Jump to content

Recommended Posts

Reading through these replies it seems that there's a general consensus on the top 4:

  • Kittle
  • Kelce
  • Waller
  • Andrews

The 5th spot is going to be really interesting, and where most of the debate seems to lie:

  • Zach Ertz
  • TJ Hockenson
  • Kyle Pitts
  • Dallas Goedert
  • ???
Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, AFlaccoSeagulls said:

Reading through these replies it seems that there's a general consensus on the top 4:

  • Kittle
  • Kelce
  • Waller
  • Andrews

The 5th spot is going to be really interesting, and where most of the debate seems to lie:

  • Zach Ertz
  • TJ Hockenson
  • Kyle Pitts
  • Dallas Goedert
  • ???

Irv Smith - No more Rudolph so he could have a huge season.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
On 6/28/2021 at 2:01 PM, AFlaccoSeagulls said:

Reading through these replies it seems that there's a general consensus on the top 4:

  • Kittle
  • Kelce
  • Waller
  • Andrews

The 5th spot is going to be really interesting, and where most of the debate seems to lie:

  • Zach Ertz
  • TJ Hockenson
  • Kyle Pitts
  • Dallas Goedert
  • ???

I'm not putting Andrews as the consensus #4. At the very least there has to be a visual gap in the rankings after the top 3 or so. He's a receiving TE who has been terrible with drops of easy catches in big spots. I don't know why he isn't criticized for them like Hollywood Brown on the same team has. Except, unlike Brown, he's been awful on the playoffs. Andrews has the separation ability down, but we have to REALLY lower the bar for TE vs WR to not hold to the same criticism.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
Quote

Goedert splitting the field with Zach Ertz to begin his career has created a situation where many don’t realize just how good he has been. Kittle is held high as the shining example of a “dual-threat” tight end who challenges defenses as a receiver and blocker (for good reason). But Goedert is actually the only tight end in the NFL with receiving and run-blocking grades of 80.0 or higher since 2018. He ranks seventh in receiving grade and first in run-blocking grade over that three-year span. 

An Ertz trade could lead to a featured role — and more recognition — for the former second-round pick out of South Dakota State.

     

Edited by TheRealMcCoy
  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites

Production is so hard to guess for a lot of these guys so that's the tub with this list Andrews is stat machine in that offense. My rankings strictly of who id want on my team for this year.

1)Kelce 

2)kittle

3)waller 

4) Hockensen 

5) Fant fant is a wild card If Lock progresses or teddy b starts I feel confident in this ranking if it doesn't happen I should of went Andrews. I just love Fants athlestism as a move te if he peaks he's a Waller like specimen.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 6/8/2021 at 11:12 AM, Letsch80 said:

Completely agree. He and Kelce are tied for the lead in touchdowns over the last 2 seasons with 15. I actually think the offseason additions at receiver are actually going to benefit Andrews quite a bit by opening up the middle of the field more.

TDs aren't really a sticky stat, though. I am aware that fantasy =/= IRL but last year I had to choose between Waller and Andrews, and while Andrews crushed Waller in tds, in every other respect they were equal, and I had faith that Waller's opportunities would continue to be consistent, whereas Andrews would not. 

And as far as offseason additions benefiting Andrews....as it stands, the Ravens' passing game pie will only get so big, so anything that might take limited opportunities away probably hurts Andrews. 

He's still a good player, I just have a hard time seeing him as top 5. But as others have pointed out, once you get past the top 3 (Kelce, Kittle, and Waller, in order) it's a scrum of guys who can be anywhere from 3-10 depending on what you're looking for and will end up anywhere from 2-20 depending on what sort of flukey stuff (good AND bad) happens during the season

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 7/2/2021 at 5:25 PM, wackywabbit said:

I'm not putting Andrews as the consensus #4. At the very least there has to be a visual gap in the rankings after the top 3 or so. He's a receiving TE who has been terrible with drops of easy catches in big spots. I don't know why he isn't criticized for them like Hollywood Brown on the same team has. Except, unlike Brown, he's been awful on the playoffs. Andrews has the separation ability down, but we have to REALLY lower the bar for TE vs WR to not hold to the same criticism.

