• Jazz in 5
    • Jazz in 6
    • Jazz in 7
    • Clippers in 4
    • Clippers in 5
    • Clippers in 6
    • Clippers in 7

25 minutes ago, Kirill said:

A fair amount in this matchup. Clippers have elite defense. Have Paul George lockup Mitchell then you saw above their 2nd leading scorer gets like 17ppg. No Conley and it's goodnight.

Memphis was 6th in defensive efficiency, the Clippers were 8th...

38 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

Memphis was 6th in defensive efficiency, the Clippers were 8th...

Regular season metrics. Clippers have 2 top 5 wing defenders and depth don't matter as much in the playoffs so having a bunch of plus defenders isn't super relevant.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Kirill said:

Regular season metrics. Clippers have 2 top 5 wing defenders and depth don't matter as much in the playoffs so having a bunch of plus defenders isn't super relevant.

Thank god someone gets it. Having a superstar and championship experience is more valuable than any regular season accomplishment imagineable. 

The Jazz are very talented, well coached, DPOY, 6MOY, former COTY, and a budding star in Donovan Mitchell, but until they actually do something noteworthy in the postseason, none of it matters. And I'm fully aware it could be this year that they do that, but I'll be skeptical until I see it.

Clippers in 6.

34 minutes ago, Kirill said:

11 minutes ago, BStanRamFan said:

Thank god someone gets it. Having a superstar and championship experience is more valuable than any regular season accomplishment imagineable. 

The Clippers two "elite" perimeter defenders have gotten fried in every single playoff series they've been together, lol. Luka cooked them twice and Murray cooked them last season. The Clippers had a 116 defensive rating against the Mavericks despite no one other than Luka being able to score at even close to an efficient clip. 

Paul George's elite defensive playoff performances allowed: 

2017 - LeBron: 33 ppg on 54% FG (Indiana got swept)

2018 - Mitchell: 29 ppg on 46% FG (OKC lost in 6)

2019 - Lillard: 33 ppg on 46% FG (OKC lost in 5)

2020 - Luka: 31 ppg on 50% FG (LAC won in 6)

2020 - Murray: 23 ppg on 45% FG (LAC lost in 7)

2021 - Luka: 36 ppg on 49% FG (LAC won in 7)

And in those series those guys dropped 40+ on his dome like 10 times, lol. 

@BStanRamFan @Kirill

Edited by NYRaider

24 minutes ago, BStanRamFan said:

but until they actually do something noteworthy in the postseason, none of it matters. And I'm fully aware it could be this year that they do that, but I'll be skeptical until I see it.

What exactly have the Clippers done that's noteworthy in the post-season as a group? 

Just now, BStanRamFan said:

They have Kawhi Leonard. That's enough for me. 

A man who has led a team deep in the post-season once and completely flamed out in round 2 last season? If he can recruit Danny Green to break Mitchell's leg and pray Gobert tears his Achilles he could get a ring like he did with the Raptors. 

1 minute ago, NYRaider said:

A man who has led a team deep in the post-season once and completely flamed out in round 2 last season? If he can recruit Danny Green to break Mitchell's leg and pray Gobert tears his Achilles he could get a ring like he did with the Raptors. 

We get it kid, you're a homer. I'm the same way with the LA Rams so I don't knock it, but from an unbiased perspective, this is a very tough series for the Jazz whether you want to acknowledge that or not.  GL tonight in Game 1.

Im Out Jimmy Fallon GIF