Keep on Rockin’ in the Bree-land.

wcblack34

9 hours ago, HeydudemanG said:

If he was good enough to start for the super bowl winners he should be a set it and forget it across from Pat P. Or do you guys think Dantzler has a chance?

I believe Dantzler has a solid chance, as he has far more talent than Breeland.  I wouldn't necessarily say that just because Breeland started for the Chiefs (not the winners) that makes him better than Dantzler or a set it and forget it guy.  The secondary for the Chiefs, outside of Honey Badger, was nothing really to write home about.  They were passable, but that's all that was really needed when you have a loaded offense and a pretty good front 7.

On 7/28/2021 at 8:24 AM, swede700 said:

I believe Dantzler has a solid chance, as he has far more talent than Breeland.  I wouldn't necessarily say that just because Breeland started for the Chiefs (not the winners) that makes him better than Dantzler or a set it and forget it guy.  The secondary for the Chiefs, outside of Honey Badger, was nothing really to write home about.  They were passable, but that's all that was really needed when you have a loaded offense and a pretty good front 7.

Hey the Chiefs have a great defense, and I agree with Dantzler, but the key is he hasn't stayed healthy. He has potential to be the best corner on the team if his career isn't derailed.

• Like 1

On 7/29/2021 at 4:51 PM, HeydudemanG said:

Hey the Chiefs have a great defense, and I agree with Dantzler, but the key is he hasn't stayed healthy. He has potential to be the best corner on the team if his career isn't derailed.

The Chiefs do not have a "great" defense.  They have a decent defense, but it's far from great.  It's why they can still give up 30+ pts to the Buccaneers.  They can get exploited fairly easily by very good offenses.  

• 1 month later...
3 minutes ago, SteelKing728 said:

Any chance he gets benched for Dantzler or do we keep trotting him out there and pray things get better?

I'd put Dantzler out there instead, but he didn't do himself any favors with the coaching staff with his immature behavior yesterday after the game on Twitter.  He might have bought himself further into the doghouse.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, PrplChilPill said:

I'm curious who, the FO or the coaches, wanted this guy.....because they appear to have been as wrong as wrong can be.

That I don't know, but Breeland is exactly who he has always been...even here in KC, he was mediocre at best.  It's why KC was so willing to let him walk.  And for a defense that isn't really that good in KC (they often get covered up because their offense is so darn good), it should have been glaring that they weren't trying all that hard to bring him back.  

• Like 1

1 hour ago, swede700 said:

That I don't know, but Breeland is exactly who he has always been...even here in KC, he was mediocre at best.  It's why KC was so willing to let him walk.  And for a defense that isn't really that good in KC (they often get covered up because their offense is so darn good), it should have been glaring that they weren't trying all that hard to bring him back.  

You saw more of KC last year than I did.  Did Breeland always play soft in man to man coverage, or is that scheme thing here in MN?

23 minutes ago, Virginia Viking said:

You saw more of KC last year than I did.  Did Breeland always play soft in man to man coverage, or is that scheme thing here in MN?

I think part of it is schematic, because in Spagnuolo's system, there is a lot more blitzing than in Zimmer's system.  With more blitzing, he didn't have to cover nearly as long so he didn't get exposed as often.  I don't think he necessarily played as soft in the man to man as he is doing here, but he just can't hold onto coverage as long as they are expecting him to.  

3 hours ago, swede700 said:

I'd put Dantzler out there instead, but he didn't do himself any favors with the coaching staff with his immature behavior yesterday after the game on Twitter.  He might have bought himself further into the doghouse.

It would be nice if the majority of athletes and politicians just didn't use Twitter lol

10 minutes ago, SteelKing728 said:

It would be nice if the majority of athletes and politicians just didn't use Twitter lol

Using Twitter is probably not healthy for anyone!