Julio Jones traded to Titans for at least a 2nd rounder

TheRealMcCoy

12 minutes ago, titans0021 said:

Pretty much. Tannehill has been everything Titans fans could’ve hoped for when we traded for him.

He’s obviously not Mahomes. Obviously. But he’s also not “Lol Ryan Tannehill is still their QB.” Which I know shouldn’t bother me when I see it all over Twitter, but somehow it still does. The efficiency numbers speak for themselves. The offensive production in his year and a half as a starter is elite and the team is 18-8.

RT isn’t a top five QB, but you’d have a hard time naming 10 QBs that I’d rather have for the next couple years. And with a good OL, Henry and two WR1’s, that could easily be good enough.

Who would you ut ahead of him?

I love this move for Tennessee. In my mind, if you can make the playoffs, you're a contender. Tennessee is definitely a team that will more than likely make the postseason, and they're making a strong push by adding an elite player to their roster. Great thing about Julio Jones, too, is that he's always been a team first player.

Love this move for the Titans.

11 minutes ago, biggie. said:

Who would you ut ahead of him?

I put 10 simply to avoid any arguments. Mahomes, Rodgers, Wilson and Watson are my four definites. I’m not saying I’d take all of these ahead of him, but I don’t want to bother with other fans disagreeing: Brady, Allen, Lamar, Dak.

I’m open to young guys like Kyler and Herbert also being in the discussion if we’re stretching it beyond next season.

4 hours ago, -Hope- said:

i don't know if our defense will be good this year, but we replaced over half our starters. if it's not an improvement on "worst defense in team history" we have some serious, serious issues....which we might lol

Atleast yall should be able to keep up with some of the best offenses in the league.

7 minutes ago, titans0021 said:

I put 10 simply to avoid any arguments. Mahomes, Rodgers, Wilson and Watson are my four definites. I’m not saying I’d take all of these ahead of him, but I don’t want to bother with other fans disagreeing: Brady, Allen, Lamar, Dak.

I’m open to young guys like Kyler and Herbert also being in the discussion if we’re stretching it beyond next season.

He's top 1 tbh

1 hour ago, TheKillerNacho said:

This site says Ryan Tannehill's closest comparison is... Jaime Lannister... seems credible.

Plus Tannehil finished 2019 with a 9.6 YPA... he was one of the best deep throwers in the league. That was the highest YPA for a starter since Chris Chandler did it in 1998 with the Falcons and had a 9.8 I believe... although Chandler was meh and Tannehil is very good. 

Saying Tannehil is a bad deep passer is extremely inaccurate and laughable. He once again had a good YPA at 7.9 last year. Which was tied with Allen, Mahomes, Carr, and only behind Rodgers 8.1. 

YPA isn't the end all be all, but places like PFF are not accurate at all tracking deep balls. PFF simply looks at passing % completed deep along with distance. Why is that model inaccurate? Because a QB can cherry pick to only throw deep when a man is wide open, super inflating his deep passing % and deep passer rating. PFF looks at things from an extremely simplistic perspective. 

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, BayRaider said:

Plus Tannehil finished 2019 with a 9.6 YPA... he was one of the best deep throwers in the league. That was the highest YPA for a starter since Chris Chandler did it in 1998 with the Falcons and had a 9.8 I believe... although Chandler was meh and Tannehil is very good. 

Saying Tannehil is a bad deep passer is extremely inaccurate and laughable. He once again had a good YPA at 7.9 last year. Which was tied with Allen, Mahomes, Carr, and only behind Rodgers 8.1. 

YPA isn't the end all be all, but places like PFF are not accurate at all tracking deep balls. PFF simply looks at passing % completed deep along with distance. Why is that model inaccurate? Because a QB can cherry pick to only throw deep when a man is wide open, super inflating his deep passing % and deep passer rating. PFF looks at things from an extremely simplistic perspective. 

Correction, Watson 8.9, Cousins 8.3, Rodgers 8.2, Mahomes 8.1, Tannehil/Allen/Carr at 7.9.

Still though, Tannehil is always near the top in this category. 

1 hour ago, titans0021 said:

Tannehill has been everything Titans fans could’ve hoped for when we traded for him.

i mean, i don't even think there was a single titans fan who dared to hope he'd become what he's become, lol.

1 hour ago, Kirill said:

It’s a bad deal for Atlanta if you forget that Julio wants out and they have to do right by him. This was probably the best deal on the board for them.

Now we get to see how good Tannehill really is. 

It's bad deal for ATL after deciding to keep Ryan.

Although even with Julio they had a small chance to win the Superbowl this move puts the nail in the coffin. 

You're now essentially wasting one year of your 36 year old QB career. 

Looking into the future it's not like this team is set up for tons of cap space next year. 

Next couple years don't look promising at all. The franchise is spinning tires. 

Edited by JJ6