Probably because unlike Hollywood Brown, Mark Andrews puts up very, very good actual stats? He just hasn't come through in the playoffs for us (nobody has, though).

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 7/5/2021 at 9:26 AM, Mr Bad Example said:

TDs aren't really a sticky stat, though. I am aware that fantasy =/= IRL but last year I had to choose between Waller and Andrews, and while Andrews crushed Waller in tds, in every other respect they were equal, and I had faith that Waller's opportunities would continue to be consistent, whereas Andrews would not. 

And as far as offseason additions benefiting Andrews....as it stands, the Ravens' passing game pie will only get so big, so anything that might take limited opportunities away probably hurts Andrews. 

He's still a good player, I just have a hard time seeing him as top 5. But as others have pointed out, once you get past the top 3 (Kelce, Kittle, and Waller, in order) it's a scrum of guys who can be anywhere from 3-10 depending on what you're looking for and will end up anywhere from 2-20 depending on what sort of flukey stuff (good AND bad) happens during the season

I understand the argument and Kelce, Kittle and Waller undoubtedly deserve to be ahead of Andrews at this point I just can't put the likes of Hockenson and Pitts ahead of him yet. I will always take the player on the better offense especially the guy I know will get peppered with end zone targets on a very efficient red zone offense. I need to see it from Pitts and Hockenson before I can believe it.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

1. Travis Kelce
2. George Kittle
3. Darren Waller (+ Foster Moreau)
4. Hunter Henry + Jonnu Smith
5. Dallas Goedert + Zach Ertz

Cheating and putting top 5 TE groups, Kelce and Kittle essentially stand alone atop the rankings. Waller is individually ahead of the others, whereas Philly and NE as using a duo to ascend. Buccaneers are really close as a trio as well and Ravens are probably my 7th ranking in before the next tier of more individual stars like Gesicki, Hockensen and Fant.

Kyle Pitts somewhere between Waller and Fant, but may be a bit behind Fant in 2021.

Edited by Trojan
Link to post
Share on other sites

It is honestly this....

Kelce, Kittle, you pick which is 1 and which is 2.

Then it's Waller.

Then just choose two guys you like.  There's just a huge list of who could go #4 and #5, and it all depends on what you like best.  But those three listed are just plain better than anyone else.

Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, Letsch80 said:

I understand the argument and Kelce, Kittle and Waller undoubtedly deserve to be ahead of Andrews at this point I just can't put the likes of Hockenson and Pitts ahead of him yet. I will always take the player on the better offense especially the guy I know will get peppered with end zone targets on a very efficient red zone offense. I need to see it from Pitts and Hockenson before I can believe it.

That's a fair point, that he's clearly a cut below the top 3 but who really would you say is hands-down better than he is? It's fuzzy. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 1 month later...
On 6/26/2021 at 2:07 PM, RTTRUTH said:

Not one mention of Zach Ertz in here. Damn y’all got short memories. 
 

Four straight seasons of 800+ yards and 4-8 Touchdowns, averaging 10+/reception. Has one season messed up by injury and everyone forgets.

1) Kelce

2) Kittle 

3) Ertz

4) Waller 

5) Andrews/Goedert/Hockenson can fight it out in 2021 for the next spot. Personally I put a decent amount of stock in the blocking game so I’m thinking most evolved blocker wins. 
 

If Ertz continues to decline we can drop him to 5 or 6. I’m just not ready to forget about him yet. And Henry deserves mention, but injuries and inconsistency have never let him Own a spot. He had (and still has) the talent. Maybe he’ll make a jump in NE, health permitting. 
 

Tough to compare guys. Ertz nearing end of his career. Hock and Goedert still sort of ascending. Fant too. 

Goedert > Ertz. Most Eagles fans feel this way as well as PFF.

 

 

 

Goedert is the only dude who put up an 80 + Blocking and Receiving grade last year for them.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

×
×
  • Create New...