Julio Jones traded to Titans for at least a 2nd rounder

Not a very good deal for Falcons, imo.

You get a 2nd, but it's going to very late in the 2nd. (Probably at least in the 50's)

Cause the Titans are gonna make the Playoffs. That Division is weak & only the Colts will challenge Titans for it. (Texans are a dumpster fire & Jags are basically an expansion team starting this year)

They also get a 4th, but in 2023…?

And then send back a 6th?

They did get Julio's salary off the books, but they lose a HOF wr & basically swap him for Kyle Pitts in a lateral move?

Love Ridley, but losing Julio hurts.

I can't imagine that was the best offer. If they took a less offer, just to make sure he wasn't in the NFC? Than that was just dumb.

You can get a 3rd round compensatory pick, just to him walk via FA for goodness sakes.

I wouldn't have taken less than a 1st, or multiple day 2 picks for Julio.

Tennessee wins this trade. They were already a powerful playoff team. Now their SB contenders, imo 

8 minutes ago, aceinthehouse said:

Not a very good deal for Falcons, imo.

You get a 2nd, but it's going to very late in the 2nd. (Probably at least in the 50's)

Cause the Titans are gonna make the Playoffs. That Division is weak & only the Colts will challenge Titans for it. (Texans are a dumpster fire & Jags are basically an expansion team starting this year)

They also get a 4th, but in 2023…?

And then send back a 6th?

They did get Julio's salary off the books, but they lose a HOF wr & basically swap him for Kyle Pitts in a lateral move?

Love Ridley, but losing Julio hurts.

I can't imagine that was the best offer. If they took a less offer, just to make sure he wasn't in the NFC? Than that was just dumb.

You can get a 3rd round compensatory pick, just to him walk via FA for goodness sakes.

I wouldn't have taken less than a 1st, or multiple day 2 picks for Julio.

Tennessee wins this trade. They were already a powerful playoff team. Now their SB contenders, imo 

32 year old receivers with big contacts don't get traded for firsts. The market is what it is. I'd feel pretty good about saying that was either the very best offer or comparable enough to be justifiable. 

People always bring up the comp pick. No, he wasn't going to yield them a third round comp pick. Because he has ten years in the league, the best he can get was a fifth. Furthermore, his contract runs 3 more years and nobody would have given a 35 year old receiver a contract large enough to warrant that and it wouldn't have come until 2024.  Lastly, if you're banking on a comp pick, that also restricts you from partaking in that range of free agents when the market opens, so you're hamstringing yourself. 

• Like 2

I always thought the Titans by far made the most sense. I was super confident Colts win the division this year, but Julio should make this a tight race between the two. 

5 minutes ago, Forge said:

32 year old receivers with big contacts don't get traded for firsts. The market is what it is. I'd feel pretty good about saying that was either the very best offer or comparable enough to be justifiable. 

People always bring up the comp pick. No, he wasn't going to yield them a third round comp pick. Because he has ten years in the league, the best he can get was a fifth. Furthermore, his contract runs 3 more years and nobody would have given a 35 year old receiver a contract large enough to warrant that and it wouldn't have come until 2024.  Lastly, if you're banking on a comp pick, that also restricts you from partaking in that range of free agents when the market opens, so you're hamstringing yourself. 

Yeah, I think the Falcons did well here. Little more than a second and we ate the contract, given other WR trades, this is probably the best they were going to do.

Which isn’t to say I’m not thrilled with the trade as a Titans fan. I love the deal. But this is market value for Atlanta.

• Like 1
27 minutes ago, biggie. said:

ATL got ripped off, but that's what bad teams do.

It is not crazy to suggest that Tannehill is on par with Mahomes. I think he might actually be a little better. He's been a more efficient passer than Mahomes the past two seasons since he bcame the starter. The addition of Julio is going to make this offense explode.

I'll bite:

• 2210 more passing yards
  • 9 more TD passes 
  • 3.5% sack rate vs 6.7%
  • 25-4 vs 18-8 records
  • 5 playoff wins to 2 playoff wins
  • 2 SBs and a Lombardi vs jack squat

jackie-chan-whut.jpg?w=640

Take a look at 2013 Passer Rating leaders and let me know if the #1 guy was better than the #2 guy and his 55 TDs.

• Do the same for 2014
  • Dalton was more technically efficient than Brady in 2015
  • Dak was more efficient than Rodgers in 2016
  • Alex Smith in 2017 over Brady, Brees, and Wentz
  • Brees over Mahomes in 2018
  • Tannehill over Lamar in 2019

Its a stat. A useful but blunt stat. It has way too much value on completion % and not throwing picks

• Rodgers is the king of not forcing a 50/50 ball with a check down, throw away, or taking a sack instead
  • Better rating but less wins.

Actual results are always 1st. Then look at passer rating, ANY/A, PFF rankings, Next Gen Stats, and anything else you want.

• Like 1
Posted (edited)

Tannehill has been great on the Titans. He has 11 rushing TDs vs 13 picks in Tennessee (Lamar has 14 and 15 in Baltimore over that span) His comeback numbers have been impressive. His stats are impressive.

I'm excited to see if he gets 16 (17, still adjusting to that) with a healthy Julio.

He's still no Mahomes.

Edited by SkippyX
2 minutes ago, SkippyX said:

Tannehill has been great on the Titans. He has 11 rushing TDs vs 13 picks in Tennessee (Lamar has 14 and 15 in Baltimore over that span) His comeback numbers have been impressive. His stats are impressive.

I'm excited to see if he gets 16 (17, still adjusting to that) with a healthy Julio.

He's still no Mahomes.

Pretty much. Tannehill has been everything Titans fans could’ve hoped for when we traded for him.

He’s obviously not Mahomes. Obviously. But he’s also not “Lol Ryan Tannehill is still their QB.” Which I know shouldn’t bother me when I see it all over Twitter, but somehow it still does. The efficiency numbers speak for themselves. The offensive production in his year and a half as a starter is elite and the team is 18-8.

RT isn’t a top five QB, but you’d have a hard time naming 10 QBs that I’d rather have for the next couple years. And with a good OL, Henry and two WR1’s, that could easily be good enough.

• Like 1
21 minutes ago, titans0021 said:

Yeah, I think the Falcons did well here. Little more than a second and we ate the contract, given other WR trades, this is probably the best they were going to do.

Which isn’t to say I’m not thrilled with the trade as a Titans fan. I love the deal. But this is market value for Atlanta.

It’s a bad deal for Atlanta if you forget that Julio wants out and they have to do right by him. This was probably the best deal on the board for them.

Now we get to see how good Tannehill really is.