• Jazz in 5
    • Jazz in 6
    • Jazz in 7
    • Clippers in 4
    • Clippers in 5
    • Clippers in 6
    • Clippers in 7

3 minutes ago, BlaqOptic said:

I see Paul George is already going to have one of his Playoff P games...

I feel like he is just not the strongest mentally. The bubble showed that when he admitted he mentally checked out dealing with depression and anxiety

As someone with depression I can empathize, but at some point he needs to stop getting in his own head and just block out the noise. There isn't gonna be too much noise/narrative during the regular season cause its a new opponent every game basically, so I don't think it would affect him as much then, but in the playoffs its a different atmosphere and you have to be tougher mentally. 

I remember he was complaining in the regular season about guys chirping to him.

LA Clippers guard Paul George said he was having a conversation with a referee when things escalated with Phoenix Suns guards Chris Paul and Devin Booker, leading to technical fouls called on George and Booker in the fourth quarter on Sunday.

After scoring 39 points and hitting seven 3-pointers to lead the Clippers to a 112-107 victory in Phoenix, George suggested that he heard "a lot of chirping" that had to do with his struggles in the bubble during last postseason in Orlando, Florida.

"You got to ask them," George said when asked what happened with Paul and Booker. "I was talking to the ref, CP jumped in and it escalated from there. Like I said, I've never had any words talking, there was never any altercation, there was always peace when I am on the floor, but for whatever reason, there's a lot of chirping and people just living in the past.

"Last year was last year. I'm in a new situation; I am in a different mindset. Any of that hate stuff, you got to ask them. I don't know where that's coming from."

"I had a tough year last year," George said in his postgame, on-court interview with the Clippers' broadcast. "People think it's sweet, man, people think it's sweet because I was down. I didn't hear none of this my 10 years in the league but last year, people living on that last year. And I got to answer that. And I am ready to compete. I'm back."

But George said he was surprised to hear talk directed at him.

"I don't talk, I play my game," George said. "For whatever reason, it's dudes talking. Like, never heard people talking [before], and it's never been directed towards me but for some reason it's a lot of mouth. And it's fine. I got to play up to that.

"I'll go through the fire. It's fine. As long as we come out on top, we win and I am helping my team win. That's all that matters. Save the rest, they can do what they want. I'm locked in and it's more so about me being at peace and at ease."

Like he said the right things for the most part... but he hasn't proven he's over it these playoffs.

Guys are gonna keep attacking your mental if they think you are soft.