2021 Offensive Rookie of the Year

Big T

Recently there have been articles about who would be OROY and per the usual it is everyone but a Jet's player. The Jets have 3 possible OROY candidates in Wilson, Carter, and Moore. 

Wilson for obvious reasons, Carter because of the holes our right side of the OL will open up for him, and Moore because of the opportunities he will garner with Wilson throwing to him. 

Where the hell is Joe Namath? Since the draft he has been conspicuously quiet. What a punk he's become, he doesn't like Wilson? Darn look at all the QB's he has liked and none of them added up to much of anything.

Namath needs to step up and show some class, if he was so knowledgeable about football he would have been a GM long ago. Elway did it! Who cares about opinions, if the Jets are your team, then stand by the new regime's choice.

I hated the fact that Watson was passed over by the Jets, I live in Georgia, and was screaming for him on draft night. My friend is a Cowboys fan, and the Jets had Prescott in for a look. Before the draft I told him about Prescott, we could have had Russel Wilson but the Jets brain thrust laughed at the scout and former GM who begged them to draft him.

I could go on, finally we have a competent GM who has drafted reasonably well, players still on the team, or in the league, and have the team in an ascending position with building block players in prime positions and we have a punched Namath pouting somewhere because he's not happy with the direction the Jets are headed.

Hey Joe, put on your depends, straighten out your hairpiece, cut out the alcohol and you might be able to see clearly and acknowledge the Jets are better off today than in the past 10 years combined.

It's going to be tough. I want to go Carter, but I think it will be Moore or AVT. I'm expecting our defense to struggle a little out of the gates forcing us to pass more. I can see Moore really lighting it up early, especially with the Crowder situation happening. 

Rookie QB throwing to a rookie WR with a rookie OC?  That is just not a OROY recipe. As for Carter, being part of a RBBC generally does not garner OROY consideration.

I think all three will be stand out players, just not in 2021.

Well this award rarely goes to a player that's not a QB or RB. So you'd have to think who's going to start for there teams.

QB: TLaw, Wilson, Mac Jones (I still think Newton starts for most the year putting Jones out of this race).

RB: Harris, Etienne, Javonte Williams and Michael Carter (I don't see Carter getting enough touches to win).

BUT.......

This year there's several WRs and a TE that should be right in the mix for it.

Kyle Pitts should get lots of targets with Julio now gone. Chase should get a lot of targets in CIN and Devonta Smith should see lots of targets in PHI.

At the end of the day I don't think TLaw has enough around him to win OROY. And I don't think we sling the ball around enough for Wilson to win it either.

Etienne and Williams will be splitting carries quite a bit, so I dont think they win it either.

So if I had to bet right now who will win....

Najee Harris or Kyle Pitts

• Like 1

On 6/7/2021 at 7:07 AM, Bobby816 said:

So if I had to bet right now who will win....

Najee Harris or Kyle Pitts

Harris is in the perfect situation to win. If Pitts is going to play more of a TE role rather than WR, it may be tough for him.

The real question is how many Jet fans and/or talking heads are going to ***** about picking Wilson instead of trading down and selecting the OROY. Not on this site of course, but I bet there will be a lot. 

On 6/6/2021 at 12:10 PM, rickyt31 said:

It's going to be tough. I want to go Carter, but I think it will be Moore or AVT. I'm expecting our defense to struggle a little out of the gates forcing us to pass more. I can see Moore really lighting it up early, especially with the Crowder situation happening. 

Moore on offense, Carter on defense. My final answer.