• Jazz in 5
    • Jazz in 6
    • Jazz in 7
    • Clippers in 4
    • Clippers in 5
    • Clippers in 6
    • Clippers in 7

3 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

Mitchell on 1 leg and no Conley has also killed our offensive flow. 

Hoping we go after DeRozan on a S&T, Otto Porter, and draft Jaden Springer.

Yeah, the offense is a big problem with Mitchell really the only guy that can get to the paint. Conley is probably going to give it a go next game, just hope he is more effective than what Harden was a few days ago. 

Clippers double Mitchell or switch everything but they can get away with it since Gobert isn't a threat to take advantage of a smaller man on him. Like all his points are coming off offensive boards or wide open dunks. Compare that to someone like Ayton who has been killing smaller guys on him all playoffs. The roster is constructed fine with a healthy Mitchell/Conley, but right now it is getting kind of ugly lol. 

4 minutes ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

Oh now CP3 the best player on the team??

It's not like CP3 was killing the Lakers or shooting well in the last two games when the Suns put up 115 and 113 points. And let's be real, game 5 could have been worse but they were in garbage time before even halftime. 

No doubt he wasn't close to what he was against the Nuggets, but even when he was compromised, the Lakers defense couldn't do a damn thing the last two games with AD not playing. 

I mean CP3 dropped 18 in gm 4 (I think the only gm he scored over 9) and then hit his only 3 of the series in GM 5 so they prob at least thought about rotating to him on the perimeter after that. And Booker dropped his career high made 3pters in gm6... in the 1st quarter. If Booker is making 3s you cant guard him. 

5 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

Rudy was excellent masking our defensive inefficiencies. 

Yeah....I mean, Bogdan (or whatever his name is....) is great when he's dropping 3's of shooting FTs - but - on the other end, Morris is making a fool of him. That cant happen.

Clarkson's fine when he's dropping bombs - but outside that, what's he bring you on D?

Ingles? Nuf sed.

The Donovan/Conley injuries have unraveled / exposed the Jazz - much like the LBJ/AD combo did in the Lakers.

I'm still hopeful they'll *somehow* take two from the Clips....but I'm not seeing it.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, 11sanchez11 said:

I mean CP3 dropped 18 in gm 4 (I think the only gm he scored over 9) and then hit his only 3 of the series in GM 5 so they prob at least thought about rotating to him on the perimeter after that. And Booker dropped his career high made 3pters in gm6... in the 1st quarter. If Booker is making 3s you cant guard him. 

CP3 played good in game 4 but the other two games where AD didn't play at all, the Lakers defense was trash until the 2nd half....When the games were over by that point.

Book was awesome no doubt but the Lakers defense clearly fell off without AD. 

12 minutes ago, Leader said:

Yeah....I mean, Bogdan (or whatever his name is....) is great when he's dropping 3's of shooting FTs - but - on the other end, Morris is making a fool of him. That cant happen.

Clarkson's fine when he's dropping bombs - but outside that, what's he bring you on D?

Ingles? Nuf sed.

The Donovan/Conley injuries have unraveled / exposed the Jazz - much like the LBJ/AD combo did in the Lakers.

I'm still hopeful they'll *somehow* take two from the Clips....but I'm not seeing it.

I mean Rudy masked all of our defensive deficiencies as a rim protector, get him out of the paint and we don't really have any good wing defenders other than Royce O'Neale. 

Clarkson is an absolute scrub and one of my least favorite players ever. 

Yeah not having your two best ball handlers/primary creators in a playoff series against a very good team is tough. 

And agreed, we still could hypothetically win in 7, but I think we throw in the towel tomorrow.  

51 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

I kid, will be interesting to see what the Warriors do in the off-season. Would you give up Klay in a package for Luka? Draymond is certainly a better defender than Gobert. Rudy is great when he can camp at the rim other than that he's absolutely useless and has zero heart or fight in him. I'd trade Rudy and 4 first round picks for Dray.

Of course, to get Luka you have to do it...But no way in hell are the Mavs going to want Klay as the main piece of the trade when he is coming off an Achilles and ACL injury. 

Rudy is fine, need to add some athleticism on the perimeter and just stay healthy. Is Conley a FA this offseason or the next? 

1 minute ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

Of course, to get Luka you have to do it...But no way in hell are the Mavs going to want Klay as the main piece of the trade when he is coming off an Achilles and ACL injury. 

Rudy is fine, need to add some athleticism on the perimeter and just stay healthy. Is Conley a FA this offseason or the next? 

Wiseman, Wiggins, Klay, and the two lottery picks. 

Conley is a free agent this off-season, iffy about bringing him back though tbh. 

3 minutes ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

Conley would need to agree to that. With Conley the team is really good and a contender though. 

Yeah unless Conley's coming back at a discounted rate I hope we just let him walk unless a S&T nets us a good player in return.