• Jazz in 4
    • Jazz in 5
    • Jazz in 6
    • Jazz in 7
    • Clippers in 4
    • Clippers in 5
    • Clippers in 6
    • Clippers in 7

Please get this dude out of here ASAP. Luka should've ended it, but Kawhi went god mode and carried.... straight up embarrassing they let that get to a game 7.

They were killing this dude in the spaces about him doing too much with the ball saying how he's too talented to be doing this. Then started talking about Booker and how every move he's doing is done with intent and no wasted movement/dribbling. It really is true though.

And him passing back to Kawhi on that last possession... man listen.

He gotta step it up cause he going out sad again. I don't wanna hear about the Indy days.

Edited by TheRealMcCoy

7 hours ago, NYRaider said:

@BStanRamFan @Kirill yeah so about just locking Mitchell up... Where y'all at!?!

I never said anything about locking up Mitchell? I just said it's a series that Jazz could lose and Mitchell can get tunnel vision going 1 vs 5.

I only stayed up for the 1H, but a few notes I had...

• 2 quick fouls on Kawhi kept him from getting in a rhythmn in the first half. Followed by 2 quick fouls on PG3 to start the 2Q. The two never got going, but Luke Kennard looked very comfortable out there. That won't be duplicated again in the series.
  • Jazz 0-17 and it occured to NO ONE to get to the FT line and put points on the board. Their entire scoring in the 1Q was from 3....like every point. In no way is that sustainable and why did no one think to get Gobert involved offensively when they saw the LAC went small with Batum and Morris.? 
  • Game 1 is all about feeling out matchups. Beverly guarded Clarkson well, but offensively its like playing 5 v4. Cousins needs to get more minutes in Game 2. 
  • Kawhi is probably the most frustrating superstar in the league in the sense that he turns it on and off when he wants. Looks disinterested and passive on the offensive side and in other games he's one of the best two way players ever. I expect to see more Kawhi on Mitchell in Game 2. He likely would of in Game 1, but had 3 fouls at half, 2 were cheap.
  • Paul George is atrocious and I wouldn't be shocked to see this team get blown up if they lose this series.
  • Derrick Favors is a great piece for the Jazz in sparing minutes on the defensive side. He matches up well with small ball Centers and spells Gobert nicely. 
Edited by BStanRamFan
  • Like 1

Good win for the Jazz but one that they needed more than the Clippers. Just could not lose this one after the Clippers just played a tough, hard seven game series against the Mavs. If the Clips won this one, it could have gotten ugly for the Jazz.

Mitchell had a special performance and dude just picks his game up in the postseason. You guys will eventually start respecting these bucket getters soon enough and realize what playoff basketball is all about. 

PG got it going in the 4th quarter but he has some tired legs. Dude has been playing some heavy minutes and he relies mainly on his jump shot so that is a bad recipe right there. He's going to need to be better obviously going forward, as well as Kawhi.

But overall no surprise the Jazz came out a bit rusty missing some good looks and then the Clips wore down as the game progressed.

On to game 2.............

7 minutes ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

Mitchell had a special performance and dude just picks his game up in the postseason. You guys will eventually start respecting these bucket getters soon enough and realize what playoff basketball is all about. 

Thank you. We’ve heard for years on here that Mitchell was a chucker and Giannis was the best player in the league. Now it appears @beekay414 had his opinion flip flopped. 

1 hour ago, BStanRamFan said:

I never said anything about locking up Mitchell? I just said it's a series that Jazz could lose and Mitchell can get tunnel vision going 1 vs 5.

I only stayed up for the 1H, but a few notes I had...

• 2 quick fouls on Kawhi kept him from getting in a rhythmn in the first half. Followed by 2 quick fouls on PG3 to start the 2Q. The two never got going, but Luke Kennard looked very comfortable out there. That won't be duplicated again in the series.
  • Jazz 0-17 and it occured to NO ONE to get to the FT line and put points on the board. Their entire scoring in the 1Q was from 3....like every point. In no way is that sustainable and why did no one think to get Gobert involved offensively when they saw the LAC went small with Batum and Morris.? 
  • Game 1 is all about feeling out matchups. Beverly guarded Clarkson well, but offensively its like playing 5 v4. Cousins needs to get more minutes in Game 2. 
  • Kawhi is probably the most frustrating superstar in the league in the sense that he turns it on and off when he wants. Looks disinterested and passive on the offensive side and in other games he's one of the best two way players ever. I expect to see more Kawhi on Mitchell in Game 2. He likely would of in Game 1, but had 3 fouls at half, 2 were cheap.
  • Paul George is atrocious and I wouldn't be shocked to see this team get blown up if they lose this series.
  • Derrick Favors is a great piece for the Jazz in sparing minutes on the defensive side. He matches up well with small ball Centers and spells Gobert nicely. 

We started like 0-21 and still beat them without our All Star PG. 

3 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

Thank you. We’ve heard for years on here that Mitchell was a chucker and Giannis was the best player in the league. Now it appears @beekay414 had his opinion flip flopped. 

I've always been a Spida guy as well as a Booker guy as well as a Murray guy.

Let's see how Booker performs the rest of the way but these boys up their game in the playoffs, especially in the clutch. Gobert gets most of the love for the advance stats crew, but everyone knows Mitchell is THAT dude on the Jazz. 

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

I've always been a Spida guy as well as a Booker guy as well as a Murray guy.

Let's see how Booker performs the rest of the way but these boys up their game in the playoffs, especially in the clutch. Gobert gets most of the love for the advance stats crew, but everyone knows Mitchell is THAT dude on the Jazz. 

Had Kawhi on Expedia looking at flights to Cancun with that one.