Julio Jones traded to Titans for at least a 2nd rounder

TheRealMcCoy

11 minutes ago, AngusMcFife said:

Too expensive and too injury prone for the Ravens, who are trying to develop young WRs to build a core for the future. Once the Ravens drafted Bateman and Wallace, trading for Jones would have been stupid. Waste of resources. Ravens are not the kind of team that will blow up their cap for one year, they plan long-term. 

They're going to get bounced in the playoffs pulling this long con BS. Bills went out and paid premium to get Diggs. Titans are stacked with Julio. And you know KC is ready. Those little boys in Baltimore don't scare us.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Ray Reed said:

Yeah it’s odd to me. They’re clearly still “all in” on a few more years of Matt Ryan considering his cap and the fact they didn’t draft a QB at 4, but they trade away his #1 WR

It’s probably because he’s older and injury prone as well as someone that plays a non premium position.

Edit: also expensive

Edited by Xenos

4 minutes ago, Kirill said:

They're going to get bounced in the playoffs pulling this long con BS. Bills went out and paid premium to get Diggs. Titans are stacked with Julio. And you know KC is ready. Those little boys in Baltimore don't scare us.

WR WR LT LG OC RG RT TE WR

RB

RB

Man, Roman would have been salivating. What could have been.

• Like 2

If chiefs get home field this will work to their advantage. Just rest up and let these teams beat the hell out of each other. Win 2 games and we’re in the Super Bowl.

this is why we stupidly stacked the offensive line. These WR’s can get hurt over nothing. You give our QB time to work he gets you the first seed

30 minutes ago, titans0021 said:

Corey Davis got 3 years, $37.5 million and will net the Titans a comp third. Julio’s contract is essentially a 3-year, $38 million deal and cost a second and essentially a 2023 5th. Worked out nicely for all parties. 

No he won't. He was cancelled out by your signing of Dupree. You're projected to get a 4th for Jonnu, but that's it.

Over the cap has a pretty accurate projection chart every year

• Like 5

Great trade for the Titans, although I dont think it will change a whole lot in terms of the balance of power in the AFC.     I think Jones will definitely make things exciting, but Corey Davis had a better COMPLIMENTARY skillset to AJ Brown (at this point in Jones career, anyway), and I dont think Jones will overwhelmingly eclipse Davis' stats.

Time will tell.    I do think its a great deal for them, but nothing that really tips the scales IMO.