Julio Jones traded to Titans for at least a 2nd rounder

TheRealMcCoy

I don't really understand how adding Bud Dupree, Denico Autry, Janoris Jenkins, and Caleb Farley is ignoring your defense.

They needed to add a pass rush last year and Beasley + Clowney add up to one of the worst one year duo signings in NFL history. Dupree and Autry may not make the pro bowl but they will be 20x better than that slop.

• Like 2

On 6/6/2021 at 11:56 AM, Ray Reed said:

Yeah it’s odd to me. They’re clearly still “all in” on a few more years of Matt Ryan considering his cap and the fact they didn’t draft a QB at 4, but they trade away his #1 WR

Had to trade Julio to be under the cap after rookie signings and still have some extra to go after veterans during the season to fill injury holes.

• Like 1

If Julio falls back to earth, averages 1150/9 the next three seasons and averages 14-15 games played, this is honestly a fair trade value for everyone and Julio is being respected while moving on at the right time for everyone involved. Any team to offer a first for his age and injury risk would be talked about as being fools. Heck...some folks are saying Tennessee made a lateral move and wasted a second rounder(, which I don't agree with but can understand if Julio falls off a cliff, of course). 

From an NFL fan perspective, it was time to clear the way for the other guys in Atlanta. Pitts may be the next Julio/Calvin--yes he's a TE but--so 🤷‍♂️.

34 minutes ago, tyler735 said:

Crazy to think the Falcons might be even worse this season. Suppose at least they got a (likely late) 2nd round pick for him.

A second rounder is a good swing to make, though, as if anyone major--QB, LT, Henry, for example--gets injured on the likely playoff team (TEN) then if the team misses the playoffs the pick all of a sudden gains some serious value. I like it much more than if they got a third and fourth from a bad team. Also, if Tennessee goes 10-7 and the Colts win the division, all of a sudden it's pick 47 or so. 

Like I said in an above post, the deal seems pretty fair value for the context (33yr old star who has been banged up, missed some time but also just wearing down from playing banged up for years, cap trouble, many weapons including Ridley and Pitts, not having to pay any of the contract to move Julio etc.) of the situation. IMO neither team got fleeced.

Edited by NudeTayne

2 hours ago, NudeTayne said:

If Julio falls back to earth, averages 1150/9 the next three seasons and averages 14-15 games played, this is honestly a fair trade value for everyone and Julio is being respected while moving on at the right time for everyone involved. Any team to offer a first for his age and injury risk would be talked about as being fools. Heck...some folks are saying Tennessee made a lateral move and wasted a second rounder(, which I don't agree with but can understand if Julio falls off a cliff, of course). 

From an NFL fan perspective, it was time to clear the way for the other guys in Atlanta. Pitts may be the next Julio/Calvin--yes he's a TE but--so 🤷‍♂️.

Surprisingly he only averaged 5.6 TDs the last 3 seasons. Also only had one 10+ TD season which was his second year. He definitely made up with that with a bunch of 1400+ yd seasons though. Being a fan of an AFC rival I’m glad they got him at 32 and not in his 20s. Definitely will be productive these next few seasons though.

Edited by Blackstar12
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, NudeTayne said:

unless we start passing the ball a whole lot more, i'd be surprised if julio puts up the bulk numbers we're used to seeing from him. 1150/9 would be a stellar year because my guess is it would come on < 80 receptions.

• Like 1

Im still confused what the actual beef in ATL was.....

Anyway, Titans just upgraded to best WR core in the league

ATL for some reason downgraded to Ridley and a rookie TE.....not even exaggerating but are they tanking??

I wouldn't even blame them but they're just trying to get their next QB after Ryan Im assuming