Julio Jones traded to Titans for at least a 2nd rounder

TheRealMcCoy

3 minutes ago, Forge said:

No he won't. He was cancelled out by your signing of Dupree. You're projected to get a 4th for Jonnu, but that's it.

Over the cap has a pretty accurate projection chart every year

Hmm. Thought I had seen a third, weird, but yeah, looks like a fourth. But obviously it’s a CD/Jonnu combo for it, one of them cancels out Dupree, one nets the pick.

1 hour ago, Danger said:

Remember when Dolphins fans thought Tannehill was the problem?

I never did. Fanbase was pretty divided over it right down the middle towards the end. But overall I think youd find at the time most Dolphins fans had a far higher opinion of him than the general consensus.

Love what he's doing with the Titans, and will always be a fan.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Forge said:

No he won't. He was cancelled out by your signing of Dupree. You're projected to get a 4th for Jonnu, but that's it.

Over the cap has a pretty accurate projection chart every year

Corey Davis only signed for 12.5 per so that's not enough for a 3rd round pick anyway.

Anyway worth it for the Titans. They have a team that got a window with their offensive stars and they should lean in to an offense that could get hot again in the playoffs, for their current iteration.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, wackywabbit said:

Corey Davis only signed for 12.5 per so that's not enough for a 3rd round pick anyway.

Especially this year. There were only two spots for player signings as third round comp picks I'm pretty sure.  The rest are taken up by minority coaching / front office hires I believe

3 hours ago, AFlaccoSeagulls said:

Is there another metric for how good someone is at doing the deep ball?

https://www.playerprofiler.com/nfl/ryan-tannehill/

#27 in "Deep Ball completion %" and #26 in Deep Ball Attempts. And this is with the narrative that carried over from Miami that he wasn't good at throwing deep balls. I know somewhere out there is a "on target %" for throws over a certain distance, but I don't know where to find it.

This site says Ryan Tannehill's closest comparison is... Jaime Lannister... seems credible.

• Like 5

57 minutes ago, Kirill said:

They're going to get bounced in the playoffs pulling this long con BS. Bills went out and paid premium to get Diggs. Titans are stacked with Julio. And you know KC is ready. Those little boys in Baltimore don't scare us.

Actually the Ravens are the 2nd biggest team in the NFL last year. The little itty bitty Chiefs were 28th. Not counting coaching staffs, of course.

Bills might be good again, Chiefs will be tough as usual, but nothing insurmountable. The Titans don't scare me at all.  

2 minutes ago, RuskieTitan said:

Maybe one? Or two? I think it will have a greater impact in the playoffs, if he's healthy.

I wonder if they will pitch count him until playoff time. Maybe not a noticeable amount, but its a run heavy offense and you don't need Julio out there every down. This shouldn't change their offensive identity, just add an element to it. 

ATL got ripped off, but that's what bad teams do.

And it's not crazy to suggest Tannehill is on par with Mahomes. I personally think he's been slightly better. The only reason people call it crazy because of NFL propaganda and State Farm commercials. Tannehill been the more efficient passer  the past two seasons since he became the starter.

The addition of Julio absolutely makes TEN a SB contender.

Edited by biggie.

2 minutes ago, Deadpulse said:

How many wins does this get the Titans that they wouldnt of had? Or is this just a playoff move?

I think a lot of it depends on the defense. Last year they won 11 games with one of the best offenses in the league but a historically bad franchise defense. People talk about losing Arthur Smith but Vrabel has done very well picking his OCs and a lot of the same principles will still be place on offense. Can the defense get any worse. They lost Adoree, Jenkins, Vaccaro, and Butler. They added Dupree and Autry in FA and drafted Farley and Molden. I’m not a big believer in Vrabel’s scheme but hopefully adding Jim Schwartz as a senior assistant will help big time. Can’t be any worse. They should be the favorites in the AFC South. 

Just now, biggie. said:

ATL got ripped off, but that's what bad teams do.

It is not crazy to suggest that Tannehill is on par with Mahomes. I think he might actually be a little better. He's been a more efficient passer than Mahomes the past two seasons since he bcame the starter. The addition of Julio is going to make this offense explode.

calm down chill out GIF by Bounce

• Like 1