans fans should be the health of Derrick Henry. I know he hasn’t shown much vulnerability to injury. But he’s been used A LOT the last couple years. And at some point that is going to take it’s toll. Perhaps like last year with Christian McCaffrey.  

And if he goes down, that could drastically effect everything the Titans do on offense. Losing him for more than 2 or 3 games is the path to “horrible” for them 

I was harping big on the Titans regressing last offseason because Henry had 400 touches the season before. And then they had the NFL’s top offense having him run it 40 times a game.

I don’t think he’s a normal human.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Daniel said:

I was harping big on the Titans regressing last offseason because Henry had 400 touches the season before. And then they had the NFL’s top offense having him run it 40 times a game.

I don’t think he’s a normal human.

Yeah, but that’s x2 now they’ve ridden him all season. At some point it has to catch up.

4 minutes ago, RTTRUTH said:

Yeah, but that’s x2 now they’ve ridden him all season. At some point it has to catch up.

Oh yeah, for sure. I expect it will this season, but I also expect that regression to be more like him dropping to just like 1200 yards as a rusher, and not an absolute plummet.

If Julio ends up in Tennessee, and if Evans looks half as good as he did against Houston last year, the offense would still be a dynamic one.