Jump to content

Keep on Rockin’ in the Bree-land.


Recommended Posts

10 hours ago, VikeManDan said:

Announced as a safety during the draft and he's listed as such on the team site. 

True, still interesting they got so many new DBs after drafting three of them last year.  

 

9 hours ago, VikeManDan said:

Vikings kept 6 CB's on the initial 53 last year.

Peterson, Dantzler, Breeland, Alexander, Boyd, and Hand

Assuming Gladney on suspension list until his return.

Gladney honestly is better than Hand assuming Gladney did not do what he is accused of doing.  Curious if they move Hand to safety which they should and then get rid of Metellus and or Dorn I assume.  Either way a great upgrade for the position and the biggest DB room improvement of any team in the NFL.  Jaguars improved their DBs a lot with Griffin, Jenkins and drafting Tyson Campbell and Cisco but Vikings added more proven talent arguably, especially if Peterson still has some left in his tank.  I think Rayshawn Jenkins is a little on the overrated side honestly, if he was so good losing James would not have been as big of an issue as it was but fact is it was even with Jenkins.  

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
On 6/8/2021 at 6:52 AM, VikeManDan said:

Vikings kept 6 CB's on the initial 53 last year.

Peterson, Dantzler, Breeland, Alexander, Boyd, and Hand

Assuming Gladney on suspension list until his return.

Don't you mean: for THIS year? Peterson and Breeland weren't with The Vikings in 2020!

Edited by Robb_K
Link to post
Share on other sites
21 hours ago, Robb_K said:

Don't you mean: for THIS year? Peterson and Breeland weren't with The Vikings in 2020!

I think VikeManDan said those separately. as in the vikings kept 6 CBs on the initial roster is 2020 SO assuming they'll keep 6 CBs this year I think those 6 will be...

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
On 6/8/2021 at 7:56 PM, Ozzy said:

True, still interesting they got so many new DBs after drafting three of them last year.  

 

Gladney honestly is better than Hand assuming Gladney did not do what he is accused of doing.  Curious if they move Hand to safety which they should and then get rid of Metellus and or Dorn I assume.  Either way a great upgrade for the position and the biggest DB room improvement of any team in the NFL.  Jaguars improved their DBs a lot with Griffin, Jenkins and drafting Tyson Campbell and Cisco but Vikings added more proven talent arguably, especially if Peterson still has some left in his tank.  I think Rayshawn Jenkins is a little on the overrated side honestly, if he was so good losing James would not have been as big of an issue as it was but fact is it was even with Jenkins.  

I'm not the only one!!!

Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, SteelKing728 said:

I'm not the only one!!!

The discussion of moving him to safety happened just after he was drafted.  If they had ever had any intention of moving him to safety it would have happened last year during camp.  They didn't then, so why would they do it now?  It wouldn't make any sense to have him play an entire year at CB just to move him to safety in year 2.  He's a CB, period. Hell, if worse comes to worse at safety, Sendejo is still a free agent.  🤣

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
On 6/12/2021 at 5:09 PM, Robb_K said:

Don't you mean: for THIS year? Peterson and Breeland weren't with The Vikings in 2020!

 

18 hours ago, whitehops said:

I think VikeManDan said those separately. as in the vikings kept 6 CBs on the initial roster is 2020 SO assuming they'll keep 6 CBs this year I think those 6 will be...

Bingo, I could have clarified better.

Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, swede700 said:

The discussion of moving him to safety happened just after he was drafted.  If they had ever had any intention of moving him to safety it would have happened last year during camp.  They didn't then, so why would they do it now?  It wouldn't make any sense to have him play an entire year at CB just to move him to safety in year 2.  He's a CB, period. Hell, if worse comes to worse at safety, Sendejo is still a free agent.  🤣

To answer the question of why would a team do that now, I would say they would do it now if after the first year it looked like he wasn't progressing enough at the original position to the point he roster spot was in jeopardy. In that case you see if you can get something useful out of him somewhere else before cutting bait.

That said, we are not talking in general about why I team would move a player between his first and second year. We are talking specifically about Harrison Hand. I have not seen anything to suggest that Hand's grasp on a roster spot at CB looks that tenuous. Sure, we don't know as much as the coaches so it could be possible. If that is the case, they are doing a great job of keeping that to themselves.

The thing I can dream up that would support the possibility is the Vikings heavy investment in the CB position this offseason. They clearly were not satisfied with what they had last year; Hand was part of that and was below alternatives on the depth chart at the time. If it is the case that the team feels they need to put down hope on Hand at CB they absolutely should try moving him to safety. That is why they would. Personally, I haven't seen what I would have had to have seen to put down all hope in Hand as a CB. But again, the coaches have seen a lot more than me so I can't dismiss the possibility either. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 1 month later...

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

×
×
  • Create New...