Titans to trade for Julio Jones (Revisited-12/20/21)

Titans fan 617

One thing this definitely does is put all of the pressure on Vrabel. Offense is all in and Robinson has let him keep his hand-picked DC and build the personnel around exactly what he wants. If this team is held back by the defense, there’s going to be a hard conversation about him handing over control to someone else.

• Like 1

This also shows the commitment our identify to being a big tough physical football team. AJ and Julio are big for WR standards. Then Reynolds and Fitzpatrick are both over 6’1. Then there’s that monster in the backfield that’s 6’3 245

Edited by 615finest

1 hour ago, 615finest said:

This also shows the commitment our identify to being a big tough physical football team. AJ and Julio are big for WR standards. Then Reynolds and Fitzpatrick are both over 6’1. Then there’s that monster in the backfield that’s 6’3 245

Unfortunately Henry ain’t 245 sh!t 🤣 he’s every bit of 260 

Still can’t believe we got this done. The ceiling on this offense is so high.

I watched the draft with a buddy of mine, and every time we passed on a WR he’d panic and I’d say it’s fine, we’re just trading for Julio. The idea that it actually worked out that way is hilarious.

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, TitanLegend said:

Not sure why he'd even inquire about #1 given it's retired for Moon. Even if Moon were to say it was okay, would be weird having a player wear a retired number.

If I remember correctly moon said he could wear no 1 if he asked since he played for the oilers and not the Titans 

46 minutes ago, titans0021 said:

Still can’t believe we got this done. The ceiling on this offense is so high.

I watched the draft with a buddy of mine, and every time we passed on a WR he’d panic and I’d say it’s fine, we’re just trading for Julio. The idea that it actually worked out that way is hilarious.

i also think we nee to finally admit we have a GM that will make these moves. For so long, we felt this wasn't a "Titan's" type move. But Robinson will go for it and I respect and like it. 

Also there is always a plan. 

i just heard Adam Caplan on the radio say Julio has been on the market since early March at the latest and the Titans were in on him from the jump. 

I think we saw with Clowney last year and now Julio this year, Robinson believes in his ability to get in on those type guys. 
Will it work out? Who knows. lol
But at least for me, he has earned the right to not jump at FAs or in the draft, and I'll believe he has a plan for later. 

"You never put the gun away. You keep firing. You keep taking shots, like a lot of these basketball players do."
~Jon Robinson

Unless there is some number trading among players, the only two WR numbers that are currently unused are 83 and 85. I think one of them ends up with 8 and the other 11. But I thought I remember reading that the Titans were choosing to maintain the traditional number rules and WR could use 10-19 and 80-89? I could be mistaken though.