Julio Jones traded to Titans for at least a 2nd rounder

TheRealMcCoy

I think deep passing is overrated anyway. I feel like the most important passes to make are 10-20 yards down the field. That's what opens everything up. Everyone is enamored by the 40+ yards in the air bombs, but those are usually flukey. If you can stick 15 yard passes constantly, and have a strong run game, your offense is deadly. 

• Like 4

11 minutes ago, MOSteelers56 said:

I think deep passing is overrated anyway. I feel like the most important passes to make are 10-20 yards down the field. That's what opens everything up. Everyone is enamored by the 40+ yards in the air bombs, but those are usually flukey. If you can stick 15 yard passes constantly, and have a strong run game, your offense is deadly. 

As long as you have something else to keep pass defenses off balance. It doesn't have to be the deep ball but you better be good at the short throws and intermediate to keep defenses from honing in on one area. The deep threat works best as a threat than an actual offensive scheme. As long as you're good enough that teams have to expect the possibility then your deep ball is fine.

• Like 2