• Jazz in 4
    • Jazz in 5
    • Jazz in 6
    • Jazz in 7
    • Clippers in 4
    • Clippers in 5
    • Clippers in 6
    • Clippers in 7

I told myself I wouldn't worry unless we lost a home game.  Welp, here we are.  Beginning to think the Jazz are just a really good regular season team.  Someone, usually multiple guys, always stepped up when others were struggling.  And, Bogey did pretty much last night offensively, but Mitchell was in a lot of pain. So, they kind of just balanced out.

Like others have mentioned, our defensive scheme is to funnel everyone through Gobert.  And, for a lot of teams out there, that would have worked, but the Clippers are so deep with shooters.  It seems like no one is missing any shots after game 2.  Even highly contested ones, and by their bench guys.  Meanwhile, the Jazz are relying on Clarkson, Niang, Oni, etc... to keep up.  Clarkson has his moments, but Niang has been nothing but a liability.  Probably gave the Clippers 30 points or so this series on a silver platter.  Oni just out there running around.  These guys played some good ball during the regular season, though.  Not sure what else to say.  Without a healthy Mitchell and Conley, Clippers got us covered.  At this point, just hoping they have two bad games in a row.  **shrug**

2 minutes ago, Ataal said:

Beginning to think the Jazz are just a really good regular season team. 

It's a completely different series if Mitchell and Conley were healthy. Mitchell has had to shoot 13 3PA at an insane rate to score and can't even dunk with how bad his ankle is. And it's tough to win without your PG who's averaging 20/10.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

It's a completely different series if Mitchell and Conley were healthy. Mitchell has had to shoot 13 3PA at an insane rate to score and can't even dunk with how bad his ankle is. And it's tough to win without your PG who's averaging 20/10.

All true, but where was everyone else this series?  During the regular season, someone else always stepped up.  Sometimes, it wasn't enough, sure, but I just don't see any of that this series.  Niang shouldn't be given a single minute more, but then who else gonna play?  Ilyasova?  I mean, he looked "okay" during the regular season when both Conley and Mitchell were out and the other team emptied their bench.  Go small and play Matt Thomas?  Eh...  We were promised a sniper.  Think I've seen him drop like 3 or 4 threes during garbage time the whole season.  We're just not that deep.  And, 2 of our 3 all stars are injured.  That really exposed our lack of depth.  

27 minutes ago, Ataal said:

All true, but where was everyone else this series?  During the regular season, someone else always stepped up.  Sometimes, it wasn't enough, sure, but I just don't see any of that this series.  Niang shouldn't be given a single minute more, but then who else gonna play?  Ilyasova?  I mean, he looked "okay" during the regular season when both Conley and Mitchell were out and the other team emptied their bench.  Go small and play Matt Thomas?  Eh...  We were promised a sniper.  Think I've seen him drop like 3 or 4 threes during garbage time the whole season.  We're just not that deep.  And, 2 of our 3 all stars are injured.  That really exposed our lack of depth.  

Everyone else, Gobert in particular ished the bed this series. He's a $200M player and hasn't made an impact on either end of the floor. And agreed, we lack depth, particularly in the backcourt. We have no one on the roster that can consistently create or get into the paint other than Conley and Mitchell. Bogdanovic is a solid complimentary scorer and Joe is a decent role player but yeah man. 

It's bittersweet but whatever happens, happens. Either Conley comes back tomorrow, Rudy nuts up, we win and force a game 7. Or we get blown out and our front office will be forced to make some moves this off-season to retool the roster. 

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, Leader said:

This ^

This is an all costs game to force that game 7 at home.
Then - weird things can happen.

Welp looks like Mitchell is done for the series as well. Great season as a fan but extremely disappointing way to go out. 

10 hours ago, Bullet Club said:
15 hours ago, TheRealMcCoy said:

If we are taking regular season and postseason into account he’s the coach of the year IMO, especially when you take into account how many games their key players missed. 

Ibaka - 31 games 

Leonard - 20 games

George - 18 games

Morris - 15 games

I’m gonna be honest I didn’t expect the Clippers to come into Utah and pull out a game 5 right after the blow of losing Kawhi.

They shot a top 5 percentage from 3PT all time this year and yeah that was without fans but you could tell super early in the season how much better their ball movement looked compared to the Rivers team.

Expand  

I'd say McMillan's candidacy has taken a major bump this postseason.

You don't gotta tell me man. I was saying the interim tag probably should be taken off before the playoffs even started. After what he's done now in the first two series it definitely should be though. If the Hawks don't give him a job I'm sure that someone else will.

8 hours ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

Gobert is taking heat and people are taking shots at him like folks did with Giannis, but damn a healthy AD is a cyborg defensively. I mean even though he wasn't fully healthy this season, he was still damn good, especially in the playoffs against the Suns. The Suns were struggling big time offensively when AD was playing and once he went out, they got pretty much whatever they wanted. 

dude is a freakazoid... I really hope he returns next year healthy and in great shape cause he was never really right this year and its a shame cause he's a definite top 10 player.