• Jazz in 4
    • Jazz in 5
    • Jazz in 6
    • Jazz in 7
    • Clippers in 4
    • Clippers in 5
    • Clippers in 6
    • Clippers in 7

smfh Raj is one of the coolest people on Lakers Twitter. I really dislike Lakers fans like this (the one who screenshot him) it’s really childish behavior.

Couldn’t agree more with this. It’s obviously been fun to slander the Clippers/PG cause the lack of success on the teams part and well PG making himself an easy target with opening his mouth and not backing it up, but at the end of the day it’s still a game and should be enjoyed as such. Honestly Clippers games are a great bargain during the postseason. You can sit pretty close for something that won’t cost an arm and a leg. 

It’s ironic cause a ton of people catch the Lakers at Staples or in their nearby city, even if they aren’t a fan of the Lakers or opposing team cause it’s the Lakers or they wanna see one of the star players (Kobe, Bron, Shaq, AD, etc)…. holy run-on sentence!

I don’t wanna act like most Lakers fans were acting this way though, cause there seemed to be a ton that were also being chill and giving respect to George, Lue and the rest of them.

But, that vocal minority is always loud with the hate and make the rest of the fanbase look bad. For example, I hopped in a Warriors spaces on Twitter last night and it felt like they spent more time talking about and hating on LeBron than they did talking about the games today. You gonna have to explain this phenomenon to me @agarcia34  or @J-ALL-DAY, cause I don’t get it. I know y’all aren’t like that, but just trying to get the perspective from your side. Like it’s been 3/4 years since the last match-ups and they weren’t even competitive lol. Warriors fans talk about Bron 24/7 with so much hate lol. It’s wild. That dude enhances their franchise and Steph’s legacy so much and it’s not like they don’t got a winning record against him. 😂🤔

Edited by TheRealMcCoy

26 minutes ago, Kip Smithers said:

Ty Lue deserves a lot of respect. Even though I find the 2016 Finals lucky, he proved he can coach. Lakers would’ve been better off with him tbh. So would Philly. 

Trust me… I know lol. Been singing his praises.

Don’t get me wrong though. Vogel is a good coach (elite at defense and ) that I do appreciate and have a lot of respect for. But, he has more warts to him like offensive sets/game planning (wish we had better than Kidd under him), adjusting slow (in comparison), and rotations. He’s nowhere close to as bad on the latter as Luke Walton was, but he isn’t as quick to sit or play guys as Lue is. He has proven he will eventually do it though, but being quick to adjust can make a huge difference.

Like just read some of those comments from former Pacers in the second tweet. He is a definite players coach and I can see why his former and current players respect the hell out of him for it. He’s real with them, but won’t throw them under the bus publicly and that isn’t true of all head coaches and goes a long way with players… a lot of whom probably have fragile egos. He’s good at managing personalities.

At the end of the day would I take Lue over Vogel? Yes, but we could do MUCH worse. I think he deserves to be in or around the top 10 or so. We aren’t far removed from the dark days of Luke Walton or Byron Scott days… *shudders* so yeah… I’m thankful for him lol.

Edited by TheRealMcCoy

Lakers fans have been talking about Lue and what could’ve been a lot lately and previously too. @Kip Smithers

A Lue (offense) and Vogel (defense) pairing would’ve been absolutely crazy good looking back in retrospect. But, at the end of the day it wouldn’t have lasted long cause Vogel would’ve been hired away super fast. I mean Kidd has a terrible track record and he still seems to be getting interviews with ease 😂🤨.

Also random, but I forget you’re British (I think?) until I see you spell it “criticise” lol

Ultimately I think the Jazz far too 3pt reliant and not strong in the basics of the game.
They were all the rage when they were hitting their 3's - but when those cooled off they lacked a well rounded offense.

If you think back - the memory of the 1st half was UT dropping all the bombs (primarily Clarkson) - but a good portion of their success came from driving the paint or hitting their mid-range jumpers.

2 pointers aren't as sexy as long 3's - but the % for success is higher and it does an important thing: It keeps the pressure on the other team to convert.

You settle in to just chucking 3's - ESPECIALLY - when the well runs dry - your offense grinds to a halt.

Utah lacked an inside offense and have too many players willing to sit at the arc and chuck away. Not a recipe for success come the upper echelons of the Playoffs when execution, converting and defense step to the front of the line.