Julio Jones traded to Titans for at least a 2nd rounder

TheRealMcCoy

Just now, wackywabbit said:

The font that the Titans are using makes it worse

Maybe its just me, but I don't like single digits on a receiver as big as Julio, but yeah their font is atrocious.

Some teams fonts just aren't good. I was telling Bears fans that Fields' #1 looks awful cause it doesn't even look like the number. It looks like a lowercase L or uppercase i lol.

CTP64UWH6ZADTHIUJ3BHWYIEGU.jpg

• Like 1

On 6/6/2021 at 3:16 PM, titans0021 said:

I find the injury prone tag so fascinating for a guy that missed four games in six years before dealing with a nagging hamstring last year.

I had him on my fantasy team a few times and watched him a lot. He played 70% of the snaps in 2019 by coming off the field for what felt like every 2nd down.

I think that was Atlanta's way to keep him healthy.

As long as the Titans rotate him out like that I bet he would stay healthy.

On 6/6/2021 at 3:13 PM, MSURacerDT55 said:

The AFC (NFL) = Western Conference (NBA)

This would hold more weight if division rivals didn't play each other twice.

I wish the NFC was like the East but in the NFC West it's going to be tougher than any other division so I won't be feeling that.

9 hours ago, TheRealMcCoy said:

Maybe its just me, but I don't like single digits on a receiver as big as Julio, but yeah their font is atrocious.

Some teams fonts just aren't good. I was telling Bears fans that Fields' #1 looks awful cause it doesn't even look like the number. It looks like a lowercase L or uppercase i lol.

New uniforms a couple years ago were a big disappointment mostly because of the dang font.

I was also hoping for more gray.

16 hours ago, ET80 said:

They do have a stout OL with a very dynamic RB and an elite defense - Wentz doesn't have to be very good, just as good as Phillip Rivers was last season (which wasn't very good...)

If Wentz has a Ryan Tannehill-like resurgence, well...

The more time passes the more I really appreciate Rivers season with the Colts. physically limited with no offseason workouts, preseason. He lead the Colts to the playoffs and gave the Bills all he had. Definitely a HOF QB in my book.

• Like 3

At the end of the day, no harm no foul I guess. But this could have been a problem.

https://www.si.com/nfl/2021/06/07/mmqb-what-you-need-to-know-about-julio-jones-trade-daily-cover

Along those lines, I have it on good authority that Jones had no clue that he was on national TV when he said to FS1’s Shannon Sharpe, “I’m outta there” two weeks ago, which led to his trade request becoming public.

12 hours ago, dtait93 said:

I don’t know anything about him, what makes him a bad wr3?

He's just not very good. WR4 is as high as he should ever be on a depth chart, but no matter what, if he's in it's not a good sign.

He doesn't have great speed, and despite being tall he has bad ball skills so he will rarely catch a 50/50 ball. No YAC skill either. We were pretty baffled that he played over Van Jefferson last year for the duration of the season.

The best thing he has going for him is decent hands, but unless he's with an offensive guru, I doubt he will have success. Hence little interest and accepting almost the league minimum this year.

On 6/9/2021 at 12:18 AM, TheRealMcCoy said:

Agreed...that looks really bad

48 minutes ago, ILoveTheVikings said:

Hopefully he will start to actually catch touchdowns.

For as elite as Jones is (and he is one of the best...) he seems allergic to catching TD's.

Falcons fans might be more informed but maybe teams send extra help covering Julio near the end zone. Forcing other WRs to beat them.

51 minutes ago, Blackstar12 said:

Falcons fans might be more informed but maybe teams send extra help covering Julio near the end zone. Forcing other WRs to beat them.

Which is not the easiest thing to do now. Red zone is going to be particularly hard for opposing defenses. Have to stack the box for Henry, but then that means you also have to leave Julio and AJ one on one. Scary.