Julio Jones traded to Titans for at least a 2nd rounder

TheRealMcCoy

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2021/06/07/aaron-rodgers-packers-compromise-nfl-fmia-peter-king/

In the end, the Falcons made a deal with the only team that was really serious about obtaining Jones. The market for Jones wasn’t as hot as the Falcons thought it would be. Baltimore was interested before the draft but with Sammy Watkins arriving in free agency and Rashod Bateman and Tylan Wallacecoming in rounds one and four of the draft, the Ravens dropped out. New England never had serious interest in committing $38 million to a 32-year-old receiver. Seattle was interested, but not for huge money. Tennessee was the last and best shot. But a source close to the deal told me there were three other teams involved in the last week, but none willing to give what Tennessee gave. That included taking on the entire amount Jones is owned through 2023.

That source also told me the key to getting the trade done was Tennessee’s willingness to add a second pick to the deal Sunday morning in a call between GMs Terry Fontenot of the Falcons and Jon Robinson of the Titans. Credit to Fontenot here. The rookie personnel czar, I’m told, reasoned that there was a huge difference between second-round picks. Tennessee, he thought, quite likely will have a pick in the fifties next year, and told Robinson he needed more to get the deal done. Makes sense. Tennessee’s second-round pick was 61st overall in 2020, and 53rd in 2021.

2 hours ago, titans0021 said:

It’s fine. We can all be friends. I’m happy about the state of the Texans too. Two teams and fanbases just living their best lives and being super cordial to one another.

Well played

1 hour ago, ET80 said:

Keep it to football...

41 minutes ago, ET80 said:

See, this right here is why we can't be friends.

27 minutes ago, ET80 said:

dead to me GIF

27 minutes ago, ET80 said:

Welp...

Nudetayne locked this topic

⚠️This topic is now closed to further replies.

Edited by NudeTayne
  • Like 2

7 hours ago, TecmoSuperJoe said:

2003 Titans were a good passing offense. For the majority of their existence in Tennessee though, you're right. 

Fun fact, there’s never been a 4000 yard passer in “Titans” franchise history. In fact only two guys have passed for over 3500 yards, Tannehill last year and Matt Hasselbeck in 2011.

Edited by TitanSlim

9 minutes ago, TitanSlim said:

Fun fact, there’s never been a 4000 yard passer in “Titans” franchise history. In fact only two guys have passed for over 3500 yards, Tannehill last year and Matt Hasselbeck in 2011.

That will change now with the addition of a 17th game